Neopets!

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

User avatar
Yayamaya
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:06 am

Post by Yayamaya » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:18 pm

I do my many accots are

Black_fire51999(main)
Darth_Yayamaya
DarthYayamaya(I reserve all fourms of that name besides Yayamaya because it was taken)
SailorMustafar
glitz44444(My oldest accont still in exsistance)

I have an adiction,I would go into McDonalds and get _just_ the pushies nothing elce

User avatar
*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:50 pm
Location: Florida

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:46 pm

Hello! I'm a member of Neopets. My username on there is princess_chibiusagi.

User avatar
artemis_is_my_dawg
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: America

Post by artemis_is_my_dawg » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:46 pm

i have been on and off neopets for three years now. its gotten really ridiculous, but my accounts are:
dragon_lady_now
red_silkxoxo
theivorydream

i just like neopets for the guilds, and i love making graphics and role-playing. so yeah....

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:24 pm

i dont know if anyone here is doing the defenders of neopia on neopets or not but I figured Id post this anyway.

If your like me and stuck on mission three because you cant get meuka as a battledome challenger this is what your up against.

I have been failing to get meuka for a little over a month now and just out of sheer boredom I got a math expert friend to calculate the odds of getting Meuka each time you spin the wheel of misfortune (the wheel of excitment isnt going to give you meuka this month so that didnt enter into it.)

Assuming you have an equal chance of landing on any of the 8 squares including the random illness square each time you spin the wheel of misfortune, and that out of 35 illnesses only 2 will give you meuka, according to my friend each time you spin that wheel you have a 1 in 140 chance of getting meuka which is about 0.7% chance out of 100.

With odds like this its no wonder people try for years to get meuka and not get him. Personally I think this is really insane and the NPT needs to fix this or at least provide a more reliable alternate method.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
tangledupxinplaid
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:20 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by tangledupxinplaid » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:21 pm

My username is zeldascousin.

Feel free to add me to your buddy list, but be forewarned, I NEVER go on anymore.

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:03 pm

took me a while to find this thread. I didnt want to start a new one.

Anyway what do people on here think of the major change in neopets layout and the customize pets thing.

I would have really been angry if they had forced my princess aisha to look like the new style. Im glad they gave me the choice to leave her in her old appearance. The new female royal aisha look is kinda dumb looking while the old one is really pretty.

As for the layout change I have a few problems with it (like you cant go to your quick ref page in a single click anymore) but its not too bad for the most part.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:36 pm

I hadnt logged on in awhile to play or explore, but I keep up with it to put my Lupe in hotel *I spoile her lol* Its like I read before from NamegoesHere it was fun at first then I got bored cant really find any of the rare objects I had spent nights searching for and im only good at a few games and the others either the music drives me nuts or I have no patience for playing them long term. And I had been trying to train my neopet for battle and that failed so basically its an every once in awhile thing for me now. I thought about taking up the quest stuff again I always did like treasure hunts.

My neopets id senshi_of_vision
an my neopet is Makoto316

after reading this I may go on and play ^ _^
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."




*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:14 am

what are some of the rare items your looking for?

Maybe I can help?
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
Kohdok
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:21 am
Location: Complete and utter shiawase

Post by Kohdok » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:51 pm

I haven't been on for a while, either. I only have one account, obviously named "Kohdok".

I heart Aishas. I have all of the Macdonald's Aisha plushes in my possession.

User avatar
Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:12 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:what are some of the rare items your looking for?

Maybe I can help?
Thank you im drawing a blank right now but im going to log on and see what I had in mind for my pet again and if you can help it would be much appreciated. I liked exploring and going on quests and on nights I cant sleep it would be fun to play again.

I know this will make me seem dumb, but Ive never understood the brain trees quests, I have no clue on where to find out about the info he requests. I dont want a direct answer but if any of you can leave a hint on where I could look for this it would be appreciated to.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."




*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:12 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:
Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:what are some of the rare items your looking for?

Maybe I can help?
Thank you im drawing a blank right now but im going to log on and see what I had in mind for my pet again and if you can help it would be much appreciated. I liked exploring and going on quests and on nights I cant sleep it would be fun to play again.

