Heroes

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Heroes

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:00 pm

Did anyone catch the premiere of NBC's new series, Heroes and what were your thoughts about it? I saw it tonight and it was totally awesome. The plot is a little cliched, about a group of ordinary humans discovering they have superpowers and how it effects their lives, but the execution is just handled really well and I like how it so far seems to be a more character-driven series rather than a show that's simply about action. If anything it was worth watching just for that Japanese guy, Hiro. I loved how they subtitled all the scenes with him in it and he looks like a really fun character. I loved the scene where he teleports to New York and he shouts in Engrish, "Yatta! HALLO NEW YORK!" This is the first American TV show I've actually looked forward to watching in a long time and it was really enjoyable. I'm definetly looking forward to the rest of this series and if it's ever released on DVD, I'm so buying it. I just hope this show lasts for longer than a season because it looks like it'll be a really great show.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

michiru_haruka
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by michiru_haruka » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:25 pm

im missed cause driver's ed

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:22 pm

I heard about it on the radio this morning and it sounds really interesting. I'm going to try to catch it next week, but knowing me, I'll probably remember when there's like two minutes left of the show and go rushing to catch them. I'll have to have someone record an episode for me.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Elanorea
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Elanorea » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:54 am

Never heard of it, for a couple of reasons:
a) I don't watch a lot of TV
b) I don't live in America

It does sound like a pretty cool show though. Pity I can't see it :(. Well, maybe I can watch it on YouTube someday :lol:.

sailor skywalker
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by sailor skywalker » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:55 am

no didn't saw it
maybe its not in belgium yet

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:30 am

HALLO? xD Reminds me of Harley. I'd love to see it. Sounds adorable/awesome. ^^ -waits for it to come here- ... ^^;;;;
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

C.h.a.r.m.
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by C.h.a.r.m. » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:12 pm

My favorite char. is the cheerleader who's indestructable. Now THAT'S cool!

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:54 am

Passed on it. Sounded like it is/will become a rip-off of "The X-Men". And it didn't really look too interesting in the preview too.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:40 am

Caught ep. 2 couple days ago... GOD I WAS BORED. For something billed as a superhero series, you'd think there'd be much more super stuff going on. But it almost all drama... tedious yawn inducing drama.

And please don't tell me they're going to rely on gov.t conspiracy or something like that to play the role as the villian... yawn. Give us supervillains instead. Of all the people supposedly getting superpowers, don't tell not one of them decides to use them for nefarious purposes.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:06 am

I'm still waiting for the series based on:

"You have incredible super powers."
-"Wow, so this means I have great responsibility and have to save the world, right?"
"No, you may use them to hurt others, grow rich, and generally act better than other people."
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

HEROES!!!!!!!

Post by sailorceres » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:56 am

So who's been watching the new tv series on NBC - Heroes? I have and I must say it rocks my socks! It is sooo interesting. I have to say my favorite "hero" is Hiro (the japanese guy) I love him her is amazing!

edit--didnt see there was already a topic! lol, well yea its pretty cool and for those of you who missed it october 22 at 8pm/7central they will be showing the first 3 epsiodesback to back! and yes I loove the "yatta! hallo new york' part!!!!!!! its so cute!

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:04 am

<MOD MODE>

SailorCeres

Please make sure that a topic does not already exist before you create a new one. This topic was only 1/2 down the page. Thanks.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:49 am

It's entertaining so far. I admit it started out a little slow, but in general I am liking it. Though I completely feel like they ripped off my EQ character in Niki's "superpower", because that's basically exactly what she went through in my novel. =P Oh well. ^^;

Character-wise... Hiro is amusing, obviously the comic relief. And I am really enjoying the flying-politician brother in the love-to-hate him way, because he's just such a sleezeball. He's exactly way you'd imagine most politicians to be in real life. I like how they're portraying him. XD Oh, and I really like the telepathic cop guy too.

EDIT: Oh, and Aya Reiko, it's supposed to a be a drama series... not action. So yeah, if you're bored by drama shows you should probably keep skipping it. ^^;
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:21 am

I've been downloading this show. I'm up to episode 5 ("Hiros").

What I really like is how the heroes are the last people you'd expect to see with superpowers. I mean, none of the comic book superheroes are cheerleaders or politicians.

Oh, and Aya Reiko and Sailorasteroid, there are some instances where the heroes use their power for personal gain--Hiro uses his abilities to help Ando cheat at poker and roulette. And Jessica only really takes over when Niki's life is in danger.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.