The Weirdest Injuries You've ever Had

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:43 am

Sylphiel wrote:
peachvampiress wrote:Marching band's the thing with the baton right? :idea: I think I figured it out! Yay!
He walked into a goalpost if remember correctly. =P

And no, Marching Band's where you play instruments and march along with it. No batons involved, lol.
Batons are involved if the color guard is using them (I was in marching band too) [/off topic]

To contribute to the thread, the weirdest injury I've ever recieved was once when I got this cut on my chest. The weird part about it? I don't recall what caused it at all.

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:48 pm

The weirdest injury?
Does falling down the stairs with a backpack in school count as weird?
And does anyone laugh if one has hurt himself really bad? I do. But I don't mean breaking one's bones, but something like stumbling over something and falling on the ground hitting one's knees. I'm always dying of laughter because it hurt so much ^^°

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:52 pm

A band leader or drum major might have a baton, but most people play. And IIRC, Dan was a tubist, and I will tell you that is also a prime source of injuries.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:22 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:And IIRC, Dan was a tubist, and I will tell you that is also a prime source of injuries.
Trombone. ;) And he is excellent.

*/off-topic dan-ness*
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

nobucho
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by nobucho » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:21 am

One time when I was about 1 or 2, I was sitting on my mom's lap as she was eating (not safe!) and she accidently dropped a piece of fried octopus on my head and she FREAKED out! Luckily I didn't end up scarred or badly scorched. My parents decided to replace my hi-chair after that incident...

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:53 pm

I've been reading scary stories, that are supposedly true, all day, so I'm a little jumpy. I went to use the restroom a few minuets ago and needed to changed the roll afterwards. Well, we just have a bag that has rolls of toilet paper sitting nearby so I turned my back to change it, and another roll fell out of the bag, hitting my ankle. I freaked out and fell over backwards, landing pretty hard on the floor; I still ache a little bit.
STAGE OUT!!!

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:42 pm

The weirdest injury I've got is a broken right wrist. I was late for the bus to work. I had the "bright" idea of trying to make like The Flash to catch up to the bus when I tripped and fell on the wrist. Broke it in three places, dislocated my elbow, and on top of that, I ruined my back. The ambulance took me to High Point Regional Hospital where they operated on my wrist. (I work at Moses Cone Health Systems in Greensboro.)
This happened the Tuesday before Animazement. I was in a cast all the way up to the elbow for a few weeks, then I got a wrist brace. I'm still recovering from the injuries and the operation. Going through physical therapy three times a week.
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Kazuki
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Kazuki » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:33 am

-Coughs- You don't even wanna know some of 'em..

but, there was one time, around 3 years ago when I was at my friends house, they were all jumping from the top of the stairs, onto a big step down below ( filled with cushions, etc) I was so scared of doing it, I didn't want to, but as usual I got pushed into doing it.

So anyways, I was really nervous, so i climbed over the banisterabout to jump, when the fear set in, i grabbed the banister pole, but, alas, fell down anyways, instead of jumping down onto the big step, hit a step, and fell down them.

And my friend said he'd catch me.. ptff >.>

Anyyyways, I was okay, i just needed one of those cold ce packs for the back of my head.

Dennis
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Dennis » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:28 pm

In my life I have:
-ran into a treadmill and cut open my right eyebrow
-hit in the face with a Nerf Liquidator bat
-jammed three fingers (one of which I reset by myself), broke my pinky
-had my foot run over by a car
-split my chin open 8 different times
-fallen down steps

I am kinda clumsy at times.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:32 pm

When I was about 13, I was with a friend, who was walking her dog. I was on roller skates, skating alongside her. She had to stop and tie her shoe, so she shoved the leash into my hand. The dog took off, and it was like a comic-strip moment, with me sailing behind him in skates and screaming.

-_- My wheel hit a sewer thingy, and I went flying. My poor knee busted open, and I still have the scar.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Kali
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kali » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Weird injuries...hmmm....well ia m a total clutz, so i have lots of bruises all over me that i dont even remember how i got them!!!

Once when i was 4 we were redoing the patio and a huge stone fell on my foot.... my foot didnt break but there was a huge cut, i still have a scar

Another time I was running n my backyard and there was an open umbrella for some reason that the fabric had come partly off of (??!!! i have no idea why it was there) and i tripped and the metal part of the umbrella went right INTO my leg..... another HUGE gash but no scar in this case

denizenofevil
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by denizenofevil » Sat May 12, 2007 3:35 pm

This was around December. I was opening the fridge to take out a piece of cake. The cake was behind a plate of fish but i was to lazy to move the plate and tried to pull the cake out over it. It didn't make it and the plate fell out of the fridge and landed with the edge down onto the base of my right big toe nail. I guess that's what i get for being such a glutton. My toe nail has a purplish dent the shape of the plate in the middle now (it's growing out).

Another one was when i stuck my foot out the car window and my mom shut the window on my toe.

And another one was when I hurt my tailbone by pushing myself into the hard seat of a ride (hey, the ride was freaky). I had a sensitive tailbone for a long time and my sister used to get her kicks by kicking me in the tailbone so now, everytime i tease her, i automatically cover my behind so she can't hit it.

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat May 12, 2007 3:51 pm

Well one time, when I was about 3 or 4 I was running around and I accidentally cashed my head into one of my moms speakers. I was fine it didn't hurt. So then I went into my room and played the computer. I felt somthing wet on my head. It was red. Mom says "What do you have on your head..." becuase I was touching it. I then say. "Just alittle ketchup."

Mom freaks. It was blood. I cry. Dad comes home from work and I get a barbie doll.

Happy ending.

Is that weird enough?
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat May 12, 2007 11:39 pm

denizenofevil wrote:This was around December. I was opening the fridge to take out a piece of cake. The cake was behind a plate of fish but i was to lazy to move the plate and tried to pull the cake out over it. It didn't make it and the plate fell out of the fridge and landed with the edge down onto the base of my right big toe nail. I guess that's what i get for being such a glutton. My toe nail has a purplish dent the shape of the plate in the middle now (it's growing out).
Sounds like me the other day, only I dropped a stack of library books (the hardcover childrens' kind) at school and now I have a black dent on the bottom of my big toe -_-

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sat May 12, 2007 11:49 pm

Im glad I seen this topic I was going to put this in off topic madness lol

Ugh today I pulled a real blunder I was trying to fasten the top of my kid's highchair and the whole tray dropped on to my foot and hurt the heck out of my big toe it still hurts as heck but I know its not broken cause I can bend and walk on my foot just hate it being so sore.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....