If you could go back in time...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:22 am

Parallax wrote:I'd go back to 1979 during the Iran Hostage Crisis, assassinate Khomeni, and wipe out the Revolutionary Guard. Then bitch-slap Jimmy Carter for letting it get as far as it did and then put the Shah back in.
I'd go back to 1979 just to bitch-slap Jimmy Carter.

The rest would just be a perk.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:12 pm

I'd go back to ancient times to go see to the Colossus at Rhodes and the Coliseum in their glory. Then bounce forward to Elizabethan England to try and recreate Pride and Prejudice to find a Mr. Darcy.

...Don't look at me like that.
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:15 am

one thing I would do is go back to the 60's or early 70's (not sure when the exact date would be but if I was able to do this I would research it first).

I have no real interest in those time periods but I am a big fan of Doctor Who and a lot of the early episodes were lost around this time. I would go back and make copies of all the lost episodes and then bring them back to the present and tell people I "found" them.

I would become a big hero in the geek world :)
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm

I'd go back in time so that I could prevent all the bad things that I did in my life

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:29 pm

I would go back during the 60s-80s. Also the Women's Rights Movement, the beginning part of it. I would also like to go to Ancient China and Ancient Japan, and both World Wars.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:38 pm

I would go back to 90's and re live all the awesomeness of the 90's, also the 1980's would be a very fun time to live in as well as the 50's.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:58 pm

I'd go back to 1995 and tell Pioneer that it is their duty to dub the anime series Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon before Dic gets a hold of it and I'd tell them under no circumstances hire a company called Optimum productions or a writer named Lisa Lumby. I'd also relive my childhood. And change all the mistakes I made since I was like ten or something. Also I think I would try and live in the fourties or fifties.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:27 pm

HighC wrote:I'd go back to 1995 and tell Pioneer that it is their duty to dub the anime series Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon before Dic gets a hold of it and I'd tell them under no circumstances hire a company called Optimum productions or a writer named Lisa Lumby. I'd also relive my childhood. And change all the mistakes I made since I was like ten or something. Also I think I would try and live in the fourties or fifties.
I would have probably gone back in time to kill Lumby before she got her hands on a Sailor Moon episode. :twisted:
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:46 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
HighC wrote:I'd go back to 1995 and tell Pioneer that it is their duty to dub the anime series Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon before Dic gets a hold of it and I'd tell them under no circumstances hire a company called Optimum productions or a writer named Lisa Lumby. I'd also relive my childhood. And change all the mistakes I made since I was like ten or something. Also I think I would try and live in the fourties or fifties.
I would have probably gone back in time to kill Lumby before she got her hands on a Sailor Moon episode. :twisted:
Aw, that's going too far...

Well, as for me, first thing I do is to go back to my childhood, and then study all the thing I did back then and learn from them, as well as relieve on what happened during my life. After that, I go back to the 1990's and look around and the see what I missed back then, like all of the TV shows/premieres/anything I missed or didn't care about back then.

Then, I would go back to the 1940's and watch cartoons when they first premiered. Also, can't hurt to look around my grandparent's generation and see the effects of WWII...

Then, after going through of the decades, from '00 to '99, I'll go to the future and see if I/the world became stupider or not.

That is, if the time space continuum doesn't screw up and that I didn't died from the Earth being moved after that deviart picture I saw once ... :wink:

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:24 pm

I would go back to the 30s-50s. That's the Golden Age of Hollywood and musicals right there.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:13 am

Era-wise, the 50's looked the most interesting to me... Time of innocence and all that. Sometimes you just gotta see things to believe them.

Personally-wise, I'd like to go back maybe, 6 or 7 years when I was 10 or so and build better foundations with my family and really appreciate what that means. You don't miss something until it's gone kind of thing. I also think it would be fun to be a kid again for a sec and just chill.