Characters in shows you can't stand

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Sun May 11, 2008 1:57 am

Ok, I feel the need to defend Wheeler. Yes he was generally lazy/apathetic most of the time, and the only reason he seemed to stay was to try to score with Linka. In spite of all that, I think he really proved himself enough to deserve to be on the team. IIRC He even saved a kid from being beaten up right before he got his ring. Plus his power was fire and that was the best one of them all (at least better then Ma-Ti's Heart which was useless except when they needed a convenient plot device). Besides every character on that show was a stereotype (I'm surprised there wasn't a defamation lawsuit filed by every ethnic group in the world). This isn't to say you can't be annoyed by him for whatever reason or no reason at all, but I just felt like I had to defend him.
you make a good point about Wheeler and his redeeming qualities, but I just feel that they could have done a bit better with writing when it came to his character sometimes. :?

Live Action:

Flava Flav: from... Flava Flav LOL, I know this guy isn't really a character but an actual person who happens to have his own TV show, but man I can't stand him. He is such a grimy sweaty looking ugly old guy who looks like a drug addict you would find stumbling around in an alley. If it weren't for the fact that he was rich, no girl would touch his nasty self with a ten and a half foot pole with a condom on it. i don't want to think of how many girls he's been with through out the season. Makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

Winnie Cooper: from the Wonder Years. God I wanted to just slap the shit out of this girl. This girl was the epitome of emo! Nothing Kevin ever said was the right thing and she always got offended and hurt by everything, half the time I thought she just acted that way to get Kevin to chase after her more, manipulative bitch she knew what she was doing. Man I so wanted Kevin to stop chasing after her, she wasn't worth the aggravation. And what got me was even when they did hook up Winnie always ended up cheating on Kevin and acted like he was a jerk for getting angry at her and acted like what she did with other boys was none of his business--even when they where going out. :evil: I just couldn't stand her!!!

Kimmy Gibler: from Full house. She was just annoying

Budd: from Married with Children. he was funny for the most part but they made his character pathetic at times that i couldn't really find him to funny unless he was with Kelly. Thankfully he got better as the series went on and he got older.

Crystal : from Roseanne. She was sooo emo and and she ever seemed able to do was bitch and moan about how miserable her life was and was constantly having a melt down that Roseanne or Jackie had to help her deal with. She was just weak ling as an adult and she always made it seem like she would shack up with Dan given the chance, but since she could have him she married his Dad. And then she bitched and moaned about how he wasn't around even though she was told he was a hands off kind of husband. I was so glad they drop her character from the show as the series went on.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sun May 11, 2008 6:26 am

It's the Lost edition.

Kate from Lost. She started out being my favourite female character but now she's just a whore. She wants Jack but feels the need to use poor Sawyer, and even when Sawyer told her he knew she was using him she slapped him! Someone can't handle the truth.

Jack from Lost. I used to wear a key around my neck because I was such a Jack fangirl but now I despise him. He thinks he knows what's best for everyone and is a male version of Kate. He drools over Juliet but wants Kate. I'm getting sick of the repetitive stroylines with him.

Juliet from Lost. I never liked her. She has something about her that I just don't like but I can't quite put my finger on it. She also seems to be pretty useless and only seems helpful when she wants to help Jack.

Gwen from Torchwood. As much as I hate Owen for treating Toshiko like crap, I couldn't stand Gwen's lustful ways. She was getting it on with Owen whilst wanting to get into Jack's pants and having a fiancee all at the same time.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon May 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Chelsea (That's So Raven)- Ok so I do not totally hate this character. Usually I think she is hilarious. But it's when she has to get all self righteous and be like "Oh noes! Liek u r eating aminals!" There was one episode where she especially ticked me off. Raven designed as outfit and it required fox fur. The woman she was working for wanted to market it, and this was a GREAT opportunity for Raven. But once Chelsea heard it was made of fox fur, she had to start a huge protest and she and Raven got into a huge fight. So, since Raven didn't want their friendship ruined, she told her boss that she didn't want to use the fox fur and not to market her outfit. Raven gave up a HUGE opportunity all because Chelsea had to be a littly whiney tree hugger. Gee what a great friend Chelsea is.

Lily (Hannah Montana)- Ok so I don't hate this character completely either. But there was an episode where Oliver wanted to tag along with Hannah Montana and "Lola" so he required a disguise. But Lily had to be all "Nuuuuuuu! This is mine and Miley's thing!" Gee, what a great friend Lily is.

