Last concert you went to

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Last concert you went to

Post by Tyra » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:27 am

I saw AFI back in June. They were mind blowing. I waited 3 years for them to come back to Canada, it was all worth it.

\m/ for AFI

So what was the last concert you went to?

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:16 am

FLOW at AnimeFest. So. fucking. awesome. ^___^
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:55 am

Kelly CLarkson came through Houston in July so I went to see my girl (Kelly is my girl... so is Christina and Tatu and Nelly.... you get the point now)

I had lawn tickets (There are seats... and then there is a huge field behind the seats... I sat in the huge field.)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:08 am

MarioKnight wrote:FLOW at AnimeFest. So. fucking. awesome. ^___^
Ditto. So VERY fucking awesome. *_*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:00 am

Shakira. I was the only white person in the audience but that was ok. =)

TBA

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:53 am

Shakiii. I just saw her in Orlando on Wednesday night. It was stressful trying to get good floor seats, but it was so worth it. The setlist was great - she did mostly old songs. Songs that I didn't expect stood out: Antologia, Ciega Sordomuda, and Si Te Vas. I have never been to such an awesome concert. I spent $200 on merchandise T_T. The only other forum I frequent is a Shakira forum and we had a meetup which was really cool. The concert was an experience comparable to religious ecstasy.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:53 am

How did you think Si te vas wasn't gonna stand out ?_? LOL, that's one of my favorite songs. I agree, it was a good setlist, cause her older stuff is good. Especially from Donde Estan Los Ladrones. Although I was surprised with how LITTLE she did from her Oral Fixation albums, especially her english one. Oh well. =) (Personally, I would have dropped Antologia and Pies Descanzalos from the set list for more current songs but oh well).

How'd you get floor seats ;_; I payed the highest bracket available (125 bucks each, i bought 2 tickets), and our seats were pretty lame. Towards the back, somewhat close to the floor but where it starts angling upwards (if that makes sense).

I always try and get the early start on concert tickets but I always end up getting really crappy really expensive seats.....*sigh* How do people get front row or close to front row seats????? *WHINES CRIES*

But yeah, Shakira ftw D8

TBA

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:27 pm

AnimeGuru0 wrote:How did you think Si te vas wasn't gonna stand out ?_? LOL, that's one of my favorite songs. I agree, it was a good setlist, cause her older stuff is good. Especially from Donde Estan Los Ladrones. Although I was surprised with how LITTLE she did from her Oral Fixation albums, especially her english one. Oh well. =) (Personally, I would have dropped Antologia and Pies Descanzalos from the set list for more current songs but oh well).
I never cared much for Antologia but her performance was so heartfelt that I've been converted. Don't knock on Pies Descalzos! She hasn't performed that song in like 8 years (well, she did at Rock in Lisboa, but that was kind of like a prequel to the tour). I can't wait for the DVD, but it will probably take another year. =( Shaki is a perfectionist after all.
How'd you get floor seats ;_; I payed the highest bracket available (125 bucks each, i bought 2 tickets), and our seats were pretty lame. Towards the back, somewhat close to the floor but where it starts angling upwards (if that makes sense).
Where did you buy your tickets? I had the same problem at first; I bought in the highest price bracket the minute they went on sale, but about five hours later I realized that I wasn't on the floor. I chose "Best Available Section" on Ticketmaster instead of "Floor," and apparently anyone who chose BAS got crappy seats. I ended up creating an eBay account just to get good tickets.
I always try and get the early start on concert tickets but I always end up getting really crappy really expensive seats.....*sigh* How do people get front row or close to front row seats????? *WHINES CRIES*
The first 20 rows were auctioned off, which kind of screwed the fans over who bought tickets during the "fans-only" pre-sale that anybody could buy from. During the Tour of the Mongoose there was an official fanclub that gave members better seats, but it doesn't exist anymore.

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:39 pm

Mmmmm, Shakira.

*ahem*

Last concert I went to was a group of concerts! K-Rockathon. The inside was a mud-covered clusterfuck so we stayed outside on my friend's car and had some beers and listened to the music. It was great. We heard Breaking Benjamin, Seether, and Shinedown. =D
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:45 pm

Jeff - I did pick best available. x_x I thought about buying tickets on ebay but the seats I saw available weren't that much better than the ones I had. =\ I really don't like ticketmaster and really don't like they are auctioning off the best seats now. I guess now the best seats are only for the super wealthy now.

TBA

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:26 pm

I've got front row to a Christina Aguilera Concert *Dies in excitement*

*Ahem*

SHakira sounds like she's yodelling...

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:42 pm

AnimeGuru0 wrote:Jeff - I did pick best available. x_x I thought about buying tickets on ebay but the seats I saw available weren't that much better than the ones I had. =\ I really don't like ticketmaster and really don't like they are auctioning off the best seats now. I guess now the best seats are only for the super wealthy now.
It wasn't Ticketmaster that auctioned off the seats; that came from Shakira's management.

The only way to get front row is through a ticket broker, really.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:39 pm

I saw Alice Cooper a year ago. It was awesome. They put together a skeleton in a coffin wearing a white tuxedo sans the head. Then they put Alice in a gullotine and chopped is head off, kicked his body around as he tried to get it, then put the head in the coffin on the body. Then the lights went out quickly and Alice jumped out of the coffin wearing the white suit and sang "School's Out". I got a t-shirt with him on the front in a gullotine.

He also sang "Poison" which has now become one of my favorite songs. At the end he said we were all poison. So there you go. Alice Cooper officially said that I was poison.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:15 pm

peachvampiress wrote:I saw Alice Cooper a year ago. It was awesome. They put together a skeleton in a coffin wearing a white tuxedo sans the head. Then they put Alice in a gullotine and chopped is head off, kicked his body around as he tried to get it, then put the head in the coffin on the body. Then the lights went out quickly and Alice jumped out of the coffin wearing the white suit and sang "School's Out". I got a t-shirt with him on the front in a gullotine.

He also sang "Poison" which has now become one of my favorite songs. At the end he said we were all poison. So there you go. Alice Cooper officially said that I was poison.
I'd love to see an Alice Cooper concert one day

My last concert was back in August, it was the Sounds of the Underground tour, I went mainly to see In Flames play (Swedish Heavy metal band). It was fucking sweet
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:31 pm

Jeff wrote: The only way to get front row is through a ticket broker, really.
;_; *STICKS HEAD INTO TOILET AND FLUSHES*

TBA

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:46 pm

The last concert I went to was way back in senior year of high school. (Ok, so that was only two years ago) Our school won a contest and Ashley Simpson and Ryan Cabrara came and gave us a free concert. I had never been an Ashley Simpson fan, but that day I was. About a month after the concert, I was again, no longer a fan but I appreciate the free concert. Ryan Cabrara was cute though.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:30 am

Speaking of free shows, I did see a free after the AFI concert right I forgot about that one. It was a festival thing & one of the artists there was so bad no wonder why I forgot about it lol.

anyway wow someone mentionned about spending 200$ in merch whoa. I spent a total of 55$ for an AFI jogging jacket & an AFI t-shirt & I was like "man I spend a lot, need to save up afterwards".....

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:45 pm

The last concert I want to was back in April. I saw Joe Satriani with Eric Johnson opening. Cliffs of Dover sounds so much better live. I also haven't payed back my brother the money for the ticket.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.