t.A.T.u. Paragate

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

t.A.T.u. Paragate

Post by Anthy » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:53 pm

Russian lesbians who sing. How could it possibly get any better?

Namely, they get animated!
http://www.tatu-paragate.jp/index.html

^^ I'm so super-excited about this that I'm planning as cosplaying as Lena (the red-haired one) and my friend Josie as Julia for ACen.

Shinichiro Watanabe's doing the opening animation! ::squee!:: [He directed Cowboy Bebop, if you didn't know already.]

Spread the t.A.T.u. goodness. Anime AND Music discussion.
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

Anna Roz
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Anna Roz » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:53 pm

Neat! I remember seeing something about this somewhere, and I'm glad to find out it's actually true..I'm one of the few people I know in my neighborhood that actually LISTEN to Tatu. It's so nice to see that they're getting their own ANIME. I mean, anyone can get their own american cartoon over here, but to get your own japanese show? Pretty damn good in my opinion..I know most people I know would probably hate it for having Tatu and for being *gasp* Japanese anime, but who cares about that? Even if Tatu's not recognized here in the US well enough, they're obviously doing well with the other countries..and I guess this proves it..

I can't wait!

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:53 pm

Um, I don't think they were actually lesbians...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Re: t.A.T.u. Paragate

Post by Tiff » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:56 pm

Anthy wrote:
^^ I'm so super-excited about this that I'm planning as cosplaying as Lena (the red-haired one) and my friend Josie as Julia for ACen.

Judging by the pic I've seen of you, I can SO totally see you cosplaying Lena. Awesome.

I've never really heard any of their music, but the animation looks awesome...
Um, I don't think they were actually lesbians...
And your source for this is...?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:37 am

They say they love each other, so I don't think they are lying. I think the photographers and such are just taking it to a much higher level and over do it.

I can't wait to see this! I love their music, and their anime selves are really cool looking. So alike.

I love the red head :D

The picture is funny, I see a screen cap of "We can shoot people with our fingers!" .... :roll: that was lame of me. Sorry.

And I just noticed, there is an "English" button! So, I am guessing this is only a 100 minute "movie" and, thankfully, not a series. I'm sorry, but how far could they really take it? I am guessing they are speaking Japanese...I don't know, but that could be too hard for them to do a running series.

This movie better come out in the US.
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:00 am

Dinozore wrote:Um, I don't think they were actually lesbians...
I've heard on tv that they aren't lesbians, they just like to kiss girls or whatever.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:33 am

I WANT 2 C THIS SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!

[/fangurlism]

Sorry, I'm just obsessed with t.A.T.u. I'm so happy that they're going to have an anime! I can't wait for this to be released!

And, regarding their sexuality, they claim to be lesbians. t.A.T.u. is an anagram in russian for "this girl loves that girl." Julia, the red head, has a boyfriend. She is bisexual. Lena has not stated whether she's bi or a full-lesbian. However, I like them for their music, not for their sexualities, so it really doesn't matter to me. If they say that they're lesbians, I believe them. It's just an added bonus for me!

T.A.T.U. I LUV U OMG PLZ BE MINE 4EVER!!!! SQUEEEEEEELLLLL!!!!!

[/fangurlism part 2]
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:27 pm

MonkeyDLuffy wrote:I am guessing they are speaking Japanese...I don't know, but that could be too hard for them to do a running series.

This movie better come out in the US.
I'm guessing that they'll have Japanese voice actresses do their parts. On the bottom right-hand corner, it lists their voices as "secret." If Julia and Lena were actually voicing themselves, the site would say so, right?

I concur! I want Paragate POSTERS and UFO PLUSHIES and DVDS and MANGA and... t.A.T.u.-brand pure Burmese heroin!

As for them actually being lesbians or bi, to my knowledge, they are. However, as Parakiss stated, LENA the redhead has a boyfriend. But hey! I'm not complaining!

The first time I saw their "Not Gonna Get Us!" performance at last year's VMAs (I think it was the VMAs) I was at the YMCA gym. The smalltown people were staring at the TV screen, baffled as to why 300 lesbians were making out onstage.

