Pets you have and wish you had

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:04 pm

i used to be owned by two wonderful little kitty cats named Max and 99 (for those of you under 40 the names are a reference to the show Get Smart). Max was (is still, really) a loud miaower who always wanted to go out and hunt birds or eat grass or just lie in the Sun. One time he got his back leg caught between the slats of a wooden fence. When I saw it I was in such panic that I ran out and tried to get him out. He bit my hands so hard, but on the second try I ignored the pain and freed him. I still have a scar on my hands, as a last memento. He had this odd habit of walking across a room, doing a quick roll-over, and keeping going like nothing had happened. He was also a big lap cat and would lay on anyone who wanted to watch TV.

99 hated the outside and would scamper for the door if you tried to force her. She was a diagnosed neurotic who was probably abused as a kitten. So she hung around the food bowl all day and got very fat. She hated most people but loved me because I would pet her face and brush her. She was too fat to clean herself so she had to be groomed every day. And the skin under her belly was so stretched that you couldn't touch her there or she'd go crazy. Her favorite resting place was on the TV. She liked watching ice hockey. When the camera would move rapidly from one side to the other, she would chase the players or the puck as they went off screen. I guess she just saw dark spota against a white background, but it still looked like she had fun.

Sadly, the two of them got tired of the humid Long Island weather and decided to move out to the desert upon their retirement. They now live in a nice little ranch house in Sun City, Arizona along with Max's brother and sister. They're getting old and Max is having health problems, and I don't know how much longer they'll be around. But sometimes I still feel the missing weight on my chest when I lie down. I miss them so.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:08 pm

I wish I could have pets, but my mother and I are severely allergic to cats and just about any animal that carries dander. Though, I do want a bunny when I move out XD

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:11 pm

For me I own 2 wonderful kitties name Micheal and Selphie! Micheal looks like a tiger and he was name after Micheal Meyers from Holloween which I like. Selphie is a gray kitty and her face was half white and half gray. My sister name her after Selphie from FFVIII which the character she likes.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:36 pm

I own three cats, all male, named Fluffy, Ike, and Smokie. I've had Fluffy since I was two, so obviously he's my favorite. My mom owned a cat named Claire, which she had for 18 years. He died a few years ago, and last October she decided to get a new cat from one of her friends.

She got a black male cat, then a week later decided to go get his sister. My mom named them Ike and Tina because they were always fighting. About a month after we got Tina, my mom noticed that she looked a little "masculine" and we realized Tina was a guy. Sadly, a week later Tina was run over.

Then a few months ago, my mom got another kitten to play with Ike (because Fluffy did not like him). She got a little grey kitten. I wanted to name either Honky Cat or Captain Fantastic, but my mom decided to name him Smokie.

We actually didn't name him that because he was grey. My family and I watch a show called Trailer Park Boys, and a week before we got Smokie, we saw this episode that showed that one of the characters used to be a male prostitue who called himself Smokie ^_^.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:49 pm

My family owns two pomeranian dogs, Ginger and Casey. They're with mom and dad right now in TN. Ginger is an Orange Sable color, and Casey is a creamish-brown color.

Derek and I have a Miniature Rex bunny. She's cedar-colored, so her name is Cedar.

We want to get a kitten, but we simply cannot afford another pet deposit. (Cedar alone was about 200 bucks, and a kitten would be another 300, I believe). When we get a house someday, we also want a welsh corgi (like Ein on Cowboy Bebop ^^)

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Ni-ban Neko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Ni-ban Neko » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:30 pm

David and I have a cat, named Rydia. She's a green-eyed tuxedo cat, who we adopted last year, and love to bits. :)

We'd like a bunny one day.
Jen Graña ~ Ni-ban Neko
LiveJournal ~ tw.net
~thank you for the avatar, Secret Santa <3~

--

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:43 pm

Ni-ban Neko wrote:David and I have a cat, named Rydia. She's a green-eyed tuxedo cat, who we adopted last year, and love to bits. :)

We'd like a bunny one day.
;_; see, I wanna adopt a kitty. We even went to the shelter and picked one out..and we were gonna hide the kitty until we could afford a deposit. But then we found out that the shelters call all apartment complexes first, which I can understand, becuase they dont' want people abandoning cats when they can't afford their apartment complex's pet deposit.

so we had to put him back ;_; But someday hopefully, we can get one.

As for bunnies...I would recommend against the breed of rabbit I have. They're not the most playful, cuddly types..they're moreso for show rabbits. We didn't know this, and the lady who sold her to us lied -_- we found out why she was such a bitch when we spoke to the guy whose breeding farm she came from. But we still <3 her!

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:22 pm

I have a female common gray cockatiel named Chichi (NOT after the character from DragonBall Z.) She likes to go everywhere else in my room except for her cage. A family of cats also adopted us (the mother and her five kittens.) The mother had already adopted a couple of years ago and since had the kittens. Those cats live outside, because my mom doesn't want them in the house.

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 pm

We have a female Tortiseshell cat names Alley, so named because that's where we found her. She's 5 years old. I also have *many* fish, but not as many as I had a month ago. I've got...4 Jack Dempsies, two of which are a breeding pair. They don't have names. The other two are named Buggy and S.O.B. (yes, it stands for what you think it stands for. He's MEAN!!), a plecostimus named Janitor (w/ the 'J' making the "y" sound, so it's actually "Yanitor." Don't ask), a red cichlid of some kind named Robin, a tiger barb named Babs (he had tank buddies, but they all went to fishie heaven), two shubunkin gold fish named Shibby and Bunkie, and a gold-and-white goldfish named Urnie (he lives in a big concrete urn with a fountain). Oh, and two bettas, Stormy and Pyro (Stormy's grey and Pyro's scarlet). I *think* that's all for fish. We've got a hand-length crawdad, too, named Nixon.

