Cell phone plans

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Banana
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Cell phone plans

Post by Banana » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:44 pm

I’m thinking about getting a cell phone but I don’t know who to go through. Here you can discuss who you go through, whether you like it or not, likes and dislikes, any you went though in the past and likes/dislikes as well. Thanks. :-D

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:16 pm

Ive been a long time cingular person even though they are now Att or bellsouth down where im at. I had them when I was issued a cellphone for work then kept them for my own personal phone. They do good deals especially if you have a family share plan but their phones can get pricey if you want anything besides a standard model. Thought they have some "free or like free" offers you normally have to sign at least a 2 year contract to get this item. They have unlimited nights and weekends on my plan, unlimited texting and free cingular to cingular so I think its worth it for the money. I think for 3 phones my bill for them is 70 a month if that much and our minutes roll over.

My best friend has Alltell though and he loves it hes had it for about the same amount of time. I think the best thing you can do is look a the top companies see what they have to offer and go that route. Ive heard some people who have had luck with smaller companies but there is always a risk with them. Hope you find a decent carrier though.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:16 am

I have Cingular and I hate it. But I hate all the other providers too. I live in a cell-phone dead zone so I can never get reception without going almost across the street. But most people have Cingular, I think, and you'll save money that way because your calls to them will be free.