I'm hoping that t.A.T.u. will do the music for the animated series--why wouldn't they?--and maybe some soundtracks would be in order. ^^ Oooh... I want more songs like "Clowns" off their 200kmh in the Wrong Lane album. ::huggles "Clowns" and "Stars"::

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:41 pm

Anthy wrote:
As for them actually being lesbians or bi, to my knowledge, they are. However, as Parakiss stated, LENA the redhead has a boyfriend. But hey! I'm not complaining!
She could be bisexual, like parakisu said. Hell, I have a boyfriend and I"m bisexual.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:41 pm

Anthy wrote:I'm hoping that t.A.T.u. will do the music for the animated series--why wouldn't they?--and maybe some soundtracks would be in order. ^^ Oooh... I want more songs like "Clowns" off their 200kmh in the Wrong Lane album. ::huggles "Clowns" and "Stars"::
Off topic: They're supposed to have another English CD coming out in April of this year. I can't wait for it!! And yes, Clowns and Stars kick ass. Clowns is my favourite!

On Topic: I've already said everything I have to say about the anime, so to refrain from going into more fangurl moments, I'll just stop typing now.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:45 pm

I've got mixed feelings on this kind of thing, namely, taking real people and giving them a cartoon.

On the one hand, you have things like "Jackie Chan Adventures", where Jackie is taken out of his real life and made into a fictional character with the same name and similar fighting techniques. This actually makes it quite a good show.

On the other hand, you have things like "Static Shock", where every two episodes, some African-American superstar makes a guest appearance and totally ruins an otherwise good episode, either because a) the guest can't act, or b) they put too much of their real personalities into it that it doesn't flow with the fictionality (is that a real word?) of the show.

I'll wait for rabid t.A.T.u. fans to check it out before I decide to venture into it. I like the art so far (can't go wrong with Watanabe), so odds are I may get into it at some point ^^;;
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:08 pm

I have never heard of this group, actually. Part of that might be that I don't really listen or read about Russian music groups. But this one, sounds interesting.
The animation looks good, I think I might venture into it, but I think I'll wait for the English part of the site to get all ready before I decide...But I can't figure what the series/movie is going to be about? The link doesn't tell me much...Can anyone help me here?
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:29 pm

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote: Off topic: They're supposed to have another English CD coming out in April of this year. I can't wait for it!! And yes, Clowns and Stars kick ass. Clowns is my favourite!
You're not off-topic. Discussions of the music are welcome here. ::points to her original post::

And, I AM SO EXCITED~!! I'll have new t.A.T.u. to listen to while I sew my costume~!! ^^;

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:43 am

*sings* Nothing can stop us
Not now I love you
They're not gonna get us
They're not gonna get us

Actually I want to see the movie Lilya 4-Ever just because of that song. Oh, and the story, and the fact that it was directed by Lukas Moodysson...

*ahem*

Anyway, I'm interested in what this will look like. I watched Eurovision purely because of the two last year (bit sad that they could not win--and I think I missed any kissy kissy)

Oh, and what does Lena's hair look like it's going to be?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:13 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
Oh, and what does Lena's hair look like it's going to be?
Anthy has a link to the tatu paragate site, which has Lena and...the black haired ones (totally forgot the name) anime selves.

Plus, Anthy's avatar is of Lena too ^_^ Which is well done.

And, just to add, I want that next CD! I want more Russian songs, throw away that english crap >_> I love it when they sing in Russian, because it is their native language, and have more emotion.

It is like listening to J-Pop artists sing in english, I can hear that on the radio <_< >_>
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:26 pm

My friend seems to think that this new TATU (I'm too lazy for alternating caps and punctuation and whatnot, yet I still had the strength to type this) CD is just a rumor. He's very into, umm, pop music. I mean really into it, he's been on TRL a couple times I think O.o. Nothing wrong with that, anyway, could this be true or is my friend full of it?

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:54 pm

Jeff wrote:My friend seems to think that this new TATU (I'm too lazy for alternating caps and punctuation and whatnot, yet I still had the strength to type this) CD is just a rumor. He's very into, umm, pop music. I mean really into it, he's been on TRL a couple times I think O.o. Nothing wrong with that, anyway, could this be true or is my friend full of it?
Your friend's ass needs to check out the official t.A.T.u. site, foo. Isn't it tatugirls.com?

Awwww, thanks, Monkey ^^ ::happy::

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:22 pm

Anthy wrote:
Jeff wrote:My friend seems to think that this new TATU (I'm too lazy for alternating caps and punctuation and whatnot, yet I still had the strength to type this) CD is just a rumor. He's very into, umm, pop music. I mean really into it, he's been on TRL a couple times I think O.o. Nothing wrong with that, anyway, could this be true or is my friend full of it?
Your friend's ass needs to check out the official t.A.T.u. site, foo. Isn't it tatugirls.com?

Awwww, thanks, Monkey ^^ ::happy::
*nods* www.tatugirls.com is the official English-site. And I feel really bad. I talk about how much of a fan I am, but I reversed the girls' names. :oops: I am a huge fan, I'm just a huge and obvlivious fan.