Transformers Movie

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Locked
User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Transformers Movie

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:24 pm

Now there is offiacaly 25 days untill thge new Transfomrers movie is released and I just can't wait. I just saw the trailer on youtube and I almosed died right there. The speical effects look flawless in my opinion and Speilburg is the exetuctive producer and he is behind alot of my favorite movies. Even my mother, who hates what she calls "nerd stuff" like this really wants to see this movie!

It already has an award too. ("Best Summer Movie You Haven't Seen Yet" at the 2007 MTV Movie Awards)

I saw Bumblebee. I want to have its babies. Its sexy.Yum.

So, is anyone else as hyped as I am? X3

I'm confused. The website has the relase date 7-3-07. A day before the trailers rease date[/i]
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:43 am

And to make matters worse, some places are saying that it's going to air on the 2nd instead. I just need to keep my eyes opened toward the theaters here to find out when they'll be showing it, because I'm DEFINITELY going opening night.

Anyone who knows me well enough can tell you how much of a Transformers fan I am; I've collected most of the Starscream figures out there at the moment, and I have season 1 and the original movie (both the first release and the 20th anniversary reissue) sitting on my DVD shelves. I'm also a HUGE G1 fan, despite the fact that the writing was rather sub-par and the plots were at times laughable; I definitely find the character designs there to be my favorite. Nevertheless, I LOVE what has been done to them for the movie. Sure, they look alien, both in the "from another planet" sense and in the "odd and unfamiliar" sense, but it works for a group of creatures that, literally, come from another world. Some of the designs took some getting used to, but they grew on me. The CGI looks spectacular, and from the trailers, the battles look to be amazing, and the transformation sequences are rendered perfectly, even including the traditional gear-shift transformation sounds from the original cartoon. Now, I'm not expecting Shakespearean writing from this movie, but honestly, no one should; it's a typical summer blockbuster, replete with giant fighting robots, needless destruction, and product placement in all sectors of the marketplace...it's Transformers to a T :D
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 am

Starscream wrote:And to make matters worse, some places are saying that it's going to air on the 2nd instead. I just need to keep my eyes opened toward the theaters here to find out when they'll be showing it, because I'm DEFINITELY going opening night.
Ditto to that. I'm going the night before it comes out. <3 Yay for my movie theater.

My dad got rid of all his Transformers merchandise and now I just have to wait to see if they make toys for this movie ;_;
I could only hope. I want bumblebee ><Its so damn cute!

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:34 am

Starscream wrote:
Anyone who knows me well enough can tell you how much of a Transformers fan I am
NOO. YOU? *incredulous shock*

XD

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Post by Starscream » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:14 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:...now I just have to wait to see if they make toys for this movie ;_;
I could only hope. I want bumblebee ><Its so damn cute!
They're already out in stores here in the States; Target, Toys 'R Us, and Walmart have them, and I'm sure KB Toys does, too.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:18 pm

Starscream wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:...now I just have to wait to see if they make toys for this movie ;_;
I could only hope. I want bumblebee ><Its so damn cute!
They're already out in stores here in the States; Target, Toys 'R Us, and Walmart have them, and I'm sure KB Toys does, too.
o_o; Really..?

I havent seen them

User avatar
MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 1640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:07 am
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Contact:

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:09 pm

I'm kinda torn right now, because I obviously want to see the movie, but part of me wants to wait for the unrated DVD to come out. The movie was originally rated R and it's been bumped down to PG-13, so I'd rather see the original cut. I'll probably see it in the theaters regardless though.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08


This list seems to keep on growing. =(

User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:13 pm

MarioKnight wrote:I'm kinda torn right now, because I obviously want to see the movie, but part of me wants to wait for the unrated DVD to come out. The movie was originally rated R and it's been bumped down to PG-13, so I'd rather see the original cut. I'll probably see it in the theaters regardless though.
I can see why that would be done. I mean this movie is going to be popular among kids and having it rated R..? That going to cut ALOOOT of box office counts.Tranfromers was a show MY father watched as a kid. I don't see WHAT in this movie would make it R..? A sex scene..? Excessive Swearing..? Extreme Voilence/gore..? (Don't see where the Gore might come from O-o; ) Scary/ frightning images..? I fail to see why ^^;


Edit: Found an atricle http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/03/08/tra ... -r-rating/

In the articleit said he argued his way...not that he changed altered the movie. However, the article is very vause so I may just be assuming.

I think the MPAA was being way to over judging the action in this movie. I highly doubt the action is SO INTESNE AND VOILENT it receives an R rating.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

User avatar
Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1149
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA.
Contact:

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:43 pm

I fail to see how a Transformers movie could merit an R rating when the original animated movie was rated PG and it had swearing and death in it. :shock:
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:27 pm

:D The movie was really good. I saw it last night X3

Still...3 hours @[email protected] I didn't sleep at all last night

User avatar
Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:49 am

Post by Aya Reiko » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Starscream wrote:And to make matters worse, some places are saying that it's going to air on the 2nd instead. I just need to keep my eyes opened toward the theaters here to find out when they'll be showing it, because I'm DEFINITELY going opening night.
Ditto to that. I'm going the night before it comes out. <3 Yay for my movie theater.

My dad got rid of all his Transformers merchandise and now I just have to wait to see if they make toys for this movie ;_;
I could only hope. I want bumblebee ><Its so damn cute!
I got a Bumblebee and a Barricade the other day. I would've gotten a Starscream if the Target I went to had one.

If you're still interested, you can head here to find what's being offered and where.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

User avatar
Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:37 am

I admit I wouldn't mind seeing this.

I loved the cartoon as a kid (until the movie completely ruined it), and I was an avid collector of the marvel comic, and the toys.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

User avatar
the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:07 pm
Location: The Guard Room
Contact:

Post by the*blue*girl » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:30 pm

I finally saw it, and I have to say I liked it. I didn't think I would because I'm not a big robot-alien-car type person. I thought the music and special effects were great, the action scenes intense, and the humor really funny.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.



User avatar
Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:49 am

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:03 am

You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

User avatar
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:31 am
Location: Australia

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:35 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:I fail to see how a Transformers movie could merit an R rating when the original animated movie was rated PG and it had swearing and death in it. :shock:
Maybe because it's more violent? Utterances of "Shit" and death do not an R-rated movie make.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

User avatar
Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: Insane Asylum
Contact:

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:46 am

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:I fail to see how a Transformers movie could merit an R rating when the original animated movie was rated PG and it had swearing and death in it. :shock:
Maybe because it's more violent? Utterances of "Shit" and death do not an R-rated movie make.
*shrug* I saw it. I didn't see anything R material. (Violence Wise)
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Locked