Nonsense Off-Topic Madness Thread

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:06 pm

the*blue*girl wrote: the only way you could fail it is if you can't speak english well (which, of course, is probably the point of the exam- to discriminate against english-language learners).
Oh, come on. -_- I highly doubt they designed the test to make all the little ESL kids fail. Quite honestly, if they haven't mastered enough English by the end of high school (after several years of education/help learning English) to pass an exit exam, then they probably shouldn't be graduating anyway.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:27 pm

Tiff wrote:
the*blue*girl wrote: the only way you could fail it is if you can't speak english well (which, of course, is probably the point of the exam- to discriminate against english-language learners).
Oh, come on. -_- I highly doubt they designed the test to make all the little ESL kids fail. Quite honestly, if they haven't mastered enough English by the end of high school (after several years of education/help learning English) to pass an exit exam, then they probably shouldn't be graduating anyway.
I'm sure the test wasn't DESIGNED for that purpose, but it's a pretty debatable subject here in California. Last year alot of otherwise smart kids couldn't graduate because their english wasn't quite where it needed to be, which sparked this huge debate thing (and not all ESL students have been learning english for years. I know people who've only come to America very recently.)
But really, I wasn't trying to start a debate or anything. I was just pointing out that the test is a joke.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Let It Be by The Beatles has been stuck in my head for four days straight now. I didn't even know that was possible.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Just got Family Guy: Blue Harvest.

Freaking. Hilarious. XD XD XD XD XD XD XD goddamn it's awesome.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 am

Oh the night that Paddy Murphy died, is a night I'll never forget
Some of the boys got loaded drunk, and they ain't got sober yet;
As long as a bottle was passed around every man was feelin' gay
O'Leary came with the bagpipes, some music for to play....
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:10 pm

I has a Puppy now :D
He is 12 weeks, and 2.3 pounds, a Pommeranian.
He is pure adorable, but likes to bite on soft things, preferably socks and pants.
He threw up on me in the car D: Little rat.

His name is Zero
<3 I love him.
He still can't lick my face though.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:54 pm

I feel really dumb now. Tuesday, I was backstage during the intermission of the show i'm in right now, and we weren't supposed to talk, so I was reading a pschology book. I was in the chapter on motivations and drives, and it said the four basic human drives were what they liked to call "the four f's"..."fleeing, fighting, feeding, and... reproduction." Well, I didn't get it, so i nudged my dance partner, Jeff, and told him to read it. He started laughing and I told him I didn't get it. He tried to be as delicate as possible and he said "you know...reproduction...tappin'..." I said I knew what it meant but none of the words I was thinking of started with an f. He proceeded to make a small motion and then it clicked. I blushed and laughed and was just all aroound embarrased. He just gave me the "i feel sorry for you, but that was funny" look. (The fourth f is fucking, just incase one of you didn't get it eaither. I know Ariel didn't when I told her.)
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Now, at my mall, Those 19 and under have to have a parent with them while going.

I can see 17 and under. But 18 and 19 year olds forced to have a parent with them at the mall? You can work part time at our mall at 15/16, but you can't shop there unless you have a parent or guardian. There where fights, and I support putting an age limit on it, but 18 and 19 is a bit extreme.

Also, there isn't places for teenagers to hang out in our City. Chuck E. Cheese, Adventure Landing, and Horizion F/x are all targeted at preteens. Movie theaters will not let those 17 and under at the theater alone on weekends, and won't let them alone at all during the whole week during summer vacation, and who wants their parent to come on a date?. Parents don't want a ton of 15/16 year olds at their house to hang out. So, there really isn't any place for teenagers to hang out.
Or maybe just all teenagers are irresponsible hooligans who disreguard the rules and have underage sex, and cannot be trusted anywhere.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Eh, working two jobs at my mall, I'm inclined to agree with the rule your mall started. I see your point about working at a young age, but in counterpoint at work they are supervised and they're not when doing anything else. The mall is means to be a shopping center, not a hangout. Teenagers generally do little to no shopping at the mall, with the only money they spend being on their food. And yes, the vast majority of teenagers in malls, generally pushing the envelope of what they can getaway with. They act very immature and obnoxious, like the mall is their own personal playground. And a decent chunk of them are in the mall nearly everyday. Shit, I wish my mall had a curfew policy because I'm sick of being a free babysitter.

