Your lipstick could be toxic with lead; please read!

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Your lipstick could be toxic with lead; please read!

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:44 am

I know some people here most likely wear lipstick. Well considering other peoples health, like always, I decided to post this here to give you guys a heads up.

61% of lipstick in the United States has been tested as toxic with lead.

Brands included are Cover Girl, L'Oreal and Christian Dior.

The FDA says te lipsticks meet standards set by lipstick companies; they have strict limits for led levels allowed in colored lip sticks.

To test your lipstick for lead, put your lipstick in your hand, and use a 14/24 carat gold ring to scratch on the lipstick. If the lipstick turns black, it has lead in it, and you are to throw it out. However if your lipstick is already black....well I don't know what to tell you about that. =\

This was just ran as a story on the local news, and of course, I can't let friends (or family, I sent it to some family aswell) get sick from possibly not knowing. So be careful next time you wanna look pretty!
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:32 am

yeah, I ran across this same thing posted on MSN. We've freaked out about food and toys. This doesn't surprise me. Not that I'm trying to make too light of this, you understand. it's just that the poison alerts just don't stop this year.

I'm not too worried. I use very little lipstick as it is. As long as everyone remembers to lighten it up, don't try to imitate a clown and to give yourself time off from it, we should all be fine. Like all things, moderation keeps you healthier longer.

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:23 am

Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.