Name your quirks

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Name your quirks

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:27 pm

If anyone has ever watched that episode of friends where Monica talks about her compulsiveness you'll know what this topic is about. On a blog site once a group of friends and I once listed some of our most extreme oddities and habits. Id thought it be fun to see who would share their oddities here. Here are a few of mine

I love having stuff aligned right from books to cds and it bugs me if even one is crooked. It also goes for when I stack food in the pantry and align frozen stuff in the freezer I just like the organized look and makes it easier to find stuff for me though ive been told im compulsive about it.

I hate seeing anytime fall on :13 (ie 1:13, 2:13 etc) and will stop everything im doing till it changes till 14 mins after. I also think its sometimes lucky when I see the clock hit 6:16 cause thats my birthday and lucky number lol...yeah im abit addled.

I hate shoes I know I have to wear them outside the house but if im in my home im mostly barefoot and on long car rides I take them off as well.

I sometimes like to sit in the shower cause it feels like rain only cleaner

I cannot wear mixed matched undergarments it bugs the heck out of me if they dont match (I blame my mom and that if you ever get into an accident crap)

I wont sleep with my closet door open its mostly superstitious reasons

And no matter how big the bed is I always end up sleeping on the right side I just cant seem to sleep properly on the left or in the middle.

Hehe those are just a few of my quirky antics id put more but im sure i'll get some 0.0 from this as it is LOL.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:29 pm

I guess a lot of my quirks are OCD worthy, but I'm not so sure, about that one. Some of my quirks are:

Everything HAS to be even.

I refuse to touch anything in my house that's dirty, but I have no trouble touching anything else that might be dirty, that's out of my house.

I rearrange uneven looking things at the grocery store so they are even and orderly.

If I spin around in one direction, I have to spin back around the opposite way.

Sometimes I count the number of steps I take, otherwise it feels off balance if I don't.

I'm always messing with my hair, even if I 'don't realize it'. I just do it.

Whenever I listen to music, I have to have the Weather Channel on, and muted.

I have a weird knack for recalling certain events by date; what happened on this day, what year it was, and sometimes, what the time was.

[insert 500 more quirks here]
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Kohdok
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Kohdok » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:06 am

Oh man, where to begin?

I tend to balance on the curb rather than walk in the street or on the sidewalk.

When on the sidewalk, I tend to avoid stepping on the same section of concrete more than once.

When drawing anime-style, I usually start with the head. When drawing a real person, I usually start with the arms and shoulders.

I'm awfully sneaky for a 6'1", 235lb. individual.

When playing video games, I often wear no socks and fiddle with the controller cord with my toes.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:44 am

Heh. Quirks.

I fidget a lot. So much so, it drives people insane and I have to change positions so I'm forced to stop.

If the picture frames are not straight, they must become straight. Levels are not out of the question.

Fear sends me into research mode. The more scared I am of something, the more I have to know about it.

I'm not a neat freak at home, but I'm always straightening things up in stores.

I talk to myself almost constantly if there's no one else in the room with me. I also talk to other "people," and, of course, I talk to whoever might be up in the sky willing to listen to my rambling. In fact, the only time I'm not talking is when somebody is with me. Then I have nothing to say.

I love to walk around in the dark. I'll turn off all the lights in my house and walk around. If I have the time, I can do it for hours. It is commonly accompanied by that talking to myself thing.

I don't like to kill spiders if I can avoid it. I have respect for them, and a certain admiration for the way they are constructed. I will, however, shout and flail if one touches me.

There is almost always a new tune being improvised in my head. Usually when I'm trying to get to sleep.

I eat M&M's two at a time, and they really should be the same color. I eat my least favorite colors first, leaving blue and green for last.

If there is a retaining wall, I will walk on it instead of the sidewalk. This tends to earn me stares, seeing as how I am no longer small, cute, and eight years old.

Round waffles must be made square. Then they must be quartered. Only then will they be REAL waffles.

So on and so forth. Blah, blah, blah.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:58 am

Okay...

I fidgit. Way too much, all the time, and I can't stay still for long.

If I'm asked questions too much, I'll start getting stressed and annoyed... really sucks during band because I sit next to someone that's blind.

When kids blow off schoolwork during class, and instead go on and on, without shutting up, about another worthless thing. recently:
"OMG I WANT IHOP NOW. OMG MCDONALDS IS SOOOOOO GOOD I WANNA EAT MCDONALDS NOW."

When parents go insane over driving habits. My dad always is telling people how to drive, my mom is too timid, and my sister will get stressed out because Dad is a hypocrite in everythign when he drives.

I randomly start thinking of music/comedy movies during class. Recently: Monsters Inc lines were going through my head during my Japanese test. X_x;

Whenever my hair sticks up, It'll irritate me for the rest of the day until it sticks down/I manage to find something to keep it down.

