What Cartoons Scared you as a kid?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Scooby Doo initially freaked me out, but then I grew to like it :-)

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:24 am

The Ren and Stimpy Show

Weirdly, I liked the same director's video for Close But No Cigar.

Also not too fond of the episode of Rocko's Modern Life where Heffer dies and goes to heck.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

demoneyeskyo87
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by demoneyeskyo87 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Fantasia(1940) used to scare me back when I was younger during Night at Bald Mountain and Rites of Spring(with the whole creation of Earth and the Dinosaurs).

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:59 pm

The movie Little Nemo had some scenes that really freaked me out, like some goopy nightmare thing trapped behind a locked door or something (I haven't watched this movie in a while), and there were plenty of other scenes that creeped me out as well.

There was also some Snow White sequel called Happily Ever After (I think) that had a scene at the beginning where the wicked queen's dead face zooms at the screen and I swear I like crapped right through my pants and the couch.

Also, there was an episode of Scooby Doo where they find some sailor or ship captain pretrified sitting in a chair and he has this scared/alarmed look on his face and he was all pale and I ran up to my mom's room and practically tackled her with tears in my eyes.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:30 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:There was also some Snow White sequel called Happily Ever After (I think) that had a scene at the beginning where the wicked queen's dead face zooms at the screen and I swear I like crapped right through my pants and the couch.
Ever After was a sequel to Snow White, but not the Disney version. It was part of the Children's Fairytale Collection. I know the part you're talking about...that movie all together was just plain messed up.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Aishiteru wrote: Ever After was a sequel to Snow White, but not the Disney version. It was part of the Children's Fairytale Collection. I know the part you're talking about...that movie all together was just plain messed up.
He had the title right the first time. It's Happily Ever After. I used to have the video, and it was pretty fucked up.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Aishiteru wrote:
sailorperkytoot123 wrote:There was also some Snow White sequel called Happily Ever After (I think) that had a scene at the beginning where the wicked queen's dead face zooms at the screen and I swear I like crapped right through my pants and the couch.
Ever After was a sequel to Snow White, but not the Disney version. It was part of the Children's Fairytale Collection. I know the part you're talking about...that movie all together was just plain messed up.
Yeah I know it wasn't a sequel to the Disney version, although when I was little I thought it was. I remember wondering why she grew her hair so much longer. I kinda liked the movie. Mother Nature was interesting, and I thought it looked cool when the evil guy turned into the flying monster (speaking of which, that guy's face scared me to death too, as did his scream when he was the monster). But the movie was definitely altogether....strange.