What's your LEAST favorite TV show?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

What's your LEAST favorite TV show?

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:21 pm

Hey everyone at SMU, I'm bored, so I'd like to start this topic.
Least Favorite? I'd say Kim Possible, Even Stevens, What ever happened to Robot Jones, Fairly OddParents, Totally Spies, and so much more I can't even began to list.
Wahts yours?

Lady of the Light
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lady of the Light » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:49 pm

There is a particularly evil show out there centered around kids...
It is known as Wee Three.
This show is the bane of all evil, and it annoys me to no end. It's also fairly disturbing at times. And my brothers happen to love it to bits. Joy.
Mr. James : Lost a satellite on liftoff today.
Dave : Cost?
Mr. James : 10 million dollars.
Dave : Result?
Mr. James : Extreme set back.
Dave : Milk?
Mr. James : Spilled.
Dave : Gonna cry about it?
Mr. James : Not even.
Dave : I''m sitting on a rather sharp tack.
Mr. James : That's gotta hurt.
Dave : Well, life's a bitch...
Mr. James : ...And then you die.
Dave : My...
Mr. James : ...oh...
Dave : ...my.

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:27 pm

Eheh... I like Fairly OddParents... O.o;

My least favorite show is Super-Duper Sumos.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:42 pm

My least favorite TV shows are Smallville, One Tree Hill, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I just don't see the humor in EEE, I don't like YGO, and S and OTH are just too dramatic for me, with not characters that I like.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:57 pm

DistantMemory wrote:Eheh... I like Fairly OddParents... O.o;
So do I, actually. Let's see... Least favorite show... I would have to say Rocket Power for me. Gods, I can't stand that show...

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:56 pm

Hrm..probably 7th Heaven (it really, really irritates me), Ed, Edd, and Eddy (I agree with PK), and just about every cartoon on the WB.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:58 pm

I dont like Rocket Power, Ed Edd and Eddy and Yu-gi-Oh. Rocket Power is so pointless, the animation is horrid, and they got the worst scripts EVER. EEE is so stupid. It's liek Gilligan's Island, but instead with jawbreakers... I can't stand it. Yu-gi-oh could be a wonderufl show if an episode wasn't always so "filler". Even the MOST IMPORTANT episodes are so SLOW moving, and uninteresting. In a typical episode:
1. Duel Begans
2. Mindless Yapping
3. Flashbacks
4. A card is played
5. Explained what it is, and does
6. Gasp from oponnent
7. Mindless Yapping
8. Draws card
9. Falshback
10. Mindless yapping
11. Bad guy says "its impossible to win"
12. Good guy draw good card
13. Mindless Yapping
14. Good guy places card face down
15. Bad guy gets in a trap
16. Mindless Yapping
17. Flashback
18. Bad Guy gets a good card
19. Repeat 11-17
20. To Be continued

*Cough* yeah...

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:22 pm

TRU Calling. I dislike it because it's like a "T and A" version of Crossing Jordan. The difference is that "Tru" has some supernatural power. ::rolls eyes:: Give me a show where you need to think and gather evidence to solve a crime, not some power to do it for you.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:42 pm

I dislike all of the Disney cartoons like Kim Possible, Recess, etc. as well as all of the Nickalodeon cartoons. Plus I hate the cartoons in Adult Swim (like Aqua Force etc.) and the Cartoon Network cartoons, etc. No offense but Looney Tunes gets on my nerves...especially Bugs Bunny. :oops:

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:53 pm

ELIMIDATE!!! *dies* Such a sleazy, disgusting, openly heterosexual show ::gag::.

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:39 pm

I can't stand any of the original Adult Swim cartoons. I don't like 7th Heaven or One Tree Hill. Yu-Gi-Oh, and pretty much ANY dating show. But above ALL else, my #1 worst show is JACKASS [and friends i.e Viva la BAM and Wild Boys], although it dose live up to its name.
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:55 pm

Jeff wrote:ELIMIDATE!!! *dies* Such a sleazy, disgusting, openly heterosexual show ::gag::.
Wuts wrong with taht?

