Why, oh why, all the sequels!?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:21 am

The baby was ADORABLE. xD;
'And then... oh no, they /lived./' Tish rocks. xD

Yes, the ending RULES.

Debbie was amusing. xD;;;;; The Ballerina Barbie/Malibu Barbie or whatever bit too, yeah. xD;

Camp rocked. 'Specially that bit in the play about what they will do to the Indians later.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:43 am

Just read this on imdb.com's news page
'Toy Story 3' Scrapped

Pixar and Disney have announced they have cancelled plans to make a third installment of the popular Toy Story movies. Studio executives decided the script wasn't up to the standard the previous movies had set and didn't want to make the film with a less than stellar storyline, according to Moviehole.net. The third installment would have featured animated toy astronaut Buzz Lightyear getting recalled to Taiwan after a series of malfunctions.
Why can't more studios think like this *coughDisneycoughyesI'mlookingatyou,youmoneyhungrybastardscough* If a sequel doesn't meet the standards of the films before it, then you probably shouldn't make it.

Although I do think the plot sounds interesting.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:40 am

peachvampiress wrote:Just read this on imdb.com's news page
'Toy Story 3' Scrapped

Pixar and Disney have announced they have cancelled plans to make a third installment of the popular Toy Story movies. Studio executives decided the script wasn't up to the standard the previous movies had set and didn't want to make the film with a less than stellar storyline, according to Moviehole.net. The third installment would have featured animated toy astronaut Buzz Lightyear getting recalled to Taiwan after a series of malfunctions.
Why can't more studios think like this *coughDisneycoughyesI'mlookingatyou,youmoneyhungrybastardscough* If a sequel doesn't meet the standards of the films before it, then you probably shouldn't make it.

Although I do think the plot sounds interesting.

Actually, the new head of Disney is doing just that. It was his idea to scrap Toy Story 3. He recently reacquired Pixar for Disney and is putting a stop to all sequels if they don't meet the original movie's standards. Which means no more sequels being made just because the first movie did moderately well. ::salutes the new head of Disney::

So far, I'm digging how the new guy thinks. After Micheal Eisner fired all the traditional Disney animators I was pissed. XD The new guy is trying to get them back and get them involved in making traditionally drawn movies again. He's actually giving Pixar most of the profits from their pictures, which his predecessor didn't do, and he's trying to repair all the bridges Micheal Eisner destroyed.

I'm not sure how much of this I can actually confirm since it's information that was passed to me.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:39 am

Well, that would be GOOD news. *___* Finally, there would be an end of Disney's crappy sequels to good movies like Toy Story! I hope it will be like that. *still is shocked over Bambi 2* (ehm, I've seen the trailer... and I wasn't satisfied)

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:43 pm

Plus Roy Disney is also back giving creavtive input to the board. And most importantly, Eisner is history, completely and totally.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:03 pm

*dances at that news*

But the thing I'm wondering is what will that mean for Pirates of the Carribbean? I thought that franchise was only partially owned by Disney, so will Pirates 2 be the last one?
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:31 pm

Pirates 3 is in the works. According to imdb, director Gore Verbinski is shooting scenes for 3 at the same time as for 2.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:34 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:Pirates 3 is in the works. According to imdb, director Gore Verbinski is shooting scenes for 3 at the same time as for 2.
Sweetness. Thanks.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:42 pm

Pirates 3? Oi.

I'm probably the only person around who didn't even like the first one. -_-
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:55 pm

I just updated the list. Hmm they're doing a sequel to Bruce Almighty :?

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm STILL befuddled Garifled is getting a sequel. I thought that movie flopped in theatres?

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:28 pm

Sylphiel wrote:Pirates 3? Oi.

