Who would win in a fight?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Who would win in a fight?

Post by Parallax » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:41 pm

Team Rocket, or The Justice League? Discuss please. :)
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:39 pm

Which part of Team Rocket are you refferring to? Jessie and James or Butch and Cassidy? I think Butch and Cassidy might actually stand a chance since they're half-decent Pokemon trainers, but Jessie and James woudn't have a chance in a million years. Actually, I would be rooting for Jessie and James because they deserve to win at least once.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:30 pm

Parallax, this isn't even a contest. Superman ALONE could take TR, and depending on which JL we're talking about here, so could the Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (except maybe for Kyle :P ), Flash, etc....

Super Powers > Pokémon, sorry ^^;;
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:51 pm

Well, realistically I'd have to agree with Starscream. *waterfall of sweat begins to pour down behind her head*

On the other hand, I would also join the sidelines with Takato. For me, it's partly luck, and partly the fact that they don't exactly have a wide variety in Pokemon other than Poison types.

In other words, I'm a little stuck between the two choices. :P (And to talk more about the Justice League, who's Kyle?)
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:31 am

Maybe Team Rocket could use poison sting to poison the Justice League's lemonade?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:02 pm

DistantMemory wrote:Well, realistically I'd have to agree with Starscream. *waterfall of sweat begins to pour down behind her head*

On the other hand, I would also join the sidelines with Takato. For me, it's partly luck, and partly the fact that they don't exactly have a wide variety in Pokemon other than Poison types.

In other words, I'm a little stuck between the two choices. :P (And to talk more about the Justice League, who's Kyle?)
In the comics, Kyle Rayner is the current Green Lantern, but in the series "Justice League", the Green Lantern for the team is John Stewart. :wink:

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:28 pm

Parallax wrote:In the comics, Kyle Rayner is the current Green Lantern, but in the series "Justice League", the Green Lantern for the team is John Stewart. ;)
Well, no wonder Kyle sounded familiar. (I watch the cartoon once in a while, and while I have no knowledge of the superheroes' civilized alter egos... the Green Lantern always struck as a bit of a Kyle. ^^;

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:15 pm

Maybe Team Rocket could use poison sting to poison the Justice League's lemonade?
*Totally chokes on a carrot* lmfao. hehe. I nearly died when I read that. *sigh* hilarious.
As to the topic at hand...Maybe if Team Rocket took the Justice League on one by one? *shrugs* I don't really know, since I haven't watched very many episodes of either one. *continues munching her carrot sticks*
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:22 am

Justice League. Though the Rocket-Dan would take a LOT of abuse prior to giving up. They're the Wile E. Coyote(s) of anime.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:45 pm

I say Justice League, because they are cooler.

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:24 am

Taking into consideration who makes up the Justice League and then who makes up Team Rocket......the outcome is just sad.

By my calculations: Team Rocket would be "blasting off again" about 3 minutes into the fight. if that long. I mean, think about who is on the Justice League. Not many would stand a chance. You'd have better luck challenging Sakura from CCS. At least she has plenty of tactics to use.

I really feel for Team Rocket. It's just like Neo Dead Moon said.
They're the Wile E. Coyote(s) of anime.

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:22 pm

In other words, The Justice League would OWN Team Rocket. :wink:

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:57 pm

I dunno. Are we talking Jesse, James, and Meowth here or the organization as a whole? I mean, they do have some competent members, don't they?

And I think they could beat Flash. Flash is pretty lame in battle...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:12 pm

Dinozore wrote:I dunno. Are we talking Jesse, James, and Meowth here or the organization as a whole? I mean, they do have some competent members, don't they?

And I think they could beat Flash. Flash is pretty lame in battle...

We're talking the organization, but mostly about Jessie, James and Meowth. :lol: As to Flash being lame in battle, I seriously doubt it.

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:58 pm

*is picturing Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl making Jessie their footstool* :twisted: *imagines James getting smacked around by The Batman, The Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, and The Martian Manhunter* :twisted: Bwahahahahaahhahahhahahhahahhahaha!! :D *envisions Giovanni getting the smackdown laid on him by Superman* :twisted:

It'll be a massacre!!!!!

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:34 pm

*cough* At least J&J suffer a more pleasant fate as compared to Giovanni. ^^; I sure wouldn't want to get Superman upset...

"I love you."
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat May 01, 2004 8:05 am

Parallax wrote:*is picturing Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl making Jessie their footstool* :twisted: *imagines James getting smacked around by The Batman, The Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, and The Martian Manhunter* :twisted: Bwahahahahaahhahahhahahhahahhahaha!! :D *envisions Giovanni getting the smackdown laid on him by Superman* :twisted:

It'll be a massacre!!!!!
What? Team Rocket's not going to go blasting off again? :cry:

whitewolf05
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by whitewolf05 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:13 am

JL hands down TR would not stand a chance. I mean Wonder Woman could turn them against each other and TR's pokemon agility would never keep up with flash. For each move the pokemon do the JL would be able to counter.

FoxFire
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by FoxFire » Wed May 05, 2004 7:19 pm

I haven't watched enough Pokemon to know that much about Team Rocket, but from what I've heard about them, the Superfriends could kick their asses. Well maybe not the one with Wendy and Marvin and Wonderdog, but I'm sure the Wonder Twins could.
Fox

"You''ll regret being so damn abusive when the electric UFO gods transphase in from Dimension 10 to appoint me Manager of the Universe."
--The Drummer

"We share a culture, same vernacular/Love of physical humor and time spent alone
You with your penchant for spontaneous advents/For sticky unrests to be unearthed and then gone"
--Alanis Morissette

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Tue May 11, 2004 2:14 pm

FoxFire wrote:I haven't watched enough Pokemon to know that much about Team Rocket, but from what I've heard about them, the Superfriends could kick their asses. Well maybe not the one with Wendy and Marvin and Wonderdog, but I'm sure the Wonder Twins could.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great Guardians!!!! Every time I hear that, "name", I have to break out laughing and ask myself "What drugs were the writers on when they wrote that stuff??" . Actually, I'm talking about the cartoon version of the Justice League (the one done by Warner Bros., the one done RIGHT!)
Last edited by Parallax on Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.