Villains!

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Thu May 06, 2004 8:01 pm

I thought of two more: Slade from Teen Titans and...now...damnit, I just had it...*thinks real hard* err! brain go dumb! Verywell, we'll just go with Slade for now, mostly because he's really interesting and creepy. And he has robot ninja. I wish there were more episodes focusing around the relationship between him and Robin. I don't really root for him or anything, but I think he's a really awesome badguy. I wish I could remember the other one's name...AHAH! I remember! Malfoy from Harry Potter. He's so awesome, I like him a lot more than I like Harry, I think, mostly because Harry's...well...the hero. It's hard to explain, but Malfoy's just more appealing cuz he's sneaky and mean and more..."real" I guess, than Harry. I want him to punch Ron in the face. That'd be cool. (Keep in mind, I haven't read the 5th book yet, so if he *does* do that, then don't tell me, okay?) Go Malfoy! *waves pennant*
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Fri May 07, 2004 3:23 pm

That's rather amusing, because I seem to like the elder Malfoy more. I shall explain. Lucius Malfoy rocks. I love the sorta old Victorian noble look they gave him in the movie. The blond hair, the snake cane...It's all kickass. The chilling manner that Jason Isaacs speaks gives me the shivers, and is exactly how I imagined Lucius speaking...

My other favourite villian is played by the same actor, which I guess might have pursuaded my opinion. Captain Hook, from the new live action version of Peter Pan. The costuming, the hook, and again, Jason Isaacs is the perfect villian, cold and menacing. I love how when they're coming into the cave by boat and he looks up, and I swear, he looked pure evil. Another thing I love about Hook's character is how they add in the saddness when he realises that he's alone. Aww.
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

Artemis
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Artemis » Tue May 11, 2004 3:25 pm

crazydiamond wrote:He's so awesome, I like him a lot more than I like Harry, I think, mostly because Harry's...well...the hero. It's hard to explain, but Malfoy's just more appealing cuz he's sneaky and mean and more..."real" I guess, than Harry.
Lol. Even though I love the Harry Potter books, I really, REALLY hate Harry (just the character). He drives me completely insane.
For villains...I can honestly say (Just like Tiffu-chan) that I would have been completely fine with Galaxia kicking the senshi's asses and winning. She was a totally awesome villain!
I also liked that Hades dude from Hercules, because he was so funny. :-P
Even more than the spacious sky and the sea
My dreams have no limits
I have realized that because I am in love
~Tomizawa Michie, Eien no Melody

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Tue May 11, 2004 8:52 pm

I must say Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty (sp?). She was just so called, and her voice. o___o

And for anime..

Eugene Grant from the Big O

EDIT: Fixed spelling, thanks Tiff! ^^
Last edited by Umino on Wed May 12, 2004 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue May 11, 2004 9:35 pm

Umino wrote:I must say Malafasint (I know I spelled that wrong) from Sleeping Beauty (sp?). She was just so called, and her voice. o___o

And for anime..

Eugene Grant from the Big O
Maleficent. ^^ and yes, she kicked some major ass.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Tue May 18, 2004 1:49 pm

Ok, here are some of my favorite villains: 1:DOOMSDAY!! (from the Superman comics). 2: Darth Vader (Star Wars) 3: Khan Noonian Singh(Star Trek, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan) 4: Jessie and James of Team Rocket (Pokemon) 5: Lex Luthor. 6: The Joker. And last but not least 7: SINESTRO!!!
Last edited by Parallax on Wed May 19, 2004 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Tue May 18, 2004 2:09 pm

Definitely Maleficent. She was superbly evil and wondrous. Until she turned herself into a dragon. -_- She so could have killed the prince had she not done that.

The stepmother from Cinderella.
Daughter: Mother, do you realize what you just said?
Mother: Of course. I said IF!
That is the coolest line ever.

And lastly comes the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. I want to be her. "Off with her head! Off with his head! Off with your head!" She was so funny, and I just love her.[/quote]
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Choc
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Choc » Tue May 18, 2004 6:25 pm

The Joker was just plain awesome! I loved every episode of Batman that he was in, even the dumb Christmas special. Harley Quinn rocked, too, even though her voice annoyed the hell out of me. I haven't seen Cinderella in years, but the stepmother did kind of rock, and that line Parakiss posted was an example of her awesomeness.
While she may not classify as a villian, Alexandra from Josie and the Pussycats (a much better show than Scooby Doo, IMO) was AWESOME!! She was so bitchy to everyone, and her and the cat were the only characters who weren't either bland or a stereotype (Josie=Mary Sue, Allan=Bobby Sue, Valerie=genius, Alexander=scaredy cat,[although still much more awesome than Shaggy could ever be] and Melanie=dumb blonde). I loved it when she tried to make her moves on Allan. I wanted her to dump the banal Josie into a lake and take the equally banal but still hot Allan all to herself.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue May 18, 2004 6:43 pm

Choc wrote:The Joker was just plain awesome! I loved every episode of Batman that he was in, even the dumb Christmas special. Harley Quinn rocked, too, even though her voice annoyed the hell out of me.
If we're talking about Batman: the Animated Series, I loved Mr. Freeze. The 22-minute episode where Ferris Boyle termintes the cryo treatment of Dr. Victor Fries's wife, turning him into Mr. Freeze (what, evil people can't be doctors?) was better than the whole movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role. There's a great final monologue by Freeze in the asylum: talking to the snowglobe of his wife, he says, "I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it. I cannot. I can only beg your forgiveness, and pray you hear me somehow, someplace... someplace where a warm hand waits for mine." You have to feel sympathy for him, no matter how evil he was.
While she may not classify as a villian, Alexandra from Josie and the Pussycats (a much better show than Scooby Doo, IMO) was AWESOME!!
Alexandra was cool when she was a witch, but when they went into space and she lost her powers (did they ever explain that?), she lost all her appeal. Of course, with rare exceptions (the Charmed ones come to mind), all fictional witches are cool.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue May 18, 2004 6:53 pm

Parakiss_Groupie
And lastly comes the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. I want to be her. "Off with her head! Off with his head! Off with your head!" She was so funny, and I just love her
-_- as a big Alice in Wonderland fan, I couldn't stand the Queen in the Disney version. She looked completely different (she looked so butch as apposed the original) and her voice just didn't suit her, but oh well.

Now, if anyone's played American McGee's Alice, the Jabberwock is one of the scariest things ever. I didn't like how he looked in the game, but the voice! Holy Fudge monkeys, scared me so bad, add on the scary setting and you've got instant chills.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Tue May 18, 2004 9:42 pm

I was rewatching Treasure Planet. Silver was actually one of those villians that I like. He's definately got his own agenda and all, but at the same time, he definately shows a very human side.

Mr. Freeze, I always loved his episodes. His wife freezing just made him go nuts. There was also the Mad Hatter episodes. There's a man who had serious issues. Mind control and creates a "wonderland" for his Alice. Poison Ivy was just.....man, she was obsessed with her plants. Even makes people out of them once. Batman had some way out strange villians, but you had to love them.

Xanatos on Gargoyles. He actually was pretty interesting to watch. His plans got foiled, but he had such style. Fox was just as devious too. I don't know...I think it was just the way they did things and never really seemed too upset if things went wrong. Like it was just a game to them.