I'm probably the only person around who didn't even like the first one. -_-
I thought the first one was alright, but it wasn't a movie I'd go out of my way for. I really only liked it for the costumes and the ships. ^_^;
Tyra wrote:I just updated the list. Hmm they're doing a sequel to Bruce Almighty :?
A sequel to Bruce Almighty? There's an exceptionally crappy plot waiting to happen. *headdesk*
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:38 am

Neo Dead Moon wrote:I'm STILL befuddled Garifled is getting a sequel. I thought that movie flopped in theatres?
Since people will buy Garfield stuff, they just bought the DVDs. They don't care whether or not it sucks, just that it featured a recognizable product.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Vagabond
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Vagabond » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:48 pm

I finally saw the commercial for Bambi 2 today.... :cry:

I can safely say that if Disney is willing to bastadize Bambi with a sequal, nothing is sacred anymore to Disney. That and the fact that they have officially run out of ideas. What's next, a sequal to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?
If you just see the leaf, you'll miss the tree;
If you just see the tree, you'll miss the forest;
To see everything, effortlessly, that is what it means to truly see.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:57 pm

Vagabond wrote:I finally saw the commercial for Bambi 2 today.... :cry:

I can safely say that if Disney is willing to bastadize Bambi with a sequal, nothing is sacred anymore to Disney. That and the fact that they have officially run out of ideas. What's next, a sequal to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?
It pains me that Patrick Stewart is the voice of Bambi's father.

There isone, but it's not made by disney. I forget who made it, but I think it's called "Happy Ever After". Basically, the prince gets kidnapped by some random villain/monster, and Snow White has to go find him. She goes to the house of the seven dwarves, but their all female cousins are there instead. They all have random nature powers, and they're very annoying. Mother Nature helps them out, and they go on this quest to find the prince.

It's...ver yfucked up.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:53 am

Tiff
Okay, I apparently have seen Bambi twice in my life, but for some reason I can't remember anything about the plot (except for Bambi's mom getting snuffed), but didn't the movie end with Bambi being an adult at the end? How then can he be a little kid in this sequel?
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:56 am

peachvampiress wrote:...but didn't the movie end with Bambi being an adult at the end? How then can he be a little kid in this sequel?
Bambi .33333?
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:55 am

peachvampiress wrote:Tiff
Okay, I apparently have seen Bambi twice in my life, but for some reason I can't remember anything about the plot (except for Bambi's mom getting snuffed), but didn't the movie end with Bambi being an adult at the end? How then can he be a little kid in this sequel?
Becuase it takes place in the middle of the first movie. It takes place just after Bambi's mother dies.

Kinda like how that stupid Belle Christmas video is supposed to take place sometime during the movie.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

TonyOctober 2.0
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by TonyOctober 2.0 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:51 pm

An American Tail 3: The Treasure Of Manhattan Island

Since Jusenkyo no Pikachu makes a review on there I can too. The first movie was really great, the 2nd one was pretty good, the 3rd one I can't say the same thing. I was interested in seeing the 3rd movie after I saw a promo of it on "A Chipmunk Adventure" 1998 video release. Then I rented from a video store along with "Around The World In 80 Days" and watched it. I think this sequel is just a neutral sequel (I liked some parts and hated some parts.).

Parts I Hated:
+ The scene where Cholena takes the tour around New York with the gang because the animation was a little bit weird and the part where Tony kissed Fievel, he does this goofy face that could scare people.
+ A Mistreated Villian named Scuttlebutt. Not only does he have a terrible name he also had terrible treatment too but mostly at the ending.
+ Tony Toponi's Voice. I liked his voice in the first movie because Pat Musick was only 14 years old when she did him, but in the 3rd and maybe the 4th, he sounds like Harold from Rugrats. They should have hired another 14 year old actress to do his voice.
+ Tony having a crush on Cholena. I didn't like it at all because Briget was a good character and they forget about her in the sequel.
+ The Animation because it was a mix of "The Animaniacs" and Hayao Miyazaki in this movie.
+ The 2nd one was a dream all along because the 2nd one was pretty good.

Parts I Liked:
+ They take Tony back in the 3rd movie because I liked him and his 14 year old voice actress in the first movie.
+ "Anywhere In Your Dreams" because it had alota Fievel/Cholena in it.
+ The part where Cholena was modeling the dress and Fievel and Tony were laughing for no reason. That part was stupid and funny.
+ The some of the music was recycled (Like in the RIF Commerical Fievel stared in back in 1991.).
+ Fievel quoting his father at the beginning.
+ The subway scene was funny and quotable.

By the way, if you like "An American Tail" stick with the original and the sequel okay?!

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166973/

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:03 pm

...There's a third American Tail?

Oh, God.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama