Worst Movies Ever?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Mendoza
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Mendoza » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:28 am

I pride myself on having seen some bad movies so please feel free to chime in if anyone has seen any of these clunkers

R.O.TO.R(Worst dubbing in a movie ever. This was filmed in Texas and everyone in the moive speaks english, so why is it dubbed like a kung fu movie?
Head of the Family( A gaint head with hands + one blind guy+ one mongoliod + one chick with gaint endowments - plot= PAIN)
Plan 9 from outerspace( Six words "He's reading the script on Camera)
Reptilicus( American version of Godzilla, bah godzuki could take this stop motion punk out)
Godzilla's Revenge( Wait wait wait, You telling me i have to listen to a little japanese punk whine about a bully for 90+ minuets and Godzilla only appears in stock fottage? I hope they shot the writter!)
Champions (Ken Shamrock's film debut, well if you dont count that cameo in Virtuosity. I think about half way through this martial arts crapfest the director said "Ok, this aint going to fly, lets just throw some nudity filled sex scenes in and hope nodody notices."
Class of 1999 2: The Substitute( What can I say? Sasha Mitchell was born to play cody on step by step. Nothing else.)

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:51 pm

Mendoza wrote:Reptilicus( American version of Godzilla, bah godzuki could take this stop motion punk out)
Godzilla's Revenge( Wait wait wait, You telling me i have to listen to a little japanese punk whine about a bully for 90+ minuets and Godzilla only appears in stock fottage? I hope they shot the writter!)
Thanks for reminding me..

Godzilla (US version) - Basically rips off scenes and bits from other, popular, better films. (Especially Jurassic Park).
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Mendoza
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Mendoza » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:00 am

Good choice Aya!
I can't believe Jean Reno did that horrid piece of trash.
I'd Love to see the real Gojira take on that gaint Iguana.
Wouldn't you? Aya

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:08 am

Mendoza wrote: I can't believe Jean Reno did that horrid piece of trash.
You're sooooooooooo right. He's my favorite actor, he did Wasabi (set in Japan, so nice ^^;; ) , he did one recently called "Tais-toi" (Shut up) which is funny as hell, but Godzilla... only decent thing is that his accent weren't that bad for a French man ¬_¬
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

Mendoza
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Mendoza » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:45 pm

My favorite film with him is still Leon: The professional, I just wish i could get my hands on the international cut.
The US version is a bit trimmed for us Americans and our short attention spans. Its a tragedy.

Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor X » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:25 pm

Artemis wrote:Probably my least favorite movie was Bring it On. I mean, seriously, a movie all about cheerleaders? -__- I thought it was incredibly stupid.
Oh, I don't know. I thought it was really funny (The opening part where Torrie or whatever the hell her name is uniform dissappears, as well as the audition scene) and the actual competition part at the end was excellent. It has nothing to say in terms of plot or acting though, so basically whenever it comes on I watch it just to be entertained if I'm bored. It was just a teen movie. I'm pretty sure Bring it On Again sucks more than a prostitute.
You Got Served is a horrid example of a teen movie. I refuse to watch it, ever. Any movie starring two black teen idols has got to be really bad.
That avatar is a self portrait. Really. Really. No matter how much it looks like D'Angelo, that's me. .... Oh, just shut up.

"Man, I am like obsessed with this show...could anyone have made a worse tv program if they set out to? The best part is, it was my grandma's FAVORITE show. We put her in a home shortly after she made that comment."
Jump the Shark comment on "Small Wonder"

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:15 pm

just now I realise what the South Park dance episode was mocking. You got Served. XD

So far, from what I've heard: Contact, numerous teen movies, Antz *I did not like it at ALL*, Lost in Space *BORING. give me my game boy, I need entertainment*
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:30 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote: So far, from what I've heard: Contact, numerous teen movies, Antz *I did not like it at ALL*, Lost in Space *BORING. give me my game boy, I need entertainment*
How about seeing a movie before condemning it, rather than just hearing about it?
You Got Served is a horrid example of a teen movie. I refuse to watch it, ever.
I thought it was pretty good. But, as I enjoy dancing, and I enjoy looking at Wade Robson's sexy ass, that might be why.
Any movie starring two black teen idols has got to be really bad.
And a movie about cheerleading starring three or four white teen idols is good? Which doesn't count the four (more than two, I might add) black teen idols? Don't get me wrong, I love the movie, but that's kinda hypocritical.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:59 pm

50 First Dates has got to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen...

[spoiler]First, what is the point of constantly reminding Drew Barrymore's character's it's the same day everyday? Her dad and her brother would go through the trouble of making her believe it's the same day everyday.[/spoiler]

Big Spoiler!!!

[spoiler]I thought in the end she would at least get her memory back. But nope...[/spoiler]

This has got to be one of Sandler's worst, IMO...
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:40 am

Jonathan wrote:50 First Dates has got to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen...

[spoiler]First, what is the point of constantly reminding Drew Barrymore's character's it's the same day everyday? Her dad and her brother would go through the trouble of making her believe it's the same day everyday.[/spoiler]

Big Spoiler!!!

[spoiler]I thought in the end she would at least get her memory back. But nope...[/spoiler]

o_O I thought it was cute for what it was...and:

[spoiler] Um the point was so that she wouldn't experience the trauma she experiences when they DO tell her she has no short-term memory left. They didn't want her to flip out. They did it out of love.

And I thought it was a good twist that she didn't get it back. If she had gotten it back, it would have been the perfect "aww everything's wonderful and roses yay" ending. This one was a bit more realistic. [/spoiler]

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:41 am

STARSHIP TROOPERS 2
Let's see now...the only connection this has to the first movie is that one of the women from the first film is in this movie. Heck, Paul Verhoeven didn't even touch it. He would have made it a heck of a lot funnier.

REEFER MADNESS
"Don't do drugs. Drugs are bad, and if you do drugs, then you're bad, mmkay?" Do I really need to say much more? OK...how about "A gun fired towards a carpeted floor will not produce a dime-shaped hole in the back of a girl on a couch," or "We now know that bodies of text do not have fingers." THAT should sum it up, right? A classic of its kind.

TURBO: A POWER RANGERS MOVIE
I like Power Rangers. Call me strange, but I do. Admittedly, the first series was crap but once they got to filming fight scenes in America/New Zealand, the series started to impove markedly. That said, I was rather disappointed by this movie. See, by the time I got to hearing about this one, the subsequent TV show had already started down here, so I thought it would be set outside the normal continuity. In reality, it plays like an extended episode of the TV show (where the first movie had played more like a three-parter). And the scale wasn't upped one iota from the series.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:22 pm

Jonathan wrote:50 First Dates has got to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen... :cry:

Big Spoiler!!!

Hey I love Adam Sandler and all of his movies!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:13 am

I hate Adam Sandler films myself, barring Dates and Wedding Singer. Both of those were funny.

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE
This movie is so bad it's good. From Criswell's redundancies to the cigar-shaped flying saucers from up there that wobble a lot, there is nary a moment that you will be able to not watch. Besides, once you get over the fact that the grave has no dirt, Tor Johnson's rising from the dead is in fact one of the creepiest scenes on film. And the dead Clay (murdered, and somebody's responsible) does have some creepy presence. Oh, and the ending is actually kind of unsettling. I mean, the poor aliens...

CHEERLEADER GROOVE SQUAD
or Groove Squad Cheerleaders or whatever the NFBSK it's called down here. In this one, Love Hewitt voices Chrissy, one of three cheerleaders who gets zapped by some weird beam while getting their hair styled. After that, whenever they power up on fruit punch, they get superpowers (and new clothes) for a brief period of time. So they decide to save the world from (what else) a mad scientist. It helps that their hairdresser is actually a retired spy who, for some weird reason, maintains a Batcave under the salon, uses 60s slang and outfits their mascot's car as though he were Q. But wait! There's more! There's also a special maneuver that gets them out of a tight situation and later wins them a cheerleading contest and a foreigner who they say is an exchange student from Spain. A pretty lazy one at that.

MAGIC IN THE MIRROR: FOWL PLAY
For those that managed to get through the first MitM movie, the adventure's not over yet. In this one, Dragora takes Dabble and Swanson through a mirror in her quest for the ultimate tea party (six billion servings of people tea!). Of course, the Dennis family stand in their way. Unfortunately, though the direction is good, a large part of this movie lacks the imaginative sets that made the original so charming IMO. Most of the action takes place in the Dennis family house. I'm still trying to figure out why Mary-Margaret dropped the chef's bags.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:21 pm

Scooby-Doo (the one with Mr. and Mrs. Freddie Prinze Jr.)

I've been a fan of the Scooby-Doo shows. But the movie seems to be as if was written by a fanfiction writer. All of the fanon stuff is all here and accounted for (Shaggy as a stoner, Fred and Daphne as lovers [ok, they shared a kiss at the end], Velma being teased as a lesbian, and don't get me started on poor Scrappy-Doo; let's just say that this is character assassination at its worst). Did I mention that, with the exception of Shaggy and Velma, the portrayal of the characters sucked?

UPDATE:

And another thing:

THE GANG WAS NEVER CALLED MYSTERY INC. IN THE FIRST PLACE! THEY WERE JUST MEDDLING KIDS, WHO STUMBLE ON A CRIME, AND THEY SOLVE THEIR WAY OUT!

The screenwriter oughta be bitch-slapped countless times for revising the Scooby's history!
Last edited by DuoTheShinigami02 on Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:59 pm

DuoTheShinigami02 wrote:Scooby-Doo (the one with Mr. and Mrs. Freddie Prinze Jr.)

I've been a fan of the Scooby-Doo shows. But the movie seems to be as if was written by a fanfiction writer. All of the fanon stuff is all here and accounted for (Shaggy as a stoner, Fred and Daphne as lovers [ok, they shared a kiss at the end], Velma being teased as a lesbian, and don't get me started on poor Scrappy-Doo; let's just say that this is character assassination at its worst). Did I mention that, with the exception of Shaggy and Velma, the portrayal of the characters sucked?
It reminds me, I used to love Garfield when I was a kid. I was so pissed off to see that they ruined a classic animated character. I've never actually seen the movie, but it sure looks stupid judging by the previews.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:38 am

OK, several days ago I saw The Rage: Carrie 2.

[spoiler]
The plot is virtually identical to the first movie (and even takes a few things from the book).

We open with a bizarre scene in which our protagonist's mother paints a wall red, while praying that Satan doesn;t take her daughter. No, I have no clue why either. She's taken away soon afterwards, and our protagonist Rachel is sent to live with some adoptive parents.

It's now years later, and Rachel (now played by Emily Bergl) is an outcast whose friend Lisa (Mena Suvari) commits suicide by jumping when she finds out that her recent doing of It with footballer Eric (Zachary Ty Brian) is actually part of a game where he gets points for screwing girls.

Rachel is of course upset, and her anger causes all the lockers at the school to open and start banging. So, sooner or later, that means she must come to the attention of some authority figure--in this case, school counselor Sue Snell (Amy Irving), who's returned from the original.

So Sue tackles the problem at the source and discovers that Rachel is in fact Carrie White's half-sister (same father). The mere presence of Snell also cues flashbacks to the original film (one of the opening scene, one of the dream scene--now shown forwards instead of backwards--and the climactic sequence).

