Why, oh why, all the sequels!?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:03 am

Hehe sequels...I've made posts on sequels around some other message boards. Now ok how about a list of sequels that will be release this year:

*go to page 4 & scroll down to see my post, all the dates are there*
Last edited by Tyra on Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:07 am, edited 10 times in total.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:57 pm

The only sequel I'm looking forward to this year is Shrek 2. LOVED the first movie. And maybe Scooby Doo 2, as I like watching cheesy movies. :P
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:45 pm

Hmm...Shrek 2 looks good. But I have a big deal about the Princess Diaries 2. I mean, they screwed up the first one MAJORLY. And I think I've read somewhere that the second movie is going to be that Mia goes to Genovia and Europe, and then falls in love...It goes against the book plotline completely. I mean, since the first movie screwed up so badly, what can they do? Mia doesn't even go to Genovia until the fourth book...*sigh* I think I'll pass up on this one.
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:57 pm

Lady of the Light wrote:Hmm...Shrek 2 looks good. But I have a big deal about the Princess Diaries 2. I mean, they screwed up the first one MAJORLY. And I think I've read somewhere that the second movie is going to be that Mia goes to Genovia and Europe, and then falls in love...It goes against the book plotline completely. I mean, since the first movie screwed up so badly, what can they do? Mia doesn't even go to Genovia until the fourth book...*sigh* I think I'll pass up on this one.
...there are books?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:18 pm

Tyra wrote:16th: Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Is Kill Bill Volume 2 really a sequal? I mean, they were originally one movie, it was just split into two parts. I don't really regard that as a sequal.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:21 pm

Tiff wrote:
Lady of the Light wrote:Hmm...Shrek 2 looks good. But I have a big deal about the Princess Diaries 2. I mean, they screwed up the first one MAJORLY. And I think I've read somewhere that the second movie is going to be that Mia goes to Genovia and Europe, and then falls in love...It goes against the book plotline completely. I mean, since the first movie screwed up so badly, what can they do? Mia doesn't even go to Genovia until the fourth book...*sigh* I think I'll pass up on this one.
...there are books?
Yeup. About four now...Best sellers, I believe. All are very good, and I find the way that they portray life in New York hilarious. Of course, the movie doesn't even take place in New York...I recommend you read them, if you have the chance.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:10 am

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:
Tyra wrote:16th: Kill Bill: Vol. 2
Is Kill Bill Volume 2 really a sequal? I mean, they were originally one movie, it was just split into two parts. I don't really regard that as a sequal.
It's only two? I thought it was 5. And I wouldn't consider it a sequel since it's a group of movies such as LotR.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:43 pm

Wee! Can't wait for Kill Bill, Harry Potter, Spiderman, and Princess Diaries (I still wonder what they are going to do since the first one was barely based on the book...), and Shrek. I kinda dread the rest of the sequels coming out this year though...
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:33 pm

So now some dates has changed. Blade: Trinity has been pushed back to the end of the year & The son of mask has been pushed back 'til next year.

Chibi Son Gokou
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Chibi Son Gokou » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:43 pm

I can't wait for Spider Man 2 to come out since I really liked the first one and Doc Ock was a real badass villian in the comics.

Some sequals are actually better than the originals. Terminator 2 was a much better movie than the first film. I also think Blade 2 was better than the first Blade. I haven't seen the sequal to Tomb Raider, but I heard it was better than the original (which sucked). The first Star Trek movie was defenately not the best (I think First Contact was the best ST movie). I also enjoy the many James Bond films.

But for the most part, I agree that sequals are pretty stupid, especially with Jurassic Park and Austin Powers in particular. With Jurassic Park (one of my all time favorite films), the second film was no where near being good as the first, but it was created by the original author Michael Chriton (sp). The third movie, however, was just pulled out of the ass and the only reason why it was made was because of fandom and how many people complained that Alan Grant/Sean Neil wasn't in the second film for no reason whatsoever. Then with Austin Powers, the first movie was hilarious and revolutionary, but when they got to the third film, all the jokes were either recycled from the previous films, or were just utterly ridiculous.

