Steve Irwin Killed

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:26 pm

I know I shouldn't, but i'm getting an urge to see what is going on there. Please give me a link.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:04 pm

Sailor V wrote:I know I shouldn't, but i'm getting an urge to see what is going on there. Please give me a link.
http://imdb.com/name/nm0410455/board/threads/
I think you need to be a registered member to even read threads, and the level of discourse there is not up to, say, SMU standards. I think you will be more bored than enraged.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:55 am

Changed my avvy too for now. He will be deeply missed. :cry:
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:23 am

SailorV and Panda, if you can read German... well, anyway, here's the link to the Irwin thread, if you want to respond, you have to register first. You can still read it without becoming a member. Do that if you want to ^^

http://animexx.4players.de/forum/?forum ... ead=146015

If you need translation, I volunteer. I'll try my best ^_^ Oh and be careful, because most of them DO NOT LIKE America.
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:30 am

Sailorasteroid wrote:One of his friends gave a press interview where he said Irwin always hoped that, if he were attacked, the cameras would keep rolling. However, he added, there was no camera going during the stingray attack.
I was wrong
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:10 am

Kasumi wrote:SailorV and Panda, if you can read German... well, anyway, here's the link to the Irwin thread, if you want to respond, you have to register first. You can still read it without becoming a member. Do that if you want to ^^

http://animexx.4players.de/forum/?forum ... ead=146015

If you need translation, I volunteer. I'll try my best ^_^ Oh and be careful, because most of them DO NOT LIKE America.

I didn't really care what they were saying but, okay.

I understand some German... reading might be an issue so we'll be in touch 8) ;)

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:15 am

Oh all right xD I would't care either. I couldn't stand it in the first place

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:46 pm

I heard about this early early yesterday morning... and while I wasn't that big of a fan of him... I still was floored that it was by a stingray and not a croc.... I was talkin' to a friend of mine, and told him "That was definitely the devine saying 'Okay buddy, I gave you enough close calls and chances to pull back, You're comin' home.' That's either a really HUGE freak accident, or a devine act."

btw..... sorry for the ungodly long abscence... lol
Plug for my message board Im awful. ::Hangs head in shame::

Left here alone, and unsure of what I feel. Unclear, but I see, Just what I'm afraid of.
I can't find my way anymore. And I cannot heal the wounds I've created. I can't let let go of whats killing me
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know
I can't breathe anymore Somehow I'm locked inside this cage And I've tried, but I cant Fight to stay alive
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
I've tried But I can't fight anymore.
I've Fallen from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
~ Megan McCauley's "Reverie"

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:15 am

I wasn't a fan of his either. I just always knew him as the guy who was always hanging around the more dangerous animals. Still I am sad he had to go like that. No one wants their last moments to be stung by a sting ray.

In all honesty, I figured it would be while discussing piranas or some crock that was feeling too playful.

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:34 am

UI really think he would have rather died by getting ripped to bloody shreds. All the kids at school now are saying that the croc thinks "It should have been me"!
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:25 am

people in my area are really sad about it. apparently he did one of his shows in the mountians around here. something to do with timber rattlers.

I wish I could have been here for that. I had always wanted to meet him
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:34 pm

On the news his family/friends made a statement that once the coroner is done viewing the tape they want it destroyed. I completely agree with this, but I think maybe other wildlife experts should examine it as well to see if there were warning signs of the ray's attack so another incident like this won't happen while someone else is interacting with them.
STAGE OUT!!!

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:48 pm

Mad Hatteress Belial wrote:On the news his family/friends made a statement that once the coroner is done viewing the tape they want it destroyed. I completely agree with this, but I think maybe other wildlife experts should examine it as well to see if there were warning signs of the ray's attack so another incident like this won't happen while someone else is interacting with them.
Yeah, having his death on tape and possibly leaked is pretty sick. Anyone's, for that matter. Hell, I can't watch stuff like the JFK videos without struggling not to get sick.
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:45 am

In the same forum mentioned, there's an item shop where you can buy funny parodying things with fake money.

Just after Irwin was killed, there was a stingray item in this shop with a really lame description. And this has caused a major riot between the users and the mods.
It's getting really out of hand -_-

Man, even if this joke is lame and you shouldn't make fun of people right after they died (really, you shouldn't), you can still shut up a little.

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:17 pm

People can so stupid sometimes. *shakes head* Steve Irwin was a good man, he does not deserve the stupidity of jerkasses.
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:38 am

Today Animal Planet is having a Crocodile Hunter marathon; I tried watching some of it, but I found myself getting all teary eyed, so I changed the channel. I was upset when I heard John Ritter died, but I was never to the point of tears from it; maybe it's because I sort of grew up with Steve.
STAGE OUT!!!

Skull13
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

R.I.P. He's in a better place.

Post by Skull13 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:41 am

R.I.P. He's in a better place. :(
Split Personality
Bring Hope To Humanity!!!