Paris Hilton is looking for a friend

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Paris Hilton is looking for a friend

Post by Passions55 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Just when I thought stupid reality tv shows couldn't get any more inane and contrived this gem pops up. There's going to be a new reality tv show where a bunch of girls (and I think a hand ful of guys) will be competeing for the exalted status of Paris hilton's new BFF.

Seriously who the hell in their right fucking mind would want to be Paris Hilton little pet--I mean best friend? God, I weep when I see things like this, this is what television has been reduced too.

Who else has heard about this? And who here is actually going to watch it?
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:25 pm

actually its already on I saw a tiny bit of it and before my eyes started to burn I saw that Paris Hilton is as shallow as everyone seems to think she is.

She wanted to give makeovers to the hopefuls (and naturally she has two makeover artist that embody about every stereotype in the book) but a few of them didnt like the ideas the artists had and declined, and they almost got kicked out of the contest for it. What the hell kind of friend does she want? Someone who disagrees on a style of hair and clothing with her cant be her friend? WTF?!?

She doesn't want a friend she wants a [email protected]#$ing doll to play dressup with. All I can say is anyone who subjects themselves to being on that show deserves to be made total fools of and to be humiliated.

Personally I would have loved the chance to have been on the show just long enough to tell her to her face on national tv that she is a complete joke and a superficial moron (insert several other things that Dr. House would be proud of me for saying)
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:31 pm

The fact that enough of America watches this shit, therefore creating more and more stupid drivel for her to star in, lowers my faith in humanity even more.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:10 am

ZOMG total big spoilerz!!!!1111

[spoiler]I predict a few months after the series ends Paris will break up with her new BFF because they couldn't get along or some shit like that, allowing them to film a second season. Lather, rinse, repeat a few more times.[/spoiler]

Clairvoyent am I :D
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:40 am

I knew (as did most of us, I'm sure) for a long time now that the people who come up with these reality shows were scraping the bottom of the bucket for ideas. I think with this one they've clawed right through the bottom.
peachvampiress wrote:ZOMG total big spoilerz!!!!1111

[spoiler]I predict a few months after the series ends Paris will break up with her new BFF because they couldn't get along or some shit like that, allowing them to film a second season. Lather, rinse, repeat a few more times.[/spoiler]

Clairvoyent am I :D
Not only that, but [spoiler]all the winners of the show will go the way of those who won all the other reality shows; they'll get their day-and-a-half of fame, then everyone will forget who they are. [/spoiler]
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:01 pm

no then tey'll have the "Paris Hilton Charm School" series! :wink: Just like the skanks from Flava Flav and Rock of Love.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Tiff wrote:The fact that enough of America watches this shit, therefore creating more and more stupid drivel for her to star in, lowers my faith in humanity even more.
To me, what's worse than even this is that there are people who are willing to participate in shit like this. I can understand people wanting to be on American Idol, Survivor, and the like; after all, they offer a pretty decent-sized carrot to the winner(s). This show is just a bunch of idiots who are competing to be the BFF Flavor of the Day to a shallow, narcissistic skank who thinks the rules shouldn't apply to her because she has money.

The other day, I was in the break room at the hospital where I volunteer, and I happened to be there when Ellen's show was on TV and had Paris as a guest. I caught an excerpt of one of the contestants reading a poem she had written to Paris, telling her what a "great inspiration" she was, what an "awesome role model"...needless to say, I thought I was going to be sick right there.
What is life? What if all it is is God playing a game of The Sims? Or even his own version of Final Fantasy? ~Me

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:28 pm

Princess Latona wrote:
To me, what's worse than even this is that there are people who are willing to participate in shit like this. I can understand people wanting to be on American Idol, Survivor, and the like; after all, they offer a pretty decent-sized carrot to the winner(s). This show is just a bunch of idiots who are competing to be the BFF Flavor of the Day to a shallow, narcissistic skank who thinks the rules shouldn't apply to her because she has money.
Hence why I think idiotic shows like this are staged.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Hell no would I want to be Paris' friend. Sadly I share the same birthday as her, only she's ten years older. I hate girls who want to give makeovers to girls, I get that so much I honestly want to choke those people.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:48 pm

jupiter23
all the winners of the show will go the way of those who won all the other reality shows; they'll get their day-and-a-half of fame, then everyone will forget who they are.
Either that or they get there own spin off reality show.

Peachvampiress prediction number 2: The fucked up Harajuku reject shemale gets his own spin off show, because you know damn well T.V. producers wouldn't pass up the opportunity to exploite someone this insane (Onch for anyone who hasn't had to suffer seeing this show
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:00 am

Reality TV has gotten WORSE over the years. Honestly, the only reality TV show I like is Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List. Mainly because of Kathy, and because it's uh... REAL.

I will admit though Flavor of Love, Charm School, and I Love NY are gulity pleasures for me. Keeping Up with The Kardasians is also entertaining. They're on the same level as Jerry Springer. But these spin-offs, and sequels are just too much. I Love Money, New York Does Hollywood and Flavor of Love 3 are just too, too much.

And why does Paris need a show? She's fucking rich, and doesn't do anything. Why not make a show like "Paris needs an Education"? Or why not give someone interesting a show? I'd kill for like "Nancy Grace Needs a Friend". That I would watch.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:08 pm

Umino wrote: "Paris needs an Education"
LMFAO!!! So true, they actually tried to do a reality show with Tommy Lee going to college, but no one really watched it.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:21 am

peachvampiress wrote:Peachvampiress prediction number 2: The fucked up Harajuku reject shemale gets his own spin off show, because you know damn well T.V. producers wouldn't pass up the opportunity to exploite someone this insane (Onch for anyone who hasn't had to suffer seeing this show
Prediction seconded.

How do you fit that much crazy into such tiny girl pants? There must be an industrial compactor involved.

I really think that these shows are an experiment. Someone is trying to see how much deep-fried vomit that people will watch before their brains dissolve into puss. Let's hope it works, and we loose a large swath of the population to "unexplainable" neurological events. :D
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Why would anyone want to be her friend in the first place let alone want to be her friend after she trys to 'pretty' them up to her ideal?

Is there actually any prize involved like money? Or do people really enter the competition simply to be her BFF?

I honestly cannot see what people see in her. My friend for example, said she feels sorry for her after reading her auto-biograpahy as lots of bad things had happened in her life. WTF could possibly be so traumatic? Did she break a nail? Couldn't fit her elephantine foot into a stiletto?

*Sigh* 'Reality' TV is what sends me to my own little world.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!