Recent DVD purchases

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:49 pm

Jen got me the 20th Anniversary Re-Release of Transformers: The Movie, which includes 2 discs, one containing a remastered version of the theatrical release (improved color/picture quality and sound), the second containing the original, unmastered yet "uncropped" version (for the movie airing, the film was clipped to fit widescreen, but it doesn't affect the action in any way). There are the usual bonuses, and a few neat ones like some of the original 80s commercials (XD) and even a few from Japan. Definitely worth it if you're into Transformers as much as I am >D
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:17 am

The Pirates of Penzance: A stage production from 1993, featuring Jon English as the Pirate King and Simon Gallaher as Frederic. For those who don't know the story, young Frederic is an apprentice Pirate who leaves his profession and finds love in young Mabel Stanley (Helen Donaldson). Meanwhile, Mabel's father Major-General Stanley (Derek Metzger) narrowly escapes certain death (and the loss of his other daughters to the Pirates of the title) by claiming he's an orphan. Only this time, they're all playing it gleefully to the audience--this has to be the only musical where the characters fight with the conductor.

The Sound Of Music: Haven't watched it yet, so nuff said.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Recent DVD Purchases

Post by Parallax » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:00 pm

1: The Adventures of Superman:Seasons 1-6

2: Wacky Races: The Complete Series.

3: Dastardly and Muttley In Their Flying Machines: The Complete Series.

4: The Perils of Penelope Pitstop: The Complete Series.
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Last month, I bought Star Trek: Nemesis to complete my Star Trek movie collection. :D :D :D

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Superman: Doomsday DVD

Post by Parallax » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:24 pm

I recently added the DVD movie "Superman: Doomsday" to the collection. It is the first PG-13 animated movie out this year. 8)

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:23 pm

MOD MODE:

I've merged your thread with the Recent DVD thread. Please look for existing threads before creating new ones. Thanks!
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:27 am

Nailed "The New Adventures of Superman" last Saturday. :D Update: Added "V For Vendetta" to the collection. 8)

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:11 pm

Added "The Batman: The Complete First Season" last week. :D :D :D

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Got the 3rd Season of Facts of Life. Had an awesome marathon.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue May 06, 2008 10:27 am

I just recently bought the special edition DVD of The Golden Compass, it's great to finally have it in my DVD collection.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:07 am

City Hunter: One of Jackie Chan's finest films. Chan plays Ryu Saeba, a private investigator whose ego is greater than his skill. Except when it comes to combat. Through some plot contrivance, Ryu finds himself (along with the original manga's supporting cast) on a cruise boat, which is just as well as a group of terrorists are planning to hijack it and take the richest passengers to Thailand. Which means we get one of the weirdest Chan films on record, as his typical screen mugging and slapstick wushu scenes are intertwined with a fairly serious plot. And we get the memorable scene where Jackie both imitates and outdoes Bruce Lee in Game of Death. And then we get the guy who hurls playing cards. And towards the end there's that scene. You know, that one that first comes up when you search for this movie on YouTube. That scene is why I bought the DVD.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:35 am

I just recently picked up the Super Mario Brother Super Show DVD Boxset.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:17 pm

I bought Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Epic win. "Joaaaanna... I feeeel you, joaaanna..."
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:41 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:I bought Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD.
Same.

I have to admit, after rewatching it, Harrison Ford is a respectable actor.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:54 am

Alexclow345 wrote:
AnimatedEvey12 wrote:I bought Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD.
Same.

I have to admit, after rewatching it, Harrison Ford is a respectable actor.
That fact was in doubt?

I recently bought Clerks. and The Brady Bunch Movie.
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

demoneyeskyo87
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by demoneyeskyo87 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:12 pm

I've been trying to get myself the "Sleeping Beauty" Blu-Ray but I've keep forgetting that I've own the DVD from years back(but the Blu-Ray will be anamorphic for my widescreen TV though).

Also, I'm considering adding "Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" Blu-Ray to the shopping list too along with the Bond Blu-Ray sets.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:17 pm

I've recently bought Kung Fu Panda and I am hoping to get WALL-E soon.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:30 pm

The Naked Gun

Made by the writers of Airplane,
Go go Leslie Nielson, comedic genius. XD

Nielson: *looking up* Nice Badger...
Woman: Thanks, I had it stuffed this morning. *literally hands down a stuffed badger*
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

demoneyeskyo87
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by demoneyeskyo87 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:40 am

I was tempted to buy Hancock on Blu-Ray in Target during my Christmas shopping but sadly I didn't as many told me how great a movie this is(plus I love myself some Charlize Theron ever since Monster and Aeon Flux).