Gabriella (High School Musical) (Does this one count?)- Talk about a Mary sue, and completely annoying at that. I don't know why Troy even wastes time with this girl, as she is always the victim. Especially annoying in HSM2 when Troy was practically getting a full ride scholarship HANDED to him but she had to be like "Ur not spending time with me, I quit!" Oh and she can do no wrong. She can sing, she's witty, she's smart, athletic, wow, not flaws at all. Ok fine, she got a little stage fright. But that resolved pretty quickly.

Ruthie (7th Heaven)- She was cute when she was little, but once she started hitting puberty, suddenly she is smarter than everyone with wisdom of the ages. I just wanted to tell her to STFU.

The Pedophile from Family Guy whose name I can not remember- I don't find him funny at all and he creeps me out. I tend to groan when he's on screen. Would have been fine if he was used much less.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed May 14, 2008 8:54 am

Chelsea (That's So Raven)- Ok so I do not totally hate this character. Usually I think she is hilarious. But it's when she has to get all self righteous and be like "Oh noes! Liek u r eating aminals!" There was one episode where she especially ticked me off. Raven designed as outfit and it required fox fur. The woman she was working for wanted to market it, and this was a GREAT opportunity for Raven. But once Chelsea heard it was made of fox fur, she had to start a huge protest and she and Raven got into a huge fight. So, since Raven didn't want their friendship ruined, she told her boss that she didn't want to use the fox fur and not to market her outfit. Raven gave up a HUGE opportunity all because Chelsea had to be a littly whiney tree hugger. Gee what a great friend Chelsea is.
I have to disagree here, she was blowing ONE of Raven's big chances, why did real Fox fur have to be used anyway? It would have looked the same with fake fur and I think Raven knew how Chelsea would react anyway. As Celsea said, Raven's a talented girl and she would get another opportunity but the Fox's wouldn't.

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:15 am

Live Action

Micheal: from Salute Your Shorts. If any one remembers this it was a show that came on Nickelodeon about a bunch of teenage campers, named Bobby Budnick, Sponge, Donkeylips, ZZ, Diana, Telly, Michael and later Ronnie Pinksy. I shouldn't be the one who remembers this show. I didn't care for the character Michael, he just seemed so blah when compared to the other characters, I was so happy when in the second season when Ronnie Pinksy showed up and took his place, since he was more sly and and laid back and could give Budnick a run for his money.

ZZ (Ziff): from Salute Your Shorts. I just didn't care for her she just came off a to syrupy and sweet and was one of those annoying flower power-esch people. She was kinda boring.

Older Pete: from The Adventures of Pete & Pete. This was another classic Nickelodeon show about two red headed boys named Pete. I really liked the younger Pete he was a hell raiser and slick and got into the most trouble. Any episode about him was usually interesting. But the older Pete was just to...normal to be interesting. His story lines where usually more grounded and well he just kinda nerdy.

Cartoons:

Kyle: from the Extreme Ghostbusters. Normally I liked her but the way she acted toward Edwardo pissed me off. Ugh, she was such a bitch to him. She would just chew him a new one over every little thing, yeah the guy was a little narrow minded on some paranormal stuff but she never missed a opportunity to basically call him a screw up and got mad at him for things that where some times out of his control. And she was so rude to him even with very little provocation. I didn't get why Edwardo had a crush on her she treated him like crap.

Sharon Spitz: from Brace Face. ugh...she was fine until she became a vegetarian and became one of those pushy preachy animal rights activists. She basically became the representation of what i dislike about activists; they are so single minded they become self righteous and intolerant of people who, although respect and maybe support their cause and eating habits, but don't feel the same way about not eating meat as they do.

D.W: from Author. She is Author's little sister and she was a huge brat. I can't stand her sometimes, one episode she was convinced that Author took something of hers and even after he said he didn't take it, still went into his room and wrecked looking for it. If my little sister had done that I would have flipped.

Michelangelo: from the New Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles series. Now I don't hate him but I have to say that I'm rather disappointed with how his character has been handled in this version. In the old Ninja Turtle series he was my favorite ninja turtle, he was a cool character, he was sweet, sincere, and laid back, and even though he could be a bit flaky he was still pretty smart. In the new toon he often comes across as hyper active and cocky, whiny, unfocused when he needs to be, very immature, constantly needs to be saved in battle, and never really seems to learn or grow from his experiences while the rest of his family does. And he is soo antagonistic Michelangelo in the original series was very easy going and just went about his business, Michelangelo in the current series is always trying to get a rise out of every one or is trying to start trouble. I get so mad because Michelangelo is my favorite turtle and he just keeps coming across as more and more foolish. What really gets me is his character has so much potential but the show seems to have designated him as the "comic relief" that has to balance out the more serious characters and it stinks that he has to be this way.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Thu May 15, 2008 3:28 am

D.W. (Arthur): I have to second this one. She is more obnoxious than most little kids I know. And the snow ball thing.....she went on and on about that for episodes!!! I really wish her parents would just give her an old fashioned spanking and set her straight about acting like a good girl. I can totally side with Arthur whenever she causes trouble.