Worst Sequal Ever? Spy Kids 3D
(Voice done by Masako Nozawa)

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:38 pm

I must agree with that last post. The Spy Kids series has gone way downhill. I enjoyed the first movie immensely, and found it really good. But the second two films....The sequel was alright, but you could tell, it was dying. I mean, "Island of Lost Dreams"? Come on. The dinosaurs were neat, but incredibly corny at the same time. And the third one? Good Lord, I almot died in the theaters when I was forced to see it with my family. Bad jokes, bad acting from all actors, and a bad plotline.
Most sequels go like this, because I think that the companies no longer care about them. The originals are their babies, and they spend a lot of time and effort on them, while sequels are usually just to make another buck. The only good sequel I can think of is Toy Story 2. That movie ROCKED.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:47 pm

I almost wanted to see Spy Kids 3D since it was in 3D with the glasses and all. Never did get to it though, and seeing the commericals for the DVDs that actually describe the plot, I'm glad I didn't go see it. From what I saw of the plot in said commerical, if I was in the target age group I don't think I would've gone to see that movie, and that says a lot right there.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:53 am

Spy Kids 3D never sounded appealing to me, it's like blah a kid movie plus Sylvester Stallone won the Raspberry award for worse supporting actor. So no thanx for that movie.

Meanwhile, I heard that there will be a Jurassic Park 4, X3, Rush Hour 3 & more sequels to come in 2005 & 2006....

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:54 am

I know that there's a PotC sequel coming out in 2005. It should be interesting, seeing what kind of a plot they can come up for that one....More Captain Jack Sparrow for everyone!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:03 am

Lady of the Light wrote:I know that there's a PotC sequel coming out in 2005. It should be interesting, seeing what kind of a plot they can come up for that one....More Captain Jack Sparrow for everyone!
Whoa...I almost thought PotC was Passion of the Christ there. Now THAT would be interesting.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:20 am

*a Lion King 3 video was just released in France. didn't see it yet, but it seems cool since it's not a repeat of the circle of life thingie, seems like a Timon and Pumbaa thing*

I'm personnally waiting for Shreck 2, and the next X-men as well (I don't know how I liked the first two, but I did o.O) .

And I never really liked Spy Kids either. I watched the last one cause my boyfriend *though 10 years older than I am* thinks the kids are cute. If he wants to see that DVD, I'll tell him to go do that alone @[email protected];;
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:26 am

Akarui Kibuno wrote:*a Lion King 3 video was just released in France. didn't see it yet, but it seems cool since it's not a repeat of the circle of life thingie, seems like a Timon and Pumbaa thing*
Lion King 1 1/2. It's based on an ep of the Timon and Pumbaa TV series.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:35 pm

Spider-Man 2 and Shrek 2. I can't wait. If there is going to be another Pirates movie, I won't be able to wait for that either. I just hope that in the second Pirates movie, they get Jonny Depp to do Jack Sparrow again, because I don't think anyone else can pull off the coolest Pirate in the world.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:10 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
Lady of the Light wrote:I know that there's a PotC sequel coming out in 2005. It should be interesting, seeing what kind of a plot they can come up for that one....More Captain Jack Sparrow for everyone!
Whoa...I almost thought PotC was Passion of the Christ there. Now THAT would be interesting.
"Passion of the Christ 2: He's Baaaack"

I just can't seem to stop myself. -_-;
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:12 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:"Passion of the Christ 2: He's Baaaack"

I just can't seem to stop myself. -_-;
LMFAO. Oh god, that cracked me up.
The Spy Kids series has gone way downhill
....Was it ever uphill?

And as much as I LOVE Pirates, I'm not sure if a sequel appeals to me. It may ruin it for me. The first movie was great, and I dunno..I'm wary of a sequel.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~