No more Pluto?! Say what?!

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:08 pm

I think she's thinking: "This is for trying to steal my boyfriend; all those rumors must be true!"
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:04 pm

I still don't get why it's so hard to memorize eight planets instead of nine. Apparently, kids can memorize their time tables without catchy phrases yet it's impossible to teach kids to memorize EIGHT planets without a catch phrase. :roll:
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:56 pm

That one with the kids is funny...

I feel cold and empty! I want to cut myself and bleed my pain of loss! if only Pluto were a planet again I wouldn't feel so broken...

For christs sake... what the big fucking deal?

As for the other picture... lol. I think it's be even funnier if all the senshi were laughing at her.

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:53 am

I wonder how Chibi-Moon would feel about this?
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:06 am

Chibi-Moon needs to worry about getting her own planet and stop ripping off her mom first.

But then again, I guess she technically just lost one of her Asteroid Senshi to so I'll cut her some slack...

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:59 pm

I know! If we all send in poptarts to the scientists, maybe we can still save Sailor Pluto! I propose that we start a campain to save Pluto, and we'll call it "SOP" (Save Our Pluto)!
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:32 pm

......... why poptarts....?

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:38 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:......... why poptarts....?
SOS tried to campaign to save Sailor Moon by having people buy a shiteload of Strawberry Poptarts. Poptarts was one of the sponsors during the show, so SOS figured that if we bought Strawberry Poptarts, it would save the show from going off the air.... Yeah, insane, I know...
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:54 am

lol.

I thought he was just being funny... that's hilarious. To bad though, I'm allergic to the breakfest tart's of goodness :cry:

I mean, damn, it's not like Pluto blew up or something. It'as not like they'll throw you in jail for calling it a planet.... stupid kids...

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:36 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I still don't get why it's so hard to memorize eight planets instead of nine. Apparently, kids can memorize their time tables without catchy phrases yet it's impossible to teach kids to memorize EIGHT planets without a catch phrase. :roll:
I had never heard that phrase when I was learning the planets and I learned them just fine. I don't understand why everyone is making a big deal of this. The way some people have reacted, you would almost think that the sky is falling or something. As for my opinion on Pluto not being a planet any more.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:00 pm

I posted on another message board about Sailor Pluto being kicked out of the Sailor Senshi just for fun. I even quoted "drunk Pluto". Well someone took me way too seriously and started explaining why Sailor Pluto was still a senshi and that in the Sailor Moon universe Pluto is still a planet.

Geez, I didn't expect anyone to think I was serious...
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Rin wrote:I posted on another message board about Sailor Pluto being kicked out of the Sailor Senshi just for fun. I even quoted "drunk Pluto". Well someone took me way too seriously and started explaining why Sailor Pluto was still a senshi and that in the Sailor Moon universe Pluto is still a planet.

Geez, I didn't expect anyone to think I was serious...

Well, Sailor Moon will forever be frozen in the mid 90's so I guess it is still a planet there :?

I'd like to see an all-out fight between Sailor luto and Sailor Ceres now! The real reason behind the demotion!

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:59 am

Pluto - Now Even More on the Cosmic "D-list"

If I'm reading this correctly, Pluto has been removed from the Dwarf Planet section and dumped into the Asteroids and Small Bodies category. I'm starting to feel sorry for Pluto.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:06 pm

Tempest wrote:Pluto - Now Even More on the Cosmic "D-list"

If I'm reading this correctly, Pluto has been removed from the Dwarf Planet section and dumped into the Asteroids and Small Bodies category. I'm starting to feel sorry for Pluto.
A little bit of Wiki-digging actually indicates that Dwarf Planets are sub-section of Asteroids and Small Bodies ('Minor Planets'); basically anything that's not a planet will get such a numerical designation, but Ceres, Eris, and Pluto are still Dwarf Planets because they are spherical, rotate around the Sun, and do not have satelites of their own.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:11 am

In the near future, I can just see them reclassifying Pluto again. Next time it will be a Double Planet with Charon, and then we can all bang our heads into the wall.

I wonder if the human race would get angry if it turned out that some alien race in the next Solar System over classified Earth as a Dwarf Planet. XD;
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:45 am

I dont even get why this was even an issue. I mean dont these scientist have better things to do with their time then to change everything classifications?
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:14 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:I dont even get why this was even an issue. I mean dont these scientist have better things to do with their time then to change everything classifications?
What else would they do, though? They're astronomers; their job is to look to the heavens and study the celestial bodies, and in order to do that, it helps to have the various objects they study be classified based on properties that make them similar.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:16 pm

poor pluto ;_; she will always be a planet in my book *nodnod*

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.