Francine (Arthur): I find very little to like about her. Muffy is annoying and a hypocrite, but at least you know where she gets it from. Just being a spoiled princess. On the other hand, Francine is mean and overly agressive. It's friends like her that really gave me problems in school.

Topanga (Boy Meets World): Normally I enjoy her, but there are times when she makes the list. I really loved her in the first season when she was a free spirit. Then the teenage years claimed another victim and she became whiny, naggy and inconsistant with her feelings. I admit, by the last season Cory was no prize to live with, but it was way worse having to deal with her constant, "I can't be with you because something bad has happened" baloney. They took breaking up to a whole new level.

Kelly (Saved by the Bell): I do like Kelly. She seems lovely and all that. But I do tend to dislike her constant break ups with Zack. Every time she does it, she shows her selfish bratty side. And she always falls for someone who isn't half as good as what she had.

Lisa (Saved by the Bell): Last on my list is the always annoying shopoholic with the princess complex. As funny as she was, I still couldn't help feeling irritated at the constant bad mouthing and rejection of Screech. Yes, he's dorky, but you know he'd treat you right. To me, she was just too high maintenace.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu May 15, 2008 1:42 pm

DreamEmpress wrote:
Kelly (Saved by the Bell): I do like Kelly. She seems lovely and all that. But I do tend to dislike her constant break ups with Zack. Every time she does it, she shows her selfish bratty side. And she always falls for someone who isn't half as good as what she had.
I fucking hated Kelly. >_>;

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

michikodesu
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by michikodesu » Thu May 15, 2008 4:20 pm

I never understood why Kelly got sooooo much attention and why Zach and everybody else fell for her. I didn't think she was that pretty...not even girl next door pretty. I always thought that Lisa and Jessie were prettier...with better personalities.
GAZ: I m only thirteen levels away from finishing this game. So I either finish my game or make you wish I was never born!!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:54 pm

DreamEmpress wrote:D.W. (Arthur): I have to second this one. She is more obnoxious than most little kids I know. And the snow ball thing.....she went on and on about that for episodes!!! I really wish her parents would just give her an old fashioned spanking and set her straight about acting like a good girl. I can totally side with Arthur whenever she causes trouble.

Francine (Arthur): I find very little to like about her. Muffy is annoying and a hypocrite, but at least you know where she gets it from. Just being a spoiled princess. On the other hand, Francine is mean and overly agressive. It's friends like her that really gave me problems in school.
I third DW and second Francine.
DW-OMFG!!! the snowball episodes were effing annoying!! I agree her parents need to give her a good spanking. Remember that model plane Arthur built and after he told her several times not to touch it, she touches it and then throws it off the window anyway. I honestly believe she deserved that punch Arthur gave her. Oh and let's not forget the episode where she wanted a French nanny like her friend Emily.

Francine-I agree, she's really mean. Arthur is right about her being mean and she's always saying "I'M THE NICEST PERSON!!" Good examples-the one episode where she got the lead in the school play as Thomas Edison, she was being so mean to everyone and really cocky.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat May 17, 2008 8:37 am

Stephanie Kaye from Degrassi: Whores herself out in the first season of DJH while proving herself to be a thoroughly inept school president. Image means everything to her, to the point where she spends half her school year denying the fact that she's related to Arthur Kobalewsky.

Liz O'Rourke, also from Degrassi: Way way WAAAAAAY too much of a strawman activist. Unfortunately, I seem to have stopped watching through DH season 1 (I do plan to finish it), so I wouldn't really know if she gets redeemed.

Miss Darbus (High School Musical) is an annoying caricature of an obsessive drama teacher. None of the drama teachers I've met have been anything like her--although my last high school drama teacher (who, incidentally, shares a name with a director famous for overblown big-budget crap) was the only one who actually appeared to express an interest in modern theatrical styles--his interpretation of Hamlet involved a violent fist-fight that took a chunk out of Laertes' shoulder.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:06 pm

Passions55 wrote: Sharon Spitz: from Brace Face. ugh...she was fine until she became a vegetarian and became one of those pushy preachy animal rights activists. She basically became the representation of what i dislike about activists; they are so single minded they become self righteous and intolerant of people who, although respect and maybe support their cause and eating habits, but don't feel the same way about not eating meat as they do.
You do know that Sharon Spitz was voiced by none other than Alicia Silverstone who is a vegetarian (or was it vegan?) and she is a huge supporter of PETA? She even did a PSA for PETA in which she was naked and said she felt great about being vegetarian and that's about it.

Muffy from Arthur can be freaking annoying. She is the definition of spoiled rich brat. She also gives terrible advice and I don't get why people would go to her in the first place. She told Binky to go to Baltimore to study ballet and also told Buster to get advice from a tween magazine to get his mother back with her boyfriend. I also think it's freaking creepy how she thinks she's "in love" with the Backstreet Boys.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Fri May 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Dark Willow from Buffy. At first it was pretty cool seeing her go all evil but she got on my nerves after a while.
1. Because she tried to kill all of her friends which was pretty selfish considering it wasn't only Tara that cared about her and
2. She tried to kill Jonathan and Andrew who didn't really do anything considering the only reason they were with Warren in the first place was because Jonathan wanted friends and Andrew had a crush on Warren.

Buffy and Xander from Buffy. I don't hate them but the way they treated Spike peeved me off. Buffy used him and then treated him like crap and Xander treated him like crap all the time for no reason. Give poor Spike a break! He was a hell of a lot more useful than half of the characters *Cough* Dawn *Cough*

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Muffy (Arthur): She's rich, she's spoiled and she's a pain the bum. I completely agree, she's the queen of stupid advice. Muffy feels that just because she's rich that she's automatically popular and better than everyone else. And of course that means that whatever she says will be correct beyond all measure. "Ummm, yeah.....sure Muffy." *rolls eyes* That and she's far too obsessed with all things teen. She wants to grow up too quick and enjoy the over mediasized world of teenagers. She keeps this up, she's end up like all the other heiresses and goodness knows what else.

Which brings me to another rich snob....

Veronica (The Archies): Whether in comics, tv or movie, she's still a rich snob that I can't stand. I always rooted for Betty. i can't stand to see Archie end up with the date from heck. (I don't care how clueless the dumb boy is) Considering the girl can't seem to understand that not everyone can afford dinner in Paris on a whim. I keep praying one day she's wake up and get a brain.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 am

Mr. Herriman(Foster's): I hate his personality and character so much. He's always stuck up and a rule stickler. You can't eat dinner with one person missing? God, I want to rip in to the T.V. and choke him.

Meg(Family Guy): I don't dislike her, but why does she get all of the crap? She isn't that ugly, and she isn't that fat. I feel like she's just there to be made fun of.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:23 pm

Jackie and Brody from the first season of Heroes-God, I hated how Jackie took credit for something Claire did (even though it did save Claire) and she was just so freaking conceited. Brody was being an ass for trying to rape Claire and I wished he died when Claire got her payback by crashing his car.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Alexclow345 wrote:
Meg(Family Guy): I don't dislike her, but why does she get all of the crap? She isn't that ugly, and she isn't that fat. I feel like she's just there to be made fun of.
...then it's irrelevent to mention her. This is about characters you dislike.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:54 am

Ooh, any character from Naruto, Bleach, or Death Note. The reason? Well, if you live with a 12 year old sister who absolutely loves these anime's and watches them every single day, and going to extreme lengths (i.e. printing countless pictures of them, drawing them, wanting to dress up as them, decorating all of your profiles with them, ect....) I just can't stand them. She is making them seem really big when they are not, and this makes me hate not only all the characters in these anime's, but also the anime's themself. Then you think I still have no reason to hate them. Well, all I can say is that they really make my blood boil as well.
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:43 am

sailor_moon_R wrote:Ooh, any character from Naruto, Bleach, or Death Note. The reason? Well, if you live with a 12 year old sister who absolutely loves these anime's and watches them every single day, and going to extreme lengths (i.e. printing countless pictures of them, drawing them, wanting to dress up as them, decorating all of your profiles with them, ect....) I just can't stand them. She is making them seem really big when they are not, and this makes me hate not only all the characters in these anime's, but also the anime's themself. Then you think I still have no reason to hate them. Well, all I can say is that they really make my blood boil as well.

I'm sorry, but you can't say you hate every character from an anime or manga without reading or watching them.

EDIT: I guess I'm supposed to list real people. Sorry about that.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Alexclow345 wrote: I'm sorry, but you can't say you hate every character from an anime or manga without reading or watching them.
When you face enough annoyance about something from a second party, you can grow to hate by association.

EDIT: I guess I'm supposed to list real people. Sorry about that.
..what? I said to only list characters that you dislike, since THAT'S THE NATURE OF THE TOPIC. What on earth are you going ona bout "real people"? NONE of these characters are real people.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:50 pm

I posted somebody from Celebrity Fit Club. I don't want them to see that I am bashing on them if they accidently stumble on this forum.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!