Aside from Sue, the original characters are pretty much there, only with different names, different interests and different actors. Eric is Billy Nolan (minus the desire to kill pigs), Tracy (Charlotte Ayanna) might as well be called Chris Hargensen, Rachel's boyfriend Jesse (Jason London) is a better-looking Tommy Nolan and Monica (Rachel Blanchard) might as well be called Sue Snell, but this time, she's in on it. The only character who is missing is the Frollo-esque pseudo-Christian Margaret White, who is replaced by a pair of selfish parents (who don't abuse Rachel as badly as Margaret did Carrie).

But, surprisingly, Rachel and Jesse are rather well developed characters--as opposed to the original, where Carrie was just tormented and Tommy's development was almost non-existent (that was actually King's fault though). In this one, we are allowed to believe that Jessie genuinely likes Rachel. This should make the ending sequence all the more frightening...

...except that come the ending and the obligatory bloodbath with lots of fire, we're really let down in the directing department. Anyone who's seen the original will remember the sudden usage of split-screen and a neat 360-degree camera pan at the movie's climax. Here, it's replaced by MTV-style editing and some of that effect where the scene distorts along the y axis. In a good movie, this will enhance the effect. In a bad movie, it looks like a student film effect. I was never a fan of the original Carrie, but it got far worse here.

And finally, there's the final dream. It's supposed to be a shock but it'll only shock those younger than 15 (as opposed to the original's corresponding sequence, where the shock made my mother jump with fright and then dig her nails into my father's arm). Ah well. The dream wasn't in the book anyway.[/spoiler]

PK Mod Edit: Next time you're going to go through and list the entire plot of a movie, use the spoiler tag. Not everyone has seen the movie, after all. I put them on for you this time.
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:43 pm

The entire movie of the English Patient. I thought that movie was so long and boring.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:01 am

The worst movie ever? Catwoman. Argue with me, and I eat your larnyx.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:05 pm

Well, the movie I am mentioning is not the worst movie, but I had to sit through this movies five times against my will. I had to see Remember the Titans 5 times against my will. Ugh. The first time was when I was forced to see Remember the Titans in theaters. It wasn't that bad the first time. The second time was when I was in school we had taken this four hour test, so guess what we did in the afternoon? We had to watch, on a huge screen in the auditorium on a giant projector, Remember the Titans. We spent practically the rest of the afternoon watching the whole movie. Ugh, the whole movie. That was like over two and half hours of sitting in a chair and watching the movie for a second time. I was in an uncomfortable chair and that movie was so painful to sit through. I was also wearing uncomfortable clothes as well. I sat in an uncomfortable chair wearing clothes that itched for two hours watching a boring movie for the second time. It was torture having to see that movie again. I love school a lot of the time. However, seeing that movie the second time was something I wish I could forget. Taking that four hour test was more fun. Then less then a week or so later my History class watched Remember the Titans. So this was the third time seeing it. However, it was less painful then that other day. The second time we had to sit through the entire thing in one sitting so I had to sit in an uncomfortable chair wearing uncomfortable clothes watching a boring movie the rest of the day. This time, however, I was lucky because we'd only watch as much as we could each day, which was considerably less painful. That summer I went to a day camp and guess what we spent over two and a half hours watching one day? We watched Remember the Titans. For the fourth time I had to see that movie against my will. Then I saw it a fifth time. Our family was taking a road trip on vacation and you don't even have to guess what movie was chosen to watch in the car. Yes, it was Remember the Titans. Seeing that obnoxious movie five times was so painful. Ack. For some reason I know somehow I'll end up being forced to see that movie for a sixth time. I wish I could forget the Titans, but because of my luck, it's impossible. My boyfriend thinks it's great and always jokes that he's going to get that movie for my birthday. If I have to see Remember the Titans for a sixth time I will faint.
Last edited by Sailor Moon on Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:08 pm

ADMIN MODE: Sailor Moon: PLEASE remember to check your repetition in your posts. You said about 3 or 4 times that you had to see the movie 5 times, against your will. Please be careful when you post.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~