If I could have any pet I wanted, it'd be a DOG. I want one SO bad, but 1) our yard isn't big enough, 2) my dad doesn't really like dogs, and 3) we probably couldn't afford one. But I'm going to get one some day. It'll be a male doberman pincher. Coolest. Dogs. Ever. His name will be Amos.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:45 pm

We used to have a pet dog. He was a mixed breed, but I can't remember which ones. We named him Shadow because at first, we wanted to get a golden retriver and name him after the character from "Homeward Bound" (which was a movie my sister and I were obssesed with at the time), but we found this mixed breed dog instead and abosuletly had to have him, so even though it wasn't the right type of dog originally planned, we named him Shadow, anyway. ^^ He always licked you and stuff like that and he liked to run around a lot, especially through other people's yards. We got an eletric fence for our yard, but it didn't work at all as he would just jump over it and it wouldn't phase him at all. ^^;; Sadly, he choked on something and the vet couldn't help him any, so they had to put him to sleep...

If I could have any other pet, I would love to have a cat. My parents won't let me keep one since they don't want to keep pets in the house and we can't keep a cat in our backyard because we have lots of dogs in this neighborhood. If I were to get a cat one day, I would like to have a black one, but I'm not sure what I would name it.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:45 pm

I have a black (Gothic) bunny rabbit by the name of Celeborn. I couldn't think of anything at all to name him (My mother didn't want me calling him Lucifer. ;_; ) so he ended up being Celeborn. He's rarely called that, however, instead he's usually known as 'The Rabbit' or 'Stew'. (My parents think it's amusing calling him stew, because they want to make a rabbit stew of him...)
He's an evil bunny, but I still love him...Except when he bites. The love disappears then.
As for pets I would like...I want a turtle. Why? Because turtles rock this world.
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

Artemis Lover
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Artemis Lover » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:15 pm

sorry but I haven't been on to post my reply, so here it is!!!
I have one dog named Domino. He is a standard poodle (one of the only ones we can have because my mom is allergic to dogs) but he doesn't have a weird, floofy cut. He is 5 years old, gray, 80 pounds, and cute as can be.
My sister also has a rat called Rosado, Rosi for short. She's white and dark gray and lives in her room.
Sorry to the people that want a bunny, but we had one, and she at least was grumpy and smelly.

Sailor Wind
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Wind » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:58 pm

I have a pet cat called Sam which I adore and have done all my life. The strangest thing is that it has the exact same dath of birth as I have! It's like we were ment to be together.

I might be getting a dog within 6 months but not sure definate since it might be within 12 months.

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:28 am

Lady of the Light wrote:As for pets I would like...I want a turtle. Why? Because turtles rock this world.
I have to ask. Did Motoki and Mr Kamekichi rub off on you? :P

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:52 pm

RoastedTwinkies wrote:
Lady of the Light wrote:As for pets I would like...I want a turtle. Why? Because turtles rock this world.
DUDE. No, I loved turtles before that, but...They just rock.
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:21 pm

Our family dog is an old Gordon Setter named Rex. My brother has a little mutt named Sugar (though I think she likes me better than him). I have a cockatiel named Talon (>_< Who never seems to know when to shut up...)

I want a cat, or more than one, but my dad hates them for some reason so I've never gotten to have one.
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:37 pm

Lady of the Light wrote:
RoastedTwinkies wrote:
DUDE. No, I loved turtles before that, but...They just rock.
I see. I think Kamekichi has rubbed off a little on me *sweatdrop*
I'm not sure if I'd actually get a turtle though and my parents still think they're ugly, lol

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:53 pm

I had a Dalmatian/Collie mix named "Scruffy". She was one of the sweetest, friendliest dogs my family ever had. Shes' gone now. Killed by a dog-poisoner over seveal years ago. :cry:
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:27 pm

I have 2 cats who are adorable most of the time.

Sport: He's 7-8 years old, fat, weighs 16 pounds, and is completely lazy. He's really outgoing and will run up to you if you come in. He also loves to A: go out on our screened in porch, B: Sleep, and C: Sneak out the front door to eat grass. Sport will eat almost anything... He has black fur on his back, a black tail, a black and white head with a little brown fur spot on his face, and white bottom and legs.

Snowflake: She's 8-9 years old, and is TINY. She weighs about 7 pounds, and can be either: extremely shy, or extremely cuddly. Take a guess what her fur color is? With a name like Snowflake... obviously: White. with a couple of gray spots... just obvious. she is one of the cutest things i've seen... *wishes I was at home right now so I could let her snuggle me* I love my kitties...
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:22 am

I have a silver Australian Miniature Poodle named Velvety and a creamy Devon Rex named (what else?) Oedipuss Rex. Everyone in the family calls Oedipuss "Oedipuss" excpet for my sister, who equates it with a certain NFBSK action (add a "y" on the end. What does it sound like?) and calls him "Rex".

Velvety is lovable (and a rare find. How can one NOT love her?) and she usually spends the day around the house. As she doesn't leave hairs everywhere, she's also permitted on furniture. She also has her own beanbag.

Oedipuss is also one loveable kitty, but of course, being a Devon Rex, he has a high-pitched meow and loves to attack people and furniture (the scratching post is used though). He likes to get in boxes and rip them to shreds too. Surprisingly, all the animosity between him and the dog amounts to about one hiss the day the cat first came home. He's also more amusing to watch than the dog (you have not lived until you've seen a rogue cat run through a house with its head attached to a paper bag loop).
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.