Full House is on Nick at Night...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Full House is on Nick at Night...

Post by Starscream » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:41 pm

For those of you who don't know, Nick at Night is famous for showcasing old sitcoms like "The Mary Tyler Moore Show", "Taxi", "Happy Days", and "Mr. Ed". Imagine my surprise when Jen turns the channel, and we are greeted by Danny Tanner and Joey doing a Three Stooges routine...what? "Full House" is already considered "old"? I remember watching this show as a wee lad, having the hots for first DJ and then Stephanie...now the Michelle Twins are almost adults, and this show is considered a "classic" by Nickelodeon.

If you need me, I'll be out getting fitted for a cane :(
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:50 pm

I know how you feel. I grew up watching Full House and it was one of my favorite sitcoms. That was back when I used to watch sitcoms but now a days I find few of them that I like. Isn't Full House still being aired on TBS? Correct me if I'm wrong, though. I was also surprised that Bill Cosby was on Nick at Nite and Sabrina the Teenage Witch, too.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:09 pm

I and everyone else I know that used to watch Full House feel the same way. Nick at Night used to be the channel you would turn on to watch I Dream of Jeanne and Bewitched marathons. You know, the "Black and white shows." Now I feel like I need to start thinking about retirement and I'm only 19! Heehee...
Cardcaptor Takato wrote: I was also surprised that Bill Cosby was on Nick at Nite and Sabrina the Teenage Witch, too.
Actually, Sabrina is being shown during the time slots that are still part of Nickolodean. Nick at Night doesn't start until 9 EST Mon-Thrus.
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:24 pm

@[email protected]; Wow. I"m only 21, damn it. I'M NOT OLD.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:12 am

They also aired at one point Perfect Strangers, ALSO not an old show (1986). What's next, Fraiser (they already have Cheers..)? =D

I should also pont that [email protected] is no longer the channel of classic comedy shows...but of "modern TV hits", as advertised in commercials.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:27 am

What I don't understand is how the Olsen Twins got older than me. I'm 16 and I remember watching the earliest episodes of that show. They only started appearing in that show at about nine months old.
Of course, the memory of my life before age 7 is pretty much a blur, and even after that it's kind of sketchy when it comes to timelines. Perhaps I'm delusional… @[email protected]

Roseanne also comes on Nick @ Night. Another show that I wouldn't expect to see there…
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:41 am

NameGoesHere wrote:What I don't understand is how the Olsen Twins got older than me. I'm 16 and I remember watching the earliest episodes of that show. They only started appearing in that show at about nine months old.
Hun, you probably saw RERUNS of them when they were that small.
They also aired at one point Perfect Strangers, ALSO not an old show (1986). What's next, Fraiser (they already have Cheers..)? =D
Gads, I remember that show. Balky (sp?) made me laugh.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:42 pm

Roseanne comes on the Oxygen Network at 5:00 pm CST also.

And I remember seeing Full House when it was still on the ABC Network (it was ABC, wasn't it?) Then it was on TBS, but no longer airs there.

If you still want to see the other shows that used to air on Nick-At-Nite, they now air on TV Land.

Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor X » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:53 am

NameGoesHere wrote:Roseanne also comes on Nick @ Night. Another show that I wouldn't expect to see there…
Thank God. *bows to his Darlene Conner (played by Sara Gilbert) shrine* Heh, I don't have to feel old. Roseanne came on only half a year before I was born. *Laughs like dub Mistress Nine*
That avatar is a self portrait. Really. Really. No matter how much it looks like D'Angelo, that's me. .... Oh, just shut up.

"Man, I am like obsessed with this show...could anyone have made a worse tv program if they set out to? The best part is, it was my grandma's FAVORITE show. We put her in a home shortly after she made that comment."
Jump the Shark comment on "Small Wonder"

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:30 pm

*sees Sailor X's tagline* :o Great Guardians!!! That's from "Excel Saga" !!!!!! *is laughing myself sick* :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:32 pm

I wish Nick at Nite would show the 1967 series "The Green Hornet". It was one of my favorites growing up as a kid. :oops:

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:40 pm

Didn't the guy who starred in that also guest star in a couple of episodes of Batman as The Green Hornet? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:03 pm

jupiter23 wrote:Didn't the guy who starred in that also guest star in a couple of episodes of Batman as The Green Hornet? Or am I thinking of someone else?

