Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments

Post by SeiUsa » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:59 pm

I know the program is a couple years old, but I still enjoy watching it. Do you agree with the list? I'm not too fond of...

[spoiler]Jaws as number 1. People are saying, "Well it's scary cuz it's something that can really happen in life, unlike aliens invading the Earth." Well, that's not something they have to worry about if they live in, say, Colorado. *points to self* And besides, shark attacks aren't all that common. But a murderer is something that can happen anytime, anywhere.[/spoiler]

I was actually surprised to see movies like The Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka the first time I saw this special. But I have to admit Willy Wonka is a rather eccentric fellow.

Overall, I enjoy the special and I never miss it when it comes on. ^_^;
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:35 pm

That is number 1, Halloween is scary. I mean what are the chance that you are going to become a sea scientist and get eaten by a shark.
At least Halloween prepares you for something like a mad man on a killing spree.

People can't vote that's what I say...

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:56 pm

I've heard about this list, but I've never seen it (even though I get Bravo). Is it on the Internet?
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Re: Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:07 pm

SeiUsa wrote:
I was actually surprised to see movies like The Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka the first time I saw this special. But I have to admit Willy Wonka is a rather eccentric fellow.
Bah, Return To Oz was far scarier than The Wizard Of Oz. Princess Mombi still pwns the Wicked Witch Of The West. :P
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Re: Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:10 am

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
SeiUsa wrote:
Bah, Return To Oz was far scarier than The Wizard Of Oz. Princess Mombi still pwns the Wicked Witch Of The West. :P
i have to agree with you. Return to Oz was scarier. But then Im one of those people who hated the movie wizard of oz. The book pwns it so badly
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:19 am

peachvampiress wrote:I've heard about this list, but I've never seen it (even though I get Bravo). Is it on the Internet?
I don't know about the actual show, but I found the complete list here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450892/board/flat/46498162

Ooh...there was another program on called Even Scarier Movie Moments. I can't believe I missed it! :cry:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:58 am

I'm surprised Ginger Snaps didn't make the list. Or the even better Ginger Snaps II: Unleashed. I mean, #2 had that thoroughly surreal therapy dream sequence...

Pi "I know what a lycanthrope is!" ka
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:02 pm

I don't think Jaws should have been number one either. Sure, it could really happen, but only if you visit the beach.

I personally think Psycho should have gotten number one. It had the infamous shower scene that had woman scared of the shower and it had the even scarier scene with mother at the end if anybody knows what I'm talking about. Plus, that could really happen too and is probably more likely.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:44 pm

Somehow I'm surprised The Exorcist didn't make number one. I'm not bothered by that movie, personally, but I know a hell of a lot of people who still are freaked out by that movie.

I mean, come on... Which do YOU think is scarier? Watching people being eaten by insane sharks on the beach? Or watching a 12 year old girl gradually get possessed by the devil, and being forced to do all sorts of freaky shit against her will? You decide...
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:49 pm

Neon Heart wrote:Somehow I'm surprised The Exorcist didn't make number one. I'm not bothered by that movie, personally, but I know a hell of a lot of people who still are freaked out by that movie.

I mean, come on... Which do YOU think is scarier? Watching people being eaten by insane sharks on the beach? Or watching a 12 year old girl gradually get possessed by the devil, and being forced to do all sorts of freaky shit against her will? You decide...
Hmmm...tis a tough, tough decision.... :P

Some people started arguing that Jaws made number 1 because it made people scared to go to the beach, so that's why it deserved #1. I still think they should've picked a movie scene that scares people today and for years to come. I don't know many people today who would look in a hot tub and think, "SHARK IS LURKING!"

I'm glad Carrie made Top 5, though.
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:30 pm

Rin wrote:I don't think Jaws should have been number one either. Sure, it could really happen, but only if you visit the beach.

I personally think Psycho should have gotten number one. It had the infamous shower scene that had woman scared of the shower and it had the even scarier scene with mother at the end if anybody knows what I'm talking about. Plus, that could really happen too and is probably more likely.
I agree with you about Psycho (it's my favorite movie by the way).
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:22 am

I watched that list....still creeps me out.

Okay, as much as Jaws distrubs me it does not belong in #1. 10 maybe. I have to agree that Psycho deserves it more. It really set the tone for years to come.

Yeah Return to Oz was scarier. And yet, still fun to watch. That one seen in Willy Wonka with the tunnel always made me sick. Not the least surprised it made the list.