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Wed May 19, 2004 11:05 am

Xanatos on Gargoyles. He actually was pretty interesting to watch. His plans got foiled, but he had such style. Fox was just as devious too. I don't know...I think it was just the way they did things and never really seemed too upset if things went wrong. Like it was just a game to them.
Absolutely. I can't believe I didn't mention them earlier. Demona's up there, too. She's just awesomely bad, you know? I like her more than Goliath, I think, because Goliath is so righteous, while Demona just wants power. Puck, too, tho I don't think he really counts as a badguy. He's just so entertaining.
Also, Harley Quinn and the Joker are probably the only two Batman villians I can stand. I loved Harley in the Batman-Superman movie, when she got in a fight with the limo-drivin' chick. *That* was funny.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed May 19, 2004 11:15 am

peachvampiress wrote:Parakiss_Groupie
And lastly comes the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. I want to be her. "Off with her head! Off with his head! Off with your head!" She was so funny, and I just love her
-_- as a big Alice in Wonderland fan, I couldn't stand the Queen in the Disney version. She looked completely different (she looked so butch as apposed the original) and her voice just didn't suit her, but oh well.
I was referring to the book. I enjoyed her in the movie, but I think that everything in the book is superior.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed May 19, 2004 2:07 pm

Sorry Parakiss, for some reason I thought you were referring to the movie @[email protected] Yes, the book is superior to the movie, any movie in fact (I've noticed that a lot of the Alice movies make her way to old. I even saw a play where the actress for Alice was about thirty five years old :shock: )
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:00 pm

Another villain I forgot to mention is Evil Star. (Green Lantern) Almost forgot the Weaponers from the Anti-Matter Universe of Qward.
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Favorite Villains

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:21 pm

I searched to see if this topic has been done but it hasn't.

Who are your favorite villains, from books, movies, TV etc.? Mine are:

Bill, Kill Bill -I dunno why, but I love [spoiler] This cool superhero speech he does near the end of Volume 2[/spoiler] I also like the actor who plays him David Carradine, IMO did a good job on this role.

Elle, Kill Bill-I love her eyepatch and my favorite scenes involving her is in Volume 1 [spoiler] She's whistling to go to The Bride's hospital room and she is about to inject her and I love the conversation between her and Bill[/spoiler] and in Volume 2 [spoiler] When she fights with The Bride in the trailer and then they have this brief staring contest[/spoiler]

Sylar, Heroes-I love his character, and how he became to be the villain that he is.

There's probably more I like but I can't think up right now. [/b]
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm no Star Wars geek, but I'd say Darth Vader is one of my favorite villians. He scared me when I was little and I still find him intimidating today. And he could be quite scary with his breathing, his deep voice, and his chocking technique. (Though I pretend the prequels don't exist :evil: )

Maleficant from Sleeping Beauty. I was so scared of her when I was little, so much that I would not watch certain scenes of the movie. Even today she can still send chills down my spine. She was truly just pure evil and very creepy. Ugh I still hate the fire place scene. :?
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 pm

ADMIN MODE:

We do, in fact, have a villains topic.

Topic merged.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:42 am

Alister from the Soap Oprah passions

Meier Link from Vampire D: Blood Lust he just wanted his woman who he loved so much, and he had four crazy ass bounty hunters on his hands chasing him down as well as D. Every step of the way was grueling for him.

Jaffar from Alidan, he was just such a cool villain and even though I love Allidan, her is a perfect golden boy.

Side Show Bob from the Simpson's. Man I love Side Show Bob, he was just deliciously evil and entertaining. I wish he could have gotten Bart eventually.

The Misfits from Jem they where the bad girls that just couldn't leave jem and her band members alone, and did every thing short of murder to upstage them. But Jem was such a goodie good and just once I would have liked to see the Misfits upstage Jem.

Aries from Xena Warrior Princess he was just too awesome for words and he played minds games with Xena and put her through hell, and they had sizzling chemistry. But Xenaould always come up on top and kick his ass. EVERY TIME! I mean I know Xena was powerful and a great warrior but come on Aries was the God of War!! And he was getting his sexy little ass handed to him all the time by Xena. Just one fight or two I would like to see Aries wipe the floor with Xena.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:29 am

Passions55 wrote:Alister from the Soap Oprah passions
Off-topic... 'cause I find this somewhat funny.

I think you meant "Opera". Or has Oprah expanded her empire with her own soap opera? (Now that I think of it... I'm surprised she hasn't already.)
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.