You're absolutely right! The Green Hornet DID make a guest appearance in the old "Batman" series. If memory serves, the guest villain was played by the late Roger C. Caramel who played Harcourt Fenton Mudd in a couple of "Star Trek" episodes. "Mudd's Women" and "I, Mudd".

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:30 pm

I could have sworn The Green Hornet was in two episodes. Only the other one, he was only in it for a few minutes. And Bruce Lee was his sidekick in both of them.

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:41 pm

jupiter23 wrote:I could have sworn The Green Hornet was in two episodes. Only the other one, he was only in it for a few minutes. And Bruce Lee was his sidekick in both of them.
Again, you're right! :) Technically speaking, the episode was a two-parter like most of the "Batman" TV episodes.

Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Re: Full House is on Nick at Night...

Post by Miyamoto » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:42 am

Starscream wrote:... I remember watching this show as a wee lad, having the hots for first DJ and then Stephanie...now the Michelle Twins are almost adults, and this show is considered a "classic" by Nickelodeon.
Yeah David me too... Though DJ (Candace Cameron) as far as I know hasn't been acting in anything I watch. Same with Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie). It seems that the Olsen twins (or as you put it the "Michelle Twins lol) are taking over. heh. Did anyone here (males) have the hots for Kimmy, DJ's friend? lol I sorta did but not as much as for DJ or Steph. She was soo funny. She, though I dunno really why atm, reminds me of Minako now that I think of her...
Parallax wrote:
jupiter23 wrote:I could have sworn The Green Hornet was in two episodes. Only the other one, he was only in it for a few minutes. And Bruce Lee was his sidekick in both of them.
Again, you're right! :) Technically speaking, the episode was a two-parter like most of the "Batman" TV episodes.
Kinda off topic doncha think? :p Maybe this thread's title should be changed to "Classic shows on Nick-at-Nite/TVLand" or something.
Supah Mario ownz j00 f00!!

http://we.is-a-geek.org/~ShiggyMiyamoto ... maller.jpg

If you''d like to send me a message please use [email protected]. Thnx.

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<aznwaterboy> how did xbox kill a cat
<SMiyamoto> LOL
<Raxc> XBox fell on the cat''s back.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:55 am

Miyamoto wrote:Did anyone here (males) have the hots for Kimmy, DJ's friend? lol I sorta did but not as much as for DJ or Steph. She was soo funny. She, though I dunno really why atm, reminds me of Minako now that I think of her...
Not for Kimmy, but I did for DJ at first, then later on for Stephanie. Then they dropped off the face of the earth, and I forgot all about them :P
- David Graña

My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."

Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Miyamoto » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:08 am

Starscream wrote:
Miyamoto wrote:Did anyone here (males) have the hots for Kimmy, DJ's friend? lol I sorta did but not as much as for DJ or Steph. She was soo funny. She, though I dunno really why atm, reminds me of Minako now that I think of her...
Not for Kimmy, but I did for DJ at first, then later on for Stephanie. Then they dropped off the face of the earth, and I forgot all about them :P
Yeah you said that :p Who's hotter? DJ or Steph? My vote goes to Steph.
Supah Mario ownz j00 f00!!

http://we.is-a-geek.org/~ShiggyMiyamoto ... maller.jpg

If you''d like to send me a message please use [email protected]. Thnx.

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<aznwaterboy> how did xbox kill a cat
<SMiyamoto> LOL
<Raxc> XBox fell on the cat''s back.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:28 am

Tough call. I haven't seen the show in a while, and the only ones I can remember are when Stephanie was a lot younger. I'd need to go over some of the later episodes to give you a proper opinion.
- David Graña

My Livejournal.

Sailor Moon
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor Moon » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:26 am

I had to bring this topic back. I remembered how much I loved Full House. It was such a sweet show. It was great. I watched it so much as a kid. I remember I had a huge crush on Uncle Jesse. Jesse was very good looking in the later seasons after one of the haircuts. He has to have been one of the best looking T.V. uncles ever. Ahh... memories. This is an example of quality T.V. I watched this growing up. When I was a kid it helped me grow up. It's a feel-good show with good messages and wonderful characters. Full house rocks.
Usagi and Mamoru are my favorite couple ever. Usagi and Mamoru forever!