Things that make you smile

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Things that make you smile

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:55 pm

well since the majority of my post lately have been about things I dont like or tick me off I figured Id start a topic about things that make me smile.

1. Watching my kid eat an oreo cookie, even if it means chocolate all over the place including chocolate hand prints on my clothes and walls just hearing him go Mmmm is worth it.

2. Holding a soft fuzzy puppy or even kitten, when I was going threw a rough time a friend of mine brought her puppy over and just holding it for abit helped calm my nerves.

3. When a music station I listen to plays 3 or more songs I like in a row which even with sirus doesnt always happen so when It does I smile big time.

4. Having friends who despite my shifts in mood and general geekiness stick by me and dont mind coming up two states to visit till im back home.

5. my family who even with all their nuttiness always manages to say something off the wall to make me laugh my ass off.

meh i'll think of more things later going to go back to hunting eggs Im having fun reading stuff on the site so that makes me smile as well ^_^
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:12 pm

I get happy when anyone around me is happy. Joy can be contagious. Cliche, right? But it's true! :)
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:41 pm

I get happy when:
  • 1. I'm with my boyfriend and we spend lots of time together doing stuff.

2. I'm outside on a nice day and swinging while listening to Fergie and day-dreaming about sexy cowboys =P.

3. I'm alone in my room and I start to IM some of my friends and we take part in a Marioverse RP.

4. My favorite show comes on and I start to picture myself in it.

5. When I'm watching "Conan". His jokes are hilarious when you listen to them. I always manage to crack up during one of his shows at least once.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:40 pm

My cat. He is seriously the best cat ever. He comes to me when i'm sad, he cuddles in my lap, and he sleeps right next to my head every night, purring and giving me little kitty kisses.

My family, particularily my mom. I've been so much happier since she's moved back, and I love shoppign with her, going out to eat with her, and just chilling at her hous eand watching TV/movies late into the night with her.

My fiancee. We have our rough spots, and we've been through our share of HUGE stress lately, but doing simple things like playing WoW till 2:00 am and then wrestling/tickling/cuddling on the bed afterward just make me so incredibly happy.

My kids at school. Sure, there are times I"d like to punt them against a wall, but when they learn something and SHOW me they have, or when they say such hilarious things seriously, or when they come up to me and say "I love you, Teacher!" it just makes my heart swell.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:23 pm

reading one of my favorite books/manga, or watching a favorite anime. you know, preferably one with happy themes (like Sailor Moon ^_^)

spinning my flag in colorguard. specifically, competing. nothing can quite top the high you get walking off the floor after a show, even if you're covered in sweat and you can't breathe. it's still the best feeling ever.

being with my friends, and acting like the stoopid goofs we are ^.^ i just love them so much <3

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:01 pm

Reading a really good book that just pulls me in.

Spending time with my best friends, who I don't get to see much.

Talking to my boyfriend on the phone. Especially when we get to chat several times that day.

Curling up on the couch or in my room and zoning out on my favorite shows. Or having an anime marathon.

Going to the book store in the International District and rummaging through all the manga! Or just reading manga in general.

Working on my sketches or one of my stories.

And just helping out people in general gives me a wonderful feeling.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:22 pm

My girlfriend, who's good at putting a smile on my face anytime I've been with her.

Getting up not by an alarm clock.

There's some other things too I can't think of right now I'll add later.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:48 pm

When my little 2 year old niece wants me to play with her. Usually she is very shy and it takes a while for her to warm up to me.

Anytime I have a rough day and my boyfriend takes me out to dinner and pays.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:16 pm

1. Stroking and hugging my little Scooby, he smells like pee but what the heck.

2. Playing video games, especially Soulcalibur. Beating the crap out of people makes me feel better.

3. Reading, let your imagination flow free.

4. Hanging out with my friends. How we laugh and reminisce.

5. Complaining. If I ever get bored I complain about what's on TV.

6. Chocolate, that always makes me happy.

7. Going to the toilet. It sounds weird but if you're really desperate going to the toilet is very relieving.

8. Talking to my sister, she's so funny.

9. The weekend. I love it when the weekend comes, you're free for a while.

10. Decorating the Christmas tree. It gets me in the christmassy spirit.

11. This may sound cruel, but I smile when children fall over or walk into things. I shouldn't laugh but it's funny.

That reminds me, one time I was playing on the park and this man kicked a football and it ricocheted of a little girls head. (Yes she did cry) It was so funny.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote: 11. This may sound cruel, but I smile when children fall over or walk into things. I shouldn't laugh but it's funny.

That reminds me, one time I was playing on the park and this man kicked a football and it ricocheted of a little girls head. (Yes she did cry) It was so funny.
o_O Um..

Anyway...

My husband, and how much he loves/does for me.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

silsmile
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by silsmile » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:05 pm

My little brother being his spazzy self. Most of the time, he's plain annoying, but every now and then he does something amusing that makes my day.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:30 am

Tiff wrote:My cat. He is seriously the best cat ever. He comes to me when i'm sad, he cuddles in my lap, and he sleeps right next to my head every night, purring and giving me little kitty kisses.
Now if only my cat was like that, instead of being a right rotten bugger who meows at a high F sharp (we've actually tested that one--that's a raised fourteenth above Middle C) and has been known to show off dead possums.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:11 pm

Seeing the town transform for the holidays. Watching the neighboors put out their decorations (lol this year were all going to try to out do each other I can feel it). Just the overall feel of the holidays are making me smile more this year. Knowing my kid is starting to understand the holidays abit more and seeing him smile as I work on things like stockings and untangling christmas lights (though ive been cussing up a storm from it lol).
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:25 pm

Opening my advent calender :) the Christmas countdown has begun!

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:16 am

3. My cats ^^ They are such cuties!
2. My parents' support.
1. My boyfriend, he makes me smile the most

There are other things which make me smile, but these are the most important ones.

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:39 pm

1: Drawing Sailor Moon and the other Sailor Senshi for "Emerald Sunrise".
2: Reading mangas.
3: Writing GOOD fanfics(as opposed to the CRAP in ff.net)
4: Watching anime videos and American cartoons.
5: My job.
6:Star Trek and Star Wars vids
7: A good classic comedy movie.
8: Hentai vids.
:lol: :D :)
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:53 am

Iced_Cappucino wrote: Going to the toilet. It sounds weird but if you're really desperate going to the toilet is very relieving.
LMAO :lol: I would say that relieving your self is very relieving.
This may sound cruel, but I smile when children fall over or walk into things. I shouldn't laugh but it's funny.
The only time I get a smile on my face when a child hurts him or her self, is when I'm at work in the toy department and I've told some one's little brat, repeatedly to stop playing with something that can hurt them, and they don't listen and get they get hurt. At that point I think the kid deserved it. :roll:
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:00 pm

^_^ Feeling Michael kick. (except when he gets me in the cervix and nearly makes me fall over x_X)

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:58 pm

Reading funny comments people make, the ones that really make you laugh but your not quite sure why.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:28 pm

My Secret Santa, aka my teammate Jacky. All week she's been leaving me stuff like homemade brownies, a pound of candy, her fan art, and these amazing little letters (I figured out it was her from day one thanks to her letter). But today was the last day, so she handed me a letter telling me that my present is a two-day ticket to the Fanime convention in May, including staying in the hotel with her.
I was SHOCKED. It's obviously more money than is expected for a Secret Santa present (luckily it's not too expensive, or I'd feel super guilty). I almost started crying. It's funny too, since she used to hate me last year (just because I was a freshmen) and now I'm her favorite underclassman. So I was pretty smiley all day =D

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.