I know this will make me seem dumb, but Ive never understood the brain trees quests, I have no clue on where to find out about the info he requests. I dont want a direct answer but if any of you can leave a hint on where I could look for this it would be appreciated to.
the brain tree quests are rarely worth the effort. The only reason I did one was to get him as a battledome challenger.

anyway in order to complete a brain tree quest you have to first activate the quest by going to the brain tree, and then you have to do 2 esophagor quests to get the two answers. thats where it becomes not worth it because usually the esophagor askes for insane stuff
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:07 pm
Location: The Guard Room
Contact:

Post by the*blue*girl » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:58 pm

i had an account that i made years ago. i lied about my age, so now i can't remember what age i put, and since you have to sign in with your birthday i can't sign on anymore. so i made a new account, and i still haven't gotten my activation email yet :(

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.



User avatar
Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:23 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote: the brain tree quests are rarely worth the effort. The only reason I did one was to get him as a battledome challenger.

anyway in order to complete a brain tree quest you have to first activate the quest by going to the brain tree, and then you have to do 2 esophagor quests to get the two answers. thats where it becomes not worth it because usually the esophagor askes for insane stuff
Thanks for that Im not going to waste time with him then, my friend who got me onto Neopets kept talking about how great his quest was, then again she dont play much anymore either so that should have told me something lol. I think one of the objects I was looking for was a book that helped with neopets knowledge but I think I may just go and train her on the island and boost her up that way. I can never get on a decent times to buy books anymore and I hate wading threw a bunch of different stores trying to find things i may want.

The new layout is alright but I had gotten used to the old style and now ive got to get used to this one my Lupe looks abit weirder to but I like how her eyes look so im not complaining.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."




*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:14 am

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:
Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote: the brain tree quests are rarely worth the effort. The only reason I did one was to get him as a battledome challenger.

anyway in order to complete a brain tree quest you have to first activate the quest by going to the brain tree, and then you have to do 2 esophagor quests to get the two answers. thats where it becomes not worth it because usually the esophagor askes for insane stuff
Thanks for that Im not going to waste time with him then, my friend who got me onto Neopets kept talking about how great his quest was, then again she dont play much anymore either so that should have told me something lol. I think one of the objects I was looking for was a book that helped with neopets knowledge but I think I may just go and train her on the island and boost her up that way. I can never get on a decent times to buy books anymore and I hate wading threw a bunch of different stores trying to find things i may want.

The new layout is alright but I had gotten used to the old style and now ive got to get used to this one my Lupe looks abit weirder to but I like how her eyes look so im not complaining.
all the books improve your pets knowledge as long as the pet is willing to read them.

You also cant train knowledge at the training arenas, you can only train strength, defense, level, endurance, and speed (speed is worthless unless you use a stealing item which isnt really worth the effort)

My guild is based on reading and stuff so if you want to check it out it might help you with that.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:29 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote: My guild is based on reading and stuff so if you want to check it out it might help you with that.
Sounds like a plan I always wondered what the guilds were about and reading happens to be one of the things I try to keep my pet doing lol a book worm just like me. So I will definately check it out.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."




*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue May 01, 2007 1:25 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:
Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote: My guild is based on reading and stuff so if you want to check it out it might help you with that.
Sounds like a plan I always wondered what the guilds were about and reading happens to be one of the things I try to keep my pet doing lol a book worm just like me. So I will definately check it out.
guess it would help if I told you the guild name wouldnt it.

Its Guild of Booklovers
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue May 01, 2007 7:52 pm

^_^ cool im going to check it out tonight didnt get to last night got pulled into a writting project. Im going to check it out before my partner comes on and wants to brain storm all night again.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."




*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed May 02, 2007 11:52 am

cool

also in case you didnt know if your pet every says "That is such a boring book" all you gotta do is change the language to japanese or something else like that and tell it to read the book again. It should work that time
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:13 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed May 02, 2007 8:50 pm

thanks I joined and ooh thanks for that tip cause I want to have her read the more technical books but she tends to frown at them. hehe now I can get those calculus books hehe
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."




*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu May 03, 2007 11:47 am

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:thanks I joined and ooh thanks for that tip cause I want to have her read the more technical books but she tends to frown at them. hehe now I can get those calculus books hehe
the reason your pet wont read the book has to do with the number of characters in the name of the book including spaces.

Its some math equation with the title of the book and the name of your pet. my pet wont read books with 16 characters in the title.

Changing the language also changes the amount of characters in the books title which is why the trick works.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Locked