Britney Spears has lost physical custody of her kids

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:39 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
_Alexander_ wrote:

I don't really see how she is neglecting he kids. I constantly see her carrying one of them on her arm, she is taking them on boat rides and playing with them. But of course, we don't see what is going on 24/7, although we see enough.
Driving straight into on-coming traffic with her kids in the backseat and running around the house naked screaming at her kids doesn't count as neglecting her children? Even if those stories are false rumors spread by the tabloids, how is Britney refusing to seek help for her drug and alcohol addictions not count as neglecting her kids? That's not exactly what I call being a good role model for her children. If that's being a good mother, what kind of message is that sending to her children? That it's ok to do drugs and abuse alcohol, go in and out of rehabs like it's some new fashion trend, go to desparate lengths to seek attention by shaving your head off in public for no reason, then turn around and whine when people start talking about you and ignore help from others for no reason at all? Britney Spears is nothing more than an attention whore trying desperately to hang onto that last fifteen minutes of fame that expired a long time ago. And when you stop and think about it, really that's what her whole "music" career has been about.
I agree that she should seek help, both for herself and for Sean Preston and Jayden James but I think she is too selfish to even realize that she has a problem. She gets rid of the people who questions her and hangs around yes-men. I don't think that she has been doing anything wrong with the kids, at least not before these few weeks/month since Social Service was at her house twice and conidered her a good mom that does not put her kids in danger.
Britney is definately not an artist who has her fifteen minutes of fame, she has sold over 76 million albums, is the eight best-selling female artist in USA. She has had 7 number 1's in the world, she is just more popular outside of the US where people don't talk that much shit about her.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:56 pm

wow reading this thread over im seeing some pretty harsh things. As Ive said before im not really one of them people who care about Mrs Spears. But I think as a human being a bit of compassion is needed. No one is perfect, did she mess up big time? Yeah. But there are plenty of women who call themselves mothers who mess up even worst then she does. Only difference is their faces arent all over the media. Its alot easy to throw stones at someone who is popular and in the news all the time. Is it her fault her shame is worldwide news? Id say maybe 50 percent. But come on just the fact that we have a thread about her means people are interested in these minute aspects of her life. Its like that with alot of celebrities and its like passing a car wreck even if you dont want to look it grabs your attention for some reason.

I think the other fifty percent is split between the Media and peoplw who cannot seem to do anything else but support such stories. When I was younger celebrities lives werent as popular news topics as they are today, maybe a cover on star magazine or a feature on lifestyles of the rich and famous here and there. But now youve got news shows doing 10-15 mins segements just on popular entertainment. So if people really want the whole "Britney" thing to go away ya have to start looking away from it. Just like a toddler pitching a fit if you dont feed into it it will die down. With stars its the same if you stop giving the attention they will eventually get that "ugh my self destructive phase is passee" and move on to something else. (more then likely something that seems so charitable) lol.

My whole concern as I said before is for the boys, bad parenting asside having celebrity parents who act the way Brit an Kevin do will affect them later on in life and its sad. And just like Anna's baby I only hope they can live all this crap down when they are old enough to know better.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:14 pm

And nobody said "regular" people weren't bad mothers, too. But the point of this thread is that Britney IS a celebrity, and so therefore, she's going to be covered/displayed as such. That's just a fact of being famous. If she doesn't want bad publicity, then she needs to shape the fuck up, end of story.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:40 pm

My other problem with this whole mess is how she's treating everything so lightly. It's like she doesn't even want the kids anymore.

What makes me say that? Well, look at how she's been recently, with skipping court appearances and just handing them over two days before the deadline. If I were in her shoes (assuming I'm not behaving as wildly as she has been) and I was told I had to do x, y, and z or else I would lose my children, you can damn well bet that I would do all those and then some in order to keep custody of them. My relationship with their father would be irrelevant, because they'd be MY children, I would love them, and do anything for them. I don't see her doing that.

Sometimes it seems like she treated her boys less like her sons and more like new trinkets to display. I mean, come on. Why the hell would you take kids that young out to dinner at 10PM? They'd have more fun staying home and eating (and wearing!) spaghetti. I wonder if she thought being a mother would be all fun and no work, then just got fed up, and that's why she isn't fighting to keep custody of her kids.

Also, something else I've heard mentioned and just noticed myself. Notice that Britney got into the pursedog craze; where are those dogs now? Asides from the new Yorkie pup she got a few months ago, I haven't heard anything about BitBit or any of her other pooches. (And the fact I remember her Chihuahua's name is BitBit scares me slightly. :shock: )

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:04 pm

She's also lost visitation rights
http://omg.yahoo.com/judge-yanks-britne ... /news/3204

-_- Ok, my sympathy is gone.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:18 pm

You see what I mean?

She doesn't want to shape up, so therefore, she never will.

I pity those kids. They're the only ones who have my sympathy. Britney never will.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:02 am

The kids just need to be in foster care. Britney obviously isn't a good parent....she doesnt WANT to be a parent... And Kevin Federslime....ugh, something about him just gives me the creeps. Something tells me he just isn't the father of the year like everyone's making him. Those poor kids are gonna have so many issues, I can tell.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:14 am

Neon Heart wrote:The kids just need to be in foster care. Britney obviously isn't a good parent....she doesnt WANT to be a parent... And Kevin Federslime....ugh, something about him just gives me the creeps. Something tells me he just isn't the father of the year like everyone's making him. Those poor kids are gonna have so many issues, I can tell.
I think that's a little extreme, considering Britney's mother seems to be very involved in the kids' welfare. I know (I think) I bashed her earlier in this thread, but Lynne Spears actually cares about those kids (Britney thought she was "on Kevin's side"). But I don't see Kevin losing custody unless Britney can prove some kind of drug-abuse.