Hair gel drives me insane.

I never want to do whatever is 'in style' currently for looks... but parents AND sister always are telling me to, and I'd rather not.

Cuticles, or whatever they're called, bug me to no end, so even with braces, I'll bite at them and other skin around... so I'll end up using tons of band-aids to STOP me from biting at them.

on and on, but I can't think of much else...
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:12 pm

I have to keep all cupboard and closet doors and drawers in the house closed. It drives me insane if they aren't. This also goes for when I'm sleeping...the closet door must be closed, but the bedroom door must stay open.

I have to eat my M&M's in a certain order. I divide them by color, and then eat the groups from largest to smallest.

When I eat spaghetti, I load it up with the powdered parmesian cheese...but when the noodles are gone, I eat the cheese plain in little powerdy piles on my plate. >_>; It's like...a ritual.

I have to sleep on the left side of the bed. Also, I have to sleep with a blanket, even if it's really, really hot. It has to at least be a sheet.

I cannot sleep naked. For some bizarre reason, it terrifies me.

I like to let my ice cream melt, so it's soupy and slurpable. I also like my cereal to be a bit soggy.

No matter how good a food tastes, if the texture rubs me the wrong way, I cannot bring myself to eat it.

I have this strange compulsion where I will write my name over and over and over, in many different ways.

I do not like pink...EXCEPT when it applies to Hello Kitty. I love my pink Hello Kitty bathroom, but don't care for pink when it applies elsewhere, like clothing (I own one pink shirt) or non-Kitty decor.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:37 pm

Tiff wrote: I have to eat my M&M's in a certain order. I divide them by color, and then eat the groups from largest to smallest.

I have to sleep on the left side of the bed. Also, I have to sleep with a blanket, even if it's really, really hot. It has to at least be a sheet.
I'm guilty of these two, myself. No matter how hot it gets my butt HAS to be covered or I won't be able to sleep.

The only difference with M&Ms is that I eat the smallest group to the largest.

When ever I eat out from a restaurant that wraps your burgers in paper or foil, like Wendy's or Burger King, I fold the wrappers into squares. If I have fries I place the neatly folded papers into the empty fry box. I do the same thing with straw wrappers. I continue to fold them until they become a nice little square. And those paper rings that hold together a napkin and silverware in most dine-in restaurants.

When I eat I have to eat it in order. If the food consists of corn, green beans, rice and meatloaf I eat the food one at a time. Like, I'll eat the rice first, then the corn, beans and then the meatloaf. I can't just take a bite of this and a bite of that. One food item at a time. The only I'm I skip something is if I don't like it and then I move on to the next in line.

I'm sure I have more, but those are my big things that I can easily remember.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:12 pm

Tiff wrote:

I cannot sleep naked. For some bizarre reason, it terrifies me.

I like to let my ice cream melt, so it's soupy and slurpable. I also like my cereal to be a bit soggy.

Wow the first one describes myself mom and grandma to the tee about the blanket or sheet I cannot sleep without something covering me it could be really hot and I still need a blanket.

And mmm my favorite is semi soggy cheerios and used to be soggy captain crunch. Icecream soup is the best as well ^_^
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:54 am

Tempest wrote:
I'm guilty of these two, myself. No matter how hot it gets my butt HAS to be covered or I won't be able to sleep.

XDD the blanket thing sucks, because it gets so hot in TX and yet I still have to be covered. When our air went out last summer for acouple of days, it was hell, because i was half in my sheet and half out, dying.

When I eat I have to eat it in order. If the food consists of corn, green beans, rice and meatloaf I eat the food one at a time. Like, I'll eat the rice first, then the corn, beans and then the meatloaf. I can't just take a bite of this and a bite of that. One food item at a time. The only I'm I skip something is if I don't like it and then I move on to the next in line.
That's Derek right there. He also eats all of his french fries first when he gets a burger and fries...he finall told me the reason:

"When I was a kid, my dad was too cheap to buy french fries for each of us when we ate fast food. So we all had to share one box of french fries, and it was a battle between me and my sister...if you didn't eat them all at once, you didn't get ANY."

Cheap ass.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:18 pm

Tiff wrote:
Tempest wrote:

XDD the blanket thing sucks, because it gets so hot in TX and yet I still have to be covered. When our air went out last summer for acouple of days, it was hell, because i was half in my sheet and half out, dying.

That's Derek right there. He also eats all of his french fries first when he gets a burger and fries...he finall told me the reason:

"When I was a kid, my dad was too cheap to buy french fries for each of us when we ate fast food. So we all had to share one box of french fries, and it was a battle between me and my sister...if you didn't eat them all at once, you didn't get ANY."

