Steve Irwin Killed

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Steve Irwin Killed

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:01 am

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... index.html

This is really sad news. A lot of people say he had it coming, but I never expected him to actually be killed. It sucks that in a world with so many evil people, somebody had to die who cared about animals so much. =\ R.I.P.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:16 am

^^;; there is already a discussion for this in the WTF thread.

Yeah. The guy was crazy, but I never expected him to die. Not like that, anyway.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:17 am

Awe I'm sad! Me and my family used to watch him for a laugh, and my dad would immitate him. I don't think he had it coming though. He was just some guy that got excited about animals, even though many of them were dangerous.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:36 am

I just read about that. -cries- (I always thought a snake would kill him, though.) I love him. He was /funny.../
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Blackat
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Location: The only place where you can find Kangaroos in your backyard.

Post by Blackat » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:51 am

Being from the same place as him, I'm really feeling his death. He was so much more than just an icon to Queenslanders - he was the loveable guy who talked to us at Australia Zoo, and who always had a kind word to say. He will be indeed sorely missed. :(

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:03 am

A man who normally handles the worlds deadliest creatures is killed by one of the worlds gentlest. Sometimes irony really sucks.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:46 am

Guess it can't be classified as the gentlest now. Life sucks, and only one day away from my birthday. This ruins everything for me. I love you Steve. :( :( :cry: :( :cry:
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:02 am

Well... since he was stung in the chest it's safe to say he was stung in the heart. It's really the only fatal way you can get hurt by a sting-ray so he was unlucky here.

Putting that aside though, I'd hate to imagine that his death is on video somewhere. If I was his family (and if I remember correctly, he has a toddler and a young child) I would be traumatized with that type of thing floating around...

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:15 am

its sad he had to die like that and by a sting ray something thats supposed to be docile. But gentle or not its still a wild animal and if this teaches us anything its that wild animals are potentially dangerous no matter how gentle they seem. Even dolphins have been known to get violent.

Its a shame he died I really enjoyed watching him. and as for that baby incident. My family and I dont fault him for that. He knew what he was doing and that baby was perfectly safe.

Im gonna miss his show and the animal world lost a great protector today.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:33 pm

Panda wrote:Well... since he was stung in the chest it's safe to say he was stung in the heart. It's really the only fatal way you can get hurt by a sting-ray so he was unlucky here.

Putting that aside though, I'd hate to imagine that his death is on video somewhere. If I was his family (and if I remember correctly, he has a toddler and a young child) I would be traumatized with that type of thing floating around...
One of his friends gave a press interview where he said Irwin always hoped that, if he were attacked, the cameras would keep rolling. However, he added, there was no camera going during the stingray attack.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:38 pm

O_O but... he can't die... HE'S THE CROCODILE HUNTER!!! he's not allowed to die!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

this sucks. of all the things to do him in...

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:38 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:
o.o are you surprised?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:45 pm

Oh I am truly sorry for him, and also for his family. I always liked him.

But in another German forum, everyone says he deserved it for mistreating animals. Come again?
They really wished for his death, and now everyone starts picking on him...now that he's dead -.- Man, I had to restrain myself.
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:09 pm

Kasumi wrote:Oh I am truly sorry for him, and also for his family. I always liked him.

But in another German forum, everyone says he deserved it for mistreating animals. Come again?
They really wished for his death, and now everyone starts picking on him...now that he's dead -.- Man, I had to restrain myself.
Mistreating animals?! The man was as gentle as could be with those animals. What asshats.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:13 pm

:( a sad day indeed

He was gentle with the animals, and a conserversist....
I sure hope he didnt feel any pain when that stingray tail periced his heart
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:42 pm

Kasumi wrote:But in another German forum, everyone says he deserved it for mistreating animals. Come again?
Linky? I would like to give that forum a PIECE OF MY MIND! Changed avatar in his memory also.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:45 pm

Sailor V
I sure hope he didnt feel any pain when that stingray tail periced his heart
I think I read somewhere that he died instantly, so I doubt he felt much pain.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:50 pm

Sailor V wrote:
Linky? I would like to give that forum a PIECE OF MY MIND! Changed avatar in his memory also.
Ditto.

(And this is a 1 time only event...)

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:06 pm

Tiff wrote:
the*blue*girl wrote:
o.o are you surprised?
im suprised that he died with his head still connected to his body. its just ironic that of all the dangerous things he's done, this un-dangerous one is what killed him.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:03 pm

Steve also seemed to really like kids. I remember a few years ago when he was on Nickelodeon's kid's choice awards. He brought a big snake in. My four year old nephew loves the Wiggles, and Steve did a movie type thing with them.

It's so sad to see him go.

BTW, don't go to the IMDB message boards for Steve Irwin. Some people are really acting like jackasses.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/