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:33 pm

Rugrats. Oooh, let's make a show about stupid toddlers who drool, eat worms, wander around doing nothing while their parents are blissfully unaware of where they are. And let's make all of the characters annoying and totally unlikeable!!

Oh yes, and Yu-Gi-Oh. Now that Pokemon's demographic has aged a couple years, let's make a new marketing scam... er... card game/video game/cartoon series that has the "collectible" aspect, but is a couple tones darker to keep the attention of the 9-12 year olds growing out of Charmander.
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

KoiNoVash
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by KoiNoVash » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:45 pm

American Idol. None of these people can sing and has anyone actually listened to Clay Aiken's lyrics? They're horrible and he sounds like a stalker. All of the reality series that come on MTV are bad too. Why do I care about Paris Hilton's life? No reason. What has she done to make herself famous? Nothing, her father payed for evertyhing. Are those situations in the Real World and Road Rules real? Of course not. MTV used to be good, now I can't stand watching it for more then 5 seconds.
http://usagicookies.livejournal.com (stalk me, you know you wanna)

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:36 pm

KoiNoVash wrote:American Idol. None of these people can sing and has anyone actually listened to Clay Aiken's lyrics? They're horrible and he sounds like a stalker...
You mean
"If I were invisible I could just watch you in your room,
If I were invincible I could just make you mine tonight!"
Yeah, kinda crazy there Clay.
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:14 pm

::nods:: totally agress with all of you, expecially American Idol. That's one that should be on the "Overrated TV shows" topic

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:32 pm

Hmm, so many. Well, 7th Heavan needs to die or be cancelled. Too long has it been on. I hate them all >_< All 7 of them. Umm, I like a lot of the cartoons that are...cartoons. Umm, reality shows, American Idle (die!). Well, after that, I am pretty leniant with shows. I am not too picky ^_^
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

Anna Roz
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Anna Roz » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:59 pm

I don't really like that *cough cough* anime rip off *cough* show called Totally Spies. I thought the dubbed Sailormoon was bad with it's valley girl slang and voices, but TS was pretty worse. I like the earlier episodes of the Simpsons. but the new ones just don't seem funny to me. However, the latest couch gag with Lisa as Sailormoon was pretty funny. I have to agree that Rugrats is pretty dumb, but what's even dumber is that spin-off series "All Grown Up". Ooh, ooh, let's make, like a spin-off, like of the Rugrats, like that teenagers can relate too! Like, wow, like cool! *gags* American Idol and pretty much every other reality TV show needs to pack up and leave already. I'm sick of all these dating shows on Fox and that show The Simple Life. GAH! *twitch* The fact that Pokemon is STILL on makes me cringe and want to yell "GIVE IT UP ALREADY!" Just about any of the cartoons on Nickelodeon make me yell the same thing..*sigh* A lot of shows have overstayed their welcome, and some pretty good ones got canceled..why is that? Comedy Central's practically the only channel I watch, besides the occasional E! and VH1, but even those two get boring..I look forward to the day when reality shows DIE...DIE I TELL YOU!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:05 pm

Anna Roz wrote:I I have to agree that Rugrats is pretty dumb, but what's even dumber is that spin-off series "All Grown Up". Ooh, ooh, let's make, like a spin-off, like of the Rugrats, like that teenagers can relate too! Like, wow, like cool! *gags*
Dear gods, there's a SPIN OFF?!

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:36 pm

Tiff wrote:
Anna Roz wrote:I I have to agree that Rugrats is pretty dumb, but what's even dumber is that spin-off series "All Grown Up". Ooh, ooh, let's make, like a spin-off, like of the Rugrats, like that teenagers can relate too! Like, wow, like cool! *gags*
Dear gods, there's a SPIN OFF?!
Not spin off, per say, it is still a 30 minute episode...or is it? I have seen it a bunch of times, and I liked it ^^;;; But, it is just the characters like...10 years older, or around there. Like, middle school, where I beleive Angelica is an 8th grader. It gets a C+ story line. At least they are not drooling, and actually go OUT of the house.
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"