Stupid Commercials

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Specter
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Specter » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:43 pm

I hate the Quizno's commecials, the one with those spongemonkeys things.

I ALSO HATE THOSE COMMERCIALS FOR NOW 102034980329480238093280909832/KIDZ BOP/WHATEVER...in the first case, it's crappy pop music, and in the second case it's crappy pop music not even being sung by the original person. Nobody in their right mind would buy it.

I also hate those truth.com commercials. I mean, I can't handle smoke, but it's the person's right to choose to smoke or not to smoke. Also, I generally hate anti-drug commercials. The only one that I enjoyed was the drive-through stoners one.
He's got to make his own mistakes
and learn to mend the mess he makes
He's old enough to know what's right
and young enough not to choose it
He's noble enough to win the world
but weak enough to lose it - Rush - "New World Man"

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:48 pm

The anti-drug ones take second place to me (whereas the Quiznos one already mentioned is first, which I swear is almost pro-drug in effect o.o;; ). The things they come up with in those is just plain retarted. The first one I saw was the one of the little girl about to go in a deep pool all by herself, just silence as she prepares to go in, then all of a sudden you hear the voice say, "Just tell your parent's you weren't watching her because you were getting stoned, they'll understand." I laughed so hard at that commerical, got a good kick on how the line was delivered and the sheer stupidity of it.

Edit a couple minutes later
Specter wrote:The only one that I enjoyed was the drive-through stoners one.
Heh, I forgot all about that one, that was classic. I really loved how Dave Chappele made fun of that commerical. "If you're a girl under the age of 12 and high on marjuana, don't ride your bike." God I DIED when they gave that line. I agree with you on the anti-smoke commericals, though who here didn't get a good laugh at thuth's Shards O Glass commerical? That was pure genius. If it wasn't created by truth, I would so get one of those shirts.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:41 pm

Oh god... the Fruit Loops and Trix commercials...

What the hell is the rabbit going to do huh? and Fruit loops... annoying and the new one... Yes the Hentai comparison is good, it does look like hentai. *shudder*

and the Enzyte commercials are horrid. "Smilin' Bob!" Horny guy with rectile disfuction.

Also... many of the commercials on Kids WB... and the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays commercials, and the new things on it. it's just retarted.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:14 pm

I've remembered another one, but I'm not sure this counts, but I hate it when someone runs for mayor or some kind of policitcal office around here and they have commercials that completely bash the other candidate, and then the other candidate will have a commercial that completely bashes the other guy right after the first one. I'm like, what's the point?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:23 pm

I have to agree on those damn Enzyte commercials… especially the one with the Japanese business men. "They sent the big one!" …Gah! The horror!

I also hate the commercials for most horror movies. There I am, peacefully sitting on the couch with the lights off and suddenly there's a scream and a series of seizure causing flashes. Once it's over I'm blinded and extremely pissed. >_<*
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:42 pm

MarioKnight wrote:The anti-drug ones take second place to me (whereas the Quiznos one already mentioned is first, which I swear is almost pro-drug in effect o.o;; ). The things they come up with in those is just plain retarted. The first one I saw was the one of the little girl about to go in a deep pool all by herself, just silence as she prepares to go in, then all of a sudden you hear the voice say, "Just tell your parent's you weren't watching her because you were getting stoned, they'll understand." I laughed so hard at that commerical, got a good kick on how the line was delivered and the sheer stupidity of it.
I disagree. Highly. I think that commercial is wonderful. How effective is it? Who knows. Probably not much. But I can relate. My brother had a severe drug problem in high school, to the point where we had to send him to military school..so when I know people or see people who use drugs, it enrages me. Our familywas in emotional hell during that time, so those commercials touch me in a certain way.

Also, I work with kids. I have SEEN some of the parents and siblings who would actually DO this sort of thing while watching a child. It's a real problem, and it deserves attention. I have to see and deal with these poor babies every day, neglected becuase of idiots who would rather smoke pot or do crack rather than take care of their child.

Sorry to step on my soapbox, but it's something i'm very, very touchy about.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:56 pm

Um...too lighten the mood :o, there is this one commercial that shows in Hawaii for calling 911 immediately so the victim will get more chances of survival. I'm not sure if it shows elsewhere in the US. Here's how it goes in the first part:

Old Lady on the ground: Help...I've fallen and I can't get up.

:lol: She says the line so slowly and dull, it's like she's half asleep! It was so funny! That's the only funny part though. :lol:

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:23 am

About the drug commercials

I hate those ones that are like "buying drugs funds terrorism". Well, so maybe they do. I dunno. But so does buying gas and paying income taxes.

