You Know You Love Her (the Gossip Girl thread)

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

You Know You Love Her (the Gossip Girl thread)

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:47 am

Well, who else here is into Gossip Girl?

I'm up to episode 6, while concurrently reading the books (up to book 4). I have to say, I prefer the books. Why? Because the TV show is far too clean. Take the character of Dan. For those who haven't read the books, there he's a chain-smoking caffeine-addicted teen poet, while in the show, he's...just your average outsider. In fact, the only characters who survive unscathed are Serena and Chuck (well...at least Chuck's still an arsehole)

That's not to say the show isn't entertaining in its own way. I've seen about 36 episodes of The OC (that's about half of Season 1 and 20 episodes of Season 2) and this is shaping up to be just as entertaining, and not quite so damn tacky. At least, not until the expected ratings stunt where Serena kisses Blair or whomever
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:53 am

(dig, dig, dig...)

Estimates say only 2 or 3 episodes remain before Gossip Girl's scripts are exhausted due to the strike.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.