Any comic collectors out there?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:15 am

I'm trying to get my hands on all of the original issues of "Doomsday: The Death of Superman". :wink:
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Tue May 20, 2008 11:38 pm

I managed to get the graphic novel "V For Vendetta" for under $10.00 at the last StellarCon I was atttending. 8)
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue May 20, 2008 11:44 pm

Parallax wrote:I managed to get the graphic novel "V For Vendetta" for under $10.00 at the last StellarCon I was atttending. 8)
Cool I paid 17 for mine and got my friend a copy off ebay for about the same price. I just brought the first 10 issues of J. Obarr's the crow always wanted the original comics. And got another copy of the first issue of the Messiah Complex the sketch varient my best friend went to a con up in Michigan and got me a bunch of what if's featuring the xmen and a few more Wolverine Origin books so im in comic happy mode. With my birthday coming up next month im sure i'll be receiving more books soon to.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed May 21, 2008 7:30 pm

My collection of Catwoman comics has now reached 97 issues. Go me. I'm also almost finished collecting all the Volumes of Bone (I just need to wait for the final two to be rereleased) and I added the comic adaption of Redwall to my collection.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings