If you could go back in time...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

If you could go back in time...

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:22 pm

If you could step into a time machine, would you go back in time? Would you go forward? Would you go back to relive a special time? Or would you go into a decade you weren't even alive in, or were just a baby?

If I could step into a time machine, I would go back in time, and go back to the 80s and 90s. The 80s just seemed like they would be fun, lots of good music, and I'll admit, I like all the big hair and outrageous clothes. ^_^ Then I'd check out the 90s, and try living in a time where I was only really little, and just try and live a little more through that time.

What about you guys? :3
Last edited by Neon Heart on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:25 pm

I wanna be a hippy. =D

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:36 pm

Tiff wrote:I wanna be a hippy. =D
Yeah, dude. (^^)V

^ ^ ^ ROFL

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:55 am

I want to meet myself from the future. Like, maybe at age 25. I'm very anxious to know what happens to myself, because I'm completely clueless with the present at the moment.

And I might go back in time to the 50's, so I can wear an authentic poodle skirt and "rock around the clock tonight." =D
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:01 am

Id go back to ancient Eygpt just so I could see for myself how the great pyramids were constructed. Or maybe to the french revolutions so I could see an actual guillotine in work. Or maybe go back to England in the days of "Jack the Ripper" and finally solve that crime, though I think it was that nobleman forget his name right now that got away with that crime.

Im a history buff so those would be the type of things id like to see.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 am

I don't know HOW MANY places I'd go to... but if I could interfere... The president would be Al Gore.

Aside from that... Probably go to see one of the classic dogfights. Or, see the Manhatten project.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:24 pm

I'd probably go back and check out major events in history, talk to scholars of Ancient Greece and Rome including talking to Plato about Atlantis, talk with some of the great scientists of recent centuries like Newton and Einstein, then probably relive the last 10 years or less of my life making a few changes here and there.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:30 pm

I would be a bit weary of going to the past. the risk of completely destroying the future where I am born is too high.

Now if I could somehow cloak myself and simply observe then Id go to lots of places.

Going to the great library of alexandria and making copies of all those lost texts would be one thing Id like to do.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:38 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:I would be a bit weary of going to the past. the risk of completely destroying the future where I am born is too high.

Now if I could somehow cloak myself and simply observe then Id go to lots of places.

Going to the great library of alexandria and making copies of all those lost texts would be one thing Id like to do.
I didnt even think about the library that would be awesome I can only imagine what lost tales and tomes were destroyed by the fire.

As for my past as much crap as ive seen and been threw I dont think id change a thing because its led me to some of the best times in my life. sometimes I think id go back and warn myself of things but meh my life hasnt been all bad.

Id also like to go to the future for a moment to see how much more technology plays a role in daily life, I wonder if robots will take over the world...LOL.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:34 pm

Ok, so I've been thinking about this.... I don't think I'd go back in time at all. It's just so complicated! If you go back in your own life, you can screw things up majorly. Even going back to say, the dinosaur age, you might accidentally squash some bug, then return to the future and find out that that bug was somehow important, and now the future is messed up (wasn't that a simpson episode...?) And then there's also fun stuff like time paradoxes, which I'm not even going to get into because all this spacy/sciencey stuff makes my brain hurt.

Eh, I'm probably taking this too seriously :roll:

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:03 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:Ok, so I've been thinking about this.... I don't think I'd go back in time at all. It's just so complicated! If you go back in your own life, you can screw things up majorly. Even going back to say, the dinosaur age, you might accidentally squash some bug, then return to the future and find out that that bug was somehow important, and now the future is messed up (wasn't that a simpson episode...?) And then there's also fun stuff like time paradoxes, which I'm not even going to get into because all this spacy/sciencey stuff makes my brain hurt.

No you're not. I agree with you =P

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:50 am

Tiff wrote:
the*blue*girl wrote:Ok, so I've been thinking about this.... I don't think I'd go back in time at all. It's just so complicated! If you go back in your own life, you can screw things up majorly. Even going back to say, the dinosaur age, you might accidentally squash some bug, then return to the future and find out that that bug was somehow important, and now the future is messed up (wasn't that a simpson episode...?) And then there's also fun stuff like time paradoxes, which I'm not even going to get into because all this spacy/sciencey stuff makes my brain hurt.

No you're not. I agree with you =P
So does Ray Bradbury. Even when you factor in that stupid movie.

But if I could go back....I'd probably go back to a week last Tuesday.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:26 am

I wouldn't worry about paradoxes for traveling back in time. I don't think there's anything I could do to the past that wasn't supposed to happen to the past. History has already happened, and anything you do in history has... well, already happened.

Traveling to the future would be a different story, 'cause I don't believe that the future is written in stone. I haven't really figured out how that mess might work, but I wouldn't want to do it anyway. I don't want to know what will/might happen. Living in fear or expectation of what's to come would just ruin my day-to-day life.

I don't think anything I just said made sense... =D

Anyway, I would like to go back to ancient times. It would be worth it to see lost cultures in motion, the great inventors and philosophers, and the regular schmucks that have shaped history.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:23 am

lol, NGH, I thought everything you said made perfect sense.

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:57 pm

I just thought about it and thought I dont think it would have changed much I think if I could go back in time id go back to right before I had my son and plan it where my mom could have been there when I had him. thought my family got down to see us a few days later. My mom and I were talking the other night about how she wishes she could have been there and I told her how I aggrivated the poor nurses whinning for her lol. I think if it didnt mess up anything in the future timeline id definately go back and do that.

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:34 pm

I would go back and destroy DiC and Cloverway so no badly dubbed sailro moon HURRAAH! *cough*

Anyway, I'd go back into the 80's and 70's and tell my mother not to get rid of her lace, madonna gloves! And her red, Michael Jackson Thriller-esque jacket.

And then, I would have them =^^=.

I'd also go bavk in time to the 90's for a Malice Mizer concert (Complete with a alive Kami!)

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:15 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:I would go back and destroy DiC and Cloverway so no badly dubbed sailro moon HURRAAH! *cough*

Thus leaving us with Toonmakers Sailor Moon, and a high suicide rate among anime fans. o_o;

lmao.

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:13 pm

Neon Heart wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:I would go back and destroy DiC and Cloverway so no badly dubbed sailro moon HURRAAH! *cough*

Thus leaving us with Toonmakers Sailor Moon, and a high suicide rate among anime fans. o_o;

lmao.
Fuhgot about Toonmakers *slaps self*

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:03 pm

I love the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s for their fashion and pop culture, but if I had to pick a time to go back to, it'd either be the 70s for the clothes, music, cheasy T.V. and movies, or the 80's for pretty much the same thing. The 70s and 80s were completey different, but I love them for the same things.

*go teases her hair, puts on neon colours and dances to new wave*
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:57 pm

I'd go back to 1979 during the Iran Hostage Crisis, assassinate Khomeni, and wipe out the Revolutionary Guard. Then bitch-slap Jimmy Carter for letting it get as far as it did and then put the Shah back in.
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"