I do wish a rule like that wouldn't exist, but not because of the limitations it sets. If parents actually took care of their kids instead of dumping them off somewhere else the majority of the time, there wouldn't be a need for such rules. Sadly, there are few parents who actually take on the full responsibility of raising their kids, most of them do as little as they can get away with and hope for the best. But that's a whole different argument altogether. Basically, if teens weren't there practically everyday with their parents treating the mall as a free babysitter, they wouldn't view the place as a playground.

As for places to hang out for teens, I don't think they should be out nearly as much as they think they "need" to. I will say I agree that a tad more freedom should be given to them, and for that there's usually groups and such that offer that. Granted they might be harder to find, but they do exist. I'm sure community centers have times where various events are going on (say movies in one part, games in another, etc), some churches have similar open safe nights, these kinds of things are out there.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:44 pm

MarioKnight wrote:I'm sure community centers have times where various events are going on (say movies in one part, games in another, etc), some churches have similar open safe nights, these kinds of things are out there.
You're suggesting that teenagers hang out at a community center or a church? Good grief, you old fogey. XP

I agree that 18-19 is a little extreme. If you're old enough to join the Army and shoot people, you should be able to go to a mall without mommy. Curfews are reasonable if the mall has a history of problems, but not parental chaperones for people who are, legally, adults.

*shrugs* I guess you guys could hang outside. Take up skating, biking, or radio flyer jousting, instead of sitting in a mall and eating greasy imitation meat (which is far more hazardous to your health than the jousting).
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:03 am

NameGoesHere
instead of sitting in a mall and eating greasy imitation meat
Says you :P My mall has a Chinese fast food place with the best garlic chicken ever. Lots of the malls here have damn good food. Or maybe we just have higher standards for mall meals *zing!*
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:18 am

NameGoesHere wrote:
MarioKnight wrote:I'm sure community centers have times where various events are going on (say movies in one part, games in another, etc), some churches have similar open safe nights, these kinds of things are out there.
You're suggesting that teenagers hang out at a community center or a church? Good grief, you old fogey. XP
It's been over 7 years since I've had to think about such things, hence I've been forced to think like an adult, shut up. >PPPP
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 am

peachvampiress wrote:Or maybe we just have higher standards for mall meals *zing!*
How could you even suggest such a thing? Don't you know we're at terror alert yellowish-orange?! Every time you zing America, a terrorist gets his wings! Wings made of bombs! D:

MarioKnight wrote:You're totally right, NGH. Thank you for astutely pointing out my old fogeyness!
You're very welcome. :D
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Teenagers generally do little to no shopping at the mall, with the only money they spend being on their food. And yes, the vast majority of teenagers in malls, generally pushing the envelope of what they can getaway with. They act very immature and obnoxious, like the mall is their own personal playground. And a decent chunk of them are in the mall nearly everyday. Shit, I wish my mall had a curfew policy because I'm sick of being a free babysitter.
You say teenagers do little to no shopping at the malls but, some, infact, do shop. Also, there are many people who go to the mall just to walk, get a work out, and met up for coffe and lunch or somthing.
I agree that 18-19 is a little extreme. If you're old enough to join the Army and shoot people, you should be able to go to a mall without mommy. Curfews are reasonable if the mall has a history of problems, but not parental chaperones for people who are, legally, adults.
Exactly. A 19 year old doesn't need to hold Daddy's hand while shopping in Victoria's seceret.
Also, there where just these 2 fights, both I think done by the same people. The mall freaked and enforced the rule.

I think they are trying to get it changed though. Like put a time set on it. (Like having this rule enforced at 6 O'clock, or somthing similar)

Take up skating, biking, or radio flyer jousting, instead of sitting in a mall and eating greasy imitation meat (which is far more hazardous to your health than the jousting).
For the summer, yes, it is a good idea to be involved in those activities
But, its still freezing cold here. No one wants to be outside.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:41 am

=P Let's get back off-topic, please.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:24 pm

I went on my first upside roller coaster today.
5 times XDDD
I think my vocal cords are permenantly scarred.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:31 am

*Runs through the wall*
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Lightweight
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Lightweight » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 pm

Tiff wrote:=P Let's get back off-topic, please.
That may be the first time (and last time) I hear a mod/admin say that.

Worthy for the lulz. :lol:
Now listening to: Gorillaz: El Mañana

"You can teach an old dog new tricks... but you cannot teach Madonna to act."
-Yakko Warner

Officially finished watching all Sailor Moon episodes as of April 19, 2008!!!

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:33 pm

This is one of those YouTube Poops that got me back into Sonic. I actually cried laughing nonstop for about half an hour! :P But then, most things make me laugh easily.
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 pm