The Apocalypse can't be far behind...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:54 am

Actually, I am too. I'm also rather surprised to see anything remotely anti-Christian in this thread aside from that in a general tongue-in-cheek tone (which I'm sure I posted in whenever I reviewed his tracts--they're not hard to mock).
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:22 pm

Okay, let's make two things clear.

1) I never said anyone was bashing anybody YET. I said that some of the comments were becoming BORDERLINE bashing, and to just be careful in your anger or irritation when speaking of things in this topic or the christian movie thread topic.

2) When I say "bashing", i'm referring to insulting terms, name-calling (such as idiot, moron, etc), using the christian religion as a whole to speak negatively, and acting as though people aren't entitled to their opinions. Again, this hasn't happened YET, but some of the comments here and in the other thread are becoming a bit too angry on some peoples' part, and I don't want it to turn INTO a bash-fest.

Does that help?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:02 am

First Bite

Looks like the ol' bugger is finally letting senility take over. For those with shit connections, here's the rundown:

A horror movie host is really a vampire (no wonder Vampira's been gone from the public eye for so long!). Despite being a vampire, she manages to somehow fall pregnant, and Satan foretells that her kid, Igor (I'm guessing that that's "EE-gor", not "EYE-gor") will lead them. Years later, Igor is finally ready for his first bite, and a girl named Faith (who is probably not surnamed "Lehane"). It turns out that Faith is the kind of Christian who gives out tracts at Halloween, and she's not scared at all by what turns out to be a rather dorky-looking vampire. Faith manages to convert Igor to Christianity, and Igor manages to lose his fangs. It turns out that Satan was actually a lying bastard.

I really wish I just made that up. But no. The comic is that weird. And Fang? Is right there in the first panel. I suppose, however, that the sheer amount of eye-rolling makes up for the lack of real Fangwatch fun, though.[/url]
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:09 pm

I was introduced to this guy when a gaming buddy of mine showed me the one that said playing D & D will turn me into a witch. :?

I view his work as just someone who is trying to push an agenda regardless, of how crazy it sound.

Unfortunately he and other like him are very vocal about there believes, and are not afraid to spout these belief regardless of who they may hurt in the process. So I agree that the best way to deal with these people is to ignore them, because all the attention just spurs them on.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Jamesares wrote:I was introduced to this guy when a gaming buddy of mine showed me the one that said playing D & D will turn me into a witch. :?

I view his work as just someone who is trying to push an agenda regardless, of how crazy it sound.

Unfortunately he and other like him are very vocal about there believes, and are not afraid to spout these belief regardless of who they may hurt in the process. So I agree that the best way to deal with these people is to ignore them, because all the attention just spurs them on.
D & D will turn me into a witch!!!!!

I knew there was a reason I always wanted to play that game
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain