Sailor Moon - The Abridged Series

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah part of the main reason it's funny is because of how they make fun of the dub. So I don't think they would ever do Stars. I personally don't think it would be the same without a dub to make fun of. Unless Stars gets dubbed sometime soon. And we all know how likely that is! :roll:

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:29 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:Yeah part of the main reason it's funny is because of how they make fun of the dub. So I don't think they would ever do Stars. I personally don't think it would be the same without a dub to make fun of. Unless Stars gets dubbed sometime soon. And we all know how likely that is! :roll:

Hey, don't put my spirits down!

Anywho, since I'm here, hey, why not? Now, I love the idea of abridging Sailor Moon, but I don't know, there's something missing to it. Rei's character makes me giggle, along with Minako's, sure, but it's not high in my list on favorites.

I think the problem I have is that it's like they're doing just because. In other abridge series, you can tell they're fans of the show, despite its flaws. But, why do I have have the feeling these guys aren't huge fans of the actual show?

Anywho, that's my two cents.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:11 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to put your spirits down. I'm trying to be realistic about it though. Of course I'd like to see them do Stars.

As for them being fans of the show, Eric is. And probably KrisRix, because I saw she did an audition as Mars for a fandub (a serious Mars, not a joke). Megami33 said in the Halloween special that she liked it as a kid, but I got the impression she doesn't like it as much now. I don't think Judgement likes it at all. As for Whip0fAlchemy and whoever else I'm forgetting, I didn't get any idea at all either way. But they watch each episode before they begin the abridging process, so they must all like it enough to sit through it. No one is forcing them to do this, they must be enjoying it.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:35 pm

I think one of them (I think it was Judgement) said he hated it as a kid because it took the time slot of Sonic back in the day but now he doesn't mind it. You can read their mini bios on the official website http://www.sailormoonabridged.com

I really would like to see how they will dub the movies, since the dub versions are crappy. I think Whip and Kris have stated that they have visited SMU and say they like it.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:41 pm

I have this feeling that when the crew gets to dubbing S (If they do, hopefully), Haruka and Michiru er Amara and Michelle will make it clear every 5 seconds that they are cousins and not lesbians.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:52 pm

That or they'll pull a Zoicite...meaning both of them will be confused on whether they're really lesbians or cousins.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Wonder how Hotaru is going to act? Im sure Professor Tomoe will be super crazy

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:36 pm

SailorBallerinaMoon wrote:Wonder how Hotaru is going to act? Im sure Professor Tomoe will be super crazy
My guess is they'll probably make Hotaru all gothic and depressed and then Mistress 9 will probably be a huge whore.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:39 pm

Wonder if Fisheye be gender confused like Zoisite?

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:26 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean to put your spirits down. I'm trying to be realistic about it though. Of course I'd like to see them do Stars.

As for them being fans of the show, Eric is. And probably KrisRix, because I saw she did an audition as Mars for a fandub (a serious Mars, not a joke). Megami33 said in the Halloween special that she liked it as a kid, but I got the impression she doesn't like it as much now. I don't think Judgement likes it at all. As for Whip0fAlchemy and whoever else I'm forgetting, I didn't get any idea at all either way. But they watch each episode before they begin the abridging process, so they must all like it enough to sit through it. No one is forcing them to do this, they must be enjoying it.
Yes Eric does like Sailor Moon according to the SMA website it was actually his idea to start the Sailor Moon abridged series. Either KrisRix or Megami33 said the show was so bad it was good in an interview. Also in the halloween special Megami33 mentioned like you said that she liked it as a kid before she realized it was a collassal mess. I also get the impression that Megami who wants to be an animator isn't too fond of the shows animation which to be honest was never Sailor Moon's strong point. And btw I'm assuming since you mentioned it you saw KrisRix Sailor Mars audition. It was pretty damn good, if the people in charge of the fandub didn't pick her their idiots.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Yeah KrisRix's Mars audition was awesome!

I wanna see what they do with Esmeraude and her laugh if they make it that far. I'm guessing Kris will get that part, but Megami would probably pull off a good annoying laugh too.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Depending on if they even get that far. I think it was KrisRix who said she can't seem going much further past the first season. But Megami33 in her rant video did mention that they were working on the movies. Here would be my guess on the voice work going by the movies

Fiore- Judgement

Kiesenan Blossom- Whip of Alchemy or KrisRix

Rini-Megami33

Princess Snow Kaguya-KrisRix

Kakeru- Eric

Himeko- KrisRix

Neptune- Megami33

Uranus- KrisRix

Pluto-KrisRix

Peraru (whatever the hell his name was) Eric

older male fairies-Judgement

what's her face the main villain from SuperS movie- KrisRix

Diana-Megami33

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:32 pm

Yes, I did say if they make it that far.

I imagine that Eric would play one of the Outers. Probably Uranus or Pluto, but who knows.

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 pm

I cant wait for more! How long does it take for 1 episode to be made anyways?

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:08 pm

SailorBallerinaMoon wrote:I cant wait for more! How long does it take for 1 episode to be made anyways?
That depends because Megami33 and the gang are in college so they usually have a lot of work to do. Usually it would take every two weeks. Just don't annoy her by going on her comments and post something like OMG WHEN'S THE NEXT EPISODE COMING?!!? Trust me, they will come when they come.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Yay!!! new episode =)

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:52 pm

The new episode was...interesting. I was wondering what they would do about Molly, considering what they said in the previous episode. :D

I was just thinking, since the last episode of the first season of the dub is two episodes combined into one, that episode in SMA is going to be condensed even more since their episodes are all less than 10 minutes.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Yea this episode was extremely short. But I can understand why, Sailor Moon has a crapload of fillers. Especially before the big stuff happens (i.e. season one finale). I am still looking forward to the next episodes to see what will happen next.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:46 pm

At least the classic fillers before the finale are interesting. Compared to ss. And it gives us more abriging goodness!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:36 pm

supersailorearth wrote:At least the classic fillers before the finale are interesting. Compared to ss. And it gives us more abriging goodness!
I wonder how SuperS will turn out, especially since it has a crapload of fillers. I bet Serena will be like WHY ISN'T THIS SEASON OVER?!?!
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!