Name your quirks

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Starscream wrote:Books: Oh dear Lord, I HATE when books get any kind of creases on them. Internal page-bends are alright, as in when impromptu-bookmarking
You're pretty wild and non-OCD compared to me, then. I can't stand impromptu-bookmarking. Whenever I saw people in school doing that, I'd want to smack them upside the head and ask what they were thinking. Just take a sheet of paper and tear a bit of it off or something.

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:15 pm

You know what's weird about me? For some reason I almost always wait till its an emergency before I go to the bathroom. I feel the need to go but if its not immediate I ignore it till I can't any more and I have to make a mad dash to the bathroom :shock: :?

Also when I am going to take a shower always gather up what I'm going to wear and bring it into the bathroom with me so can get dressed in there. But I almost always just put my bra and panties on and wrap a towel around me after I dry off, and I take my clothes into my bed room and finish dressing in there. And I always do this! And my older sister asks me why I bother to bring all my clothes into the bathroom if I'm not going to get completely dressed in there. And I don't know why.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:52 pm

Somthing I just realized today - I refuse to eat pasta when we have no cheese. Same thing for french fries. I can't stand to eat one without the other.

....Cause I need some pasta with my cheese! (Yes...I use THAT MUCH)

Also, when one nail has chipped fingernail polish, it either has to be fixed imedietly, or ALL of the nail polish comes off. I hate chiped nailpolish. Its the devil.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:38 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:Somthing I just realized today - I refuse to eat pasta when we have no cheese. Same thing for french fries. I can't stand to eat one without the other.

Same here with the cheese. I use a ridiculous amount.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 pm

Tiff wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:Somthing I just realized today - I refuse to eat pasta when we have no cheese. Same thing for french fries. I can't stand to eat one without the other.

Same here with the cheese. I use a ridiculous amount.
Same here too!

Other quirks :

I like things to be centered. If you are in front of me in your webcam, I'll probably ask you to center yourself :D . It's totally ridiculous, sniff. :P

I like "odd" recipes :D . Like chicory, apple and balsamic sauce salad. I usually add "gables of pine" but I used a transaltor for that term so I don't know if it's the correct term. My friend and I have also come up with veal and maple syrup sauce that tastes delicious XD .

I like to sort out my dishes before I wash them. Plates with plates, knives and forks with knives and forks, and so on. And I wash them type after type.

Other than that, I'll ask my Thomas. He'll know :D .
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Tiff wrote: Same here with the cheese. I use a ridiculous amount.
I thought I was the only person!!! Yay!!! Fellow Cheese drowners (Thats what Momma calls me).

I feel sorry for resteraunts. I use up all their cheese >.>;
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:56 pm

Idiosyncrises (sp?) are awesome:

-I never let my nails get long, they don't even have that white part on them that most nails have. I'm always biting them.
-When I'm taking a shower, I always out my towels ontop of the toilet.
-I always sleep on the left side of my bed... If I don't I get really uncomfortable really fast. It's retarded.
-I won't sleep unless my feet are covered. I've convinced myself that my feet will get eaten unless the blanket is there to prevent this.

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:50 pm

I have to have toilet paper or paper towel with the flap facing forward, I can't have it on back wards or it drives me nuts

When I'm out to eat some where and I grab some napkins and I happen to grab a little more than what I needed, I have to use all the napkins that I grabbed. Even if it means wiping my hands for every little thing I touch I feel that I have to use them so they won't go to waste.

I will not touch the handle on the door of the bathroom in a public restroom. I always use the paper towel that I dried my hands with to open the door than I throw it out. Or I'll kick the door open with my foot or use the hem of my blouse or jacket to open the door. What ever, but I will not touch the door handle of a public restroom with my bare hands after I've washed them.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:35 pm

A few more:

-if a website I have on my favorites goes down, I will check it obsessivly to see if it goes back up, even if it's a site I don't visit much otherwise.

-when I'm standing on a dock at low tide, I always half-expect to see a corpse in the water. I don't think about it much at high tide, though there have been times I've taken my feet out of the water so that I don't get grabbed by drowned zombies... >_>;;

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:53 pm

Here are some more:

I cannot stand the color green for candy or for drinks. I wont drink any kind of greenish drink, and if an m&m is green I give it to my nephew (my son wont eat green either lol maybe its heraditary) This does not extend to veggies which I love (ugh save spinach blech) but for candy and coolaid and even mixed drinks I wont touch anything green especially dayglo green.

I like doing things in 3s alot lately to I dunno why but triplicate seems to be a habit im forming.

And I cant go to bed if I know I have email unchecked in my inbox, or new post to read in these and other forums im in. I dunno how many times its been the wee hours and if I see a message even if its a new post in the forums I cant go to bed till ive checked it.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:35 pm

You don't even eat those mints with the green stripes on them? I love those things.

Anyway, some of my quirks, hmmmm
Oh! When I'm walking next to someone, even if it's just some random guy on the street, I have to match up my step pattern with theirs. I count a lot. I know that there are 36 sections of red on the cover of my little brother's favourite book. I don't know if this one counts (It's a condition), but if I'm awake, I have to move. I can't stand still. I normally just tap my foot or fingers so people don't notice.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Aishiteru wrote:You don't even eat those mints with the green stripes on them? I love those things.
Nope no green at all. I remember one year a friend of mines mom got upset cause I wouldnt try her fruit cake, but it had a big green blog where I guess the green cherries she used formed and I couldnt do it, it looked like a huge spore (blech)
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

wink568
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by wink568 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm trying to think of some, lol...

Lets see. When my phone rings, even if it's right in front of me, I need to let it ring twice before I'll answer it. This only counts for my house phone.

I always need a glass of water beside me before bed. I feel like I'll wake up thirsty. Sometimes I'll forget to take one out of my room, and I'll have like two or three glasses of water, sometimes half full or less because I didn't drink it all.

I color code my agenda book for school. Tests, exams, and project due dates are red. Assignments due the next day are black, and assignments due later on are blue.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:07 pm

wink568 wrote:
I always need a glass of water beside me before bed. I feel like I'll wake up thirsty. Sometimes I'll forget to take one out of my room, and I'll have like two or three glasses of water, sometimes half full or less because I didn't drink it all.
Me too. I haven't slept without a glass of water next to me in 6 years. It drives my parents nuts because I ALWAYS forget to take the glasses out, so I'll accumulate 4 or 5 before they have to threaten me to make me clean them out.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.