Cheap ass.
::nods:: The fries are the first to go with me as well. My reason for eating fries before cheeseburger is a bit different. I HATE cold fries. The only thing that I hate more than a cold fry is a microwaved fry. Nasty, nasty, nasty. o_< I can eat a cheeseburger cold with no problems, but, man, you gotta get them fries while they're still good.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 pm

If one of my hands gets wet and the other doesn’t, I HAVE to get the other one wet too. Even if I dry the wet one off, I still feel like I need to wet the other hand and dry that off too. This has been this way since I was little. To this day I still wonder why in the world I “need” to have everything even.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 pm

Whenever I eat steak with potatoes, the potatoes must be eaten first. Now, I don't care if my steak gets a little cool, because it's usually really hot once it comes off the grill anyway. But cool potatoes? No way. They MUST be hot, otherwise don't expect me to finish them. Never expect to see me eating anything else, if potatoes are on my plate, aswell.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:26 pm

I have this odd habit (I guess it's a nervous tic?) of rubbing my big toe against the next toe exactly three times, while mentally counting "ten, eleven, twelve"

If I'm eaten several foil wrapped candies, I wrap each piece of foil around the prevoius one.

I hate sleeping with my feet uncovered. Except during the very hottest days of summer, I always have a blanket or sheet to cover me.

I never, never get up to the bathroom in the middle of the night without turning on 3-4 lights (bedroom, family room, kitchen, bathroom). I hate turning the lights off on the way back.

If I'm eating pancakes or waffles, and there's syrup leftover, I dip my fork in the syrup on my plate and lick it off.

I hate feet. They disgust me. If someone puts their feet near my body, or touches me with their feet, I cringe. I don't even like looking at feet, unless it's like a cartoon girl.
My own feet are the exception ^^;

I can't think of more, but they're there!

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Tiff wrote:
Tempest wrote:

Cheap ass.
Actually, if my dad ever went to fast food when he was a kid...
*thinks*
No, they'd be too poor to. financial situations take into account...

that's also why whenever I'm eating out... I get water. no matter what, it's habit. save money. :ph43r:

I also can't stand having pennies in my wallet. I take them out, and set them in one of the cup-holders in the car.
-Adam Picard-

Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:54 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote: Actually, if my dad ever went to fast food when he was a kid...
*thinks*
*Blink*

I'm not talking about when his dad was a kid, i'm talking about when Derek was a kid o_O

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:46 am

I cant seem to make up my mind about important decisions until its either too late or almost too late.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by yoshmaster5 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:46 pm

Tiff wrote:
yoshmaster5 wrote: Actually, if my dad ever went to fast food when he was a kid...
*thinks*
*Blink*

I'm not talking about when his dad was a kid, i'm talking about when Derek was a kid o_O
No, what I'm saying is that's why his dad did that, possibly.
-Adam Picard-

-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:12 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote: No, what I'm saying is that's why his dad did that, possibly.
Ah. well, no, that's not why. I know his father very well. He's an extremely cheap and selfish person. The two of them don't even speak anymore due to some of the horrible things his father has done to the rest of the family.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:48 pm

oh my god. where to start.

i CANNOT stand different foods touching each other. like if my beans touch my rice, then i can't eat it. and definantly no sandwiches. i was forced into eating my first Subway sandwich the other day, and after one bite i was freaking out and ready to puke.

i'm constantly wringing and twisting my fingers. and cracking my knuckles. i don't even notice it. people will ask me "don't your fingers hurt from always twisting them?" and i'm like"... no? *twisttwist*"

i can't sleep unless my bed sheets are perfectly neat. there've been nights when the blankets just wouldn't line up properly, so i was up fretting for a long time. oh, and i fix my sister's blankets too, because she likes them just in a huge pile on her and it drives me insane.

no dull pencils. EVER. starting in kindergarten i would freak if it wasn't completly sharp. thank god for mechanical pencils =D

if something messes up one of my routines (and i have one for nearly every aspect of my day), then i freak out. and everything as to be done in order.

i'm sure there are many more, but i'm so used to them that i mostl;y don't notice them ^.^

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Lightweight
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Lightweight » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:07 pm

Let's see what I got:

- I'm no neat freak, but I MUST have my CD, movie and game collections neatly organized and ready for selection. I can't STAND having them out of order.

- I always like to be on time, no matter what. Even if it's to my own execution, I have to be there on time.

- If I have a remote on my hand, I tend to throw it in the air, having it spin, and grab it again. Repeatedly. I have lost a few remotes because of this.

- I can't eat anything with Mayo. This is specially bad when I go to Wendy's. (I swear, they must have a truck of mayo hiding somewhere.) If they add mayo to the burger, even when I SPECIFICALLY aske them not to, I simply won't eat.
Now listening to: Gorillaz: El Mañana

"You can teach an old dog new tricks... but you cannot teach Madonna to act."
-Yakko Warner

Officially finished watching all Sailor Moon episodes as of April 19, 2008!!!