They make marijuana out to be the worst drug when really it's not even half as harmful as cigerattes and they're legal.
(Voice done by Masako Nozawa)

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:29 pm

Where and when did you people ever see commercials for the Sailor Senshi dolls? I only saw one once, and there was nothing even worth mentioning about it. And it wasn't the same one ya'll are describing. In fact, I hadn't even known the Sailor Senshi dolls existed until my mom gave me one for Christmas a few years ago, and that one came from Wal-Mart.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:36 pm

You can find one of the Sailor Senshi doll commericals over at http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/ . Go to downloads and then Sailor Moon and it's somewhere in that big list of videos.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:38 pm

Arigato. The only one I had seen on TV showed what they looked like and that they were on sale everywhere, just before Wal-Mart stopped carrying them and then they stopped selling them altogether. And the only store in my area that was carrying them still that I knew of just recently went out of business for some reason unknown to me.

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:11 pm

This one commericial that absolutely disgusts me is this one advertising breath mints (I cannot for the life of me, remember what they're called. I'll come back and edit this if the name comes back to me or if I see the commercal again). This guy was sitting on the couch with his girlfriend's dog, waiting for his girlfriend. He puts a breath mint in his mouth and he breathes at the dog. The dog then jumped on him and the dog started making out with him. The girlfriend then walks into the room with a disgusted look on her face. I just think it's really, really nasty.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:34 pm

That was for some new type of Mentos. I thought that one was just plain wrong.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:24 pm

RoastedTwinkies wrote:This one commericial that absolutely disgusts me is this one advertising breath mints (I cannot for the life of me, remember what they're called. I'll come back and edit this if the name comes back to me or if I see the commercal again). This guy was sitting on the couch with his girlfriend's dog, waiting for his girlfriend. He puts a breath mint in his mouth and he breathes at the dog. The dog then jumped on him and the dog started making out with him. The girlfriend then walks into the room with a disgusted look on her face. I just think it's really, really nasty.
God, I hate that commercial, too. It's just disgusting. *shiver*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:41 pm

Does anybody remember that other Quiznos commercial from not too long ago, with the guy trying to suckle from the wolf?

How in the ****ing hell is THAT supposed to make me want to eat subs?! It's just too freaking stupid, and very disgusting, IMHO.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Specter
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Specter » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:10 am

That Quizno's commercial with the wolfpack wasn't really disgusting, it was just ineffective.

I just downloaded the Sailor Moon Irwin doll commercial, and earlier I said I never saw it, well, why does the girl acting out Sailor Jupiter look familiar to me? Well, I may have saw it once, and flushed it out of the back of my mind. An embarrassment to the franchise, I would say.

EDIT: Damn you, MonkeyDLuffy...I was going to make an edit noticing doll-Mercury's big blue afro, but you beat me to it. congrats.
Last edited by Specter on Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:12 am

*Shivers at the memory of the SM commercial*

"I bet Jupiter's at the mall with a BOOO-OOOOY"

*pukes*

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:43 am

Tiff wrote:*Shivers at the memory of the SM commercial*

"I bet Jupiter's at the mall with a BOOO-OOOOY"

*pukes*
If I was one of those girls, I would hate the blonde one. She got both Moon AND Venus. I'd beat her up with my Mercury doll with Frow Fighting Action and steal them both. Mwahahaha, so evil. And is it me, or does the Jupiter doll have longer hair than the others sold? The ones I have seen seem to have a shorter ponytail O_o And I'm done being OT ^^;
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

Specter
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Specter » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:35 am

I hate to make another post so soon on this topic, but is anyone else here annoyed by that stupid overplayed commercial where this dude is sitting at his computer at night talking to his girlfriend with such profound statements such as: "i luv u more" "no, i luv you more", so on, and so on, and the dude lying on the bunk bed grabs a baseball bat and smashes the dude's computer in. Obviously he's not fazed by losing his (probably most prized) possession, as he then picks up his cellphone and continues the conversation.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:44 am

Specter wrote:I hate to make another post so soon on this topic, but is anyone else here annoyed by that stupid overplayed commercial where this dude is sitting at his computer at night talking to his girlfriend with such profound statements such as: "i luv u more" "no, i luv you more", so on, and so on, and the dude lying on the bunk bed grabs a baseball bat and smashes the dude's computer in. Obviously he's not fazed by losing his (probably most prized) possession, as he then picks up his cellphone and continues the conversation.
I HATE that commercial. I think the reason I hate it the most is becuase I cannot stand the loud-ass smashing noise when he hits the monitor. It makes me cover my ears x_x

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama