The Weirdest Injuries You've ever Had

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

The Weirdest Injuries You've ever Had

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:58 am

I just thought it might be fun to do a topic on this to share some maybe funny stories. Just last night I was using one of those twisty pencil sharpeners, when the point broke off and got stuck in it, and in an attempt to get it out I accidentally cut my pointer, middle, and pinky finger rather badly when it slipped.

Another "wound" I got was when I worked in fast food and I was mixing a shake when the lid came off and cut the back of my hand; it wasn't a deep cut, but it was long, and wouldn't stop bleeding.

What about you guys, any interesting stories? It doesn't have to be cut or something like mine, but maybe an incident like you stepped on your cat and fell, or something.
STAGE OUT!!!

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:34 pm

When I was growing my mother thought that one side of my chest might be larger than the other, so she took me in to have it x-rayed. (It was within tolerable differences and eventually it balanced out) After it was done, because I was positioned wrong, I fell off the table and hit my head. So they put me right back on and x-rayed my head too. Turns out I had concussion.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:44 pm

Hmm... I don't know if the injuries themselves were weird but the outcomes were...

A few years ago I had two ingrown toe-nails on my big-toes. Well I went to get them cut out, everything went fine. It's been two years now and my toenail never grew back completely. I have two half toe-nails...

Another is from March when I had surgery to fix an abnormaility in my arm muscles. Well that went fine but the scar it left is shaped like a big Z. Everytime my family and friends see my scar they shout "Zoooorroooo!!" (I fucking hate Zorro...)

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:29 pm

One of the weirdest injuries I had, was when I was pulling my leg muscle while trying to stretch, so I could play DDR. I ended up not being able to play. u_u;;
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:36 pm

My dad bought me a vanity with a giant circular mirror from a second hand store a few years ago. It had a small chip in it on the side, but other than that it was fine. Flash forward about two years later. I had put a bunch of photos around my mirror, one of them covering the chip. I noticed that their was a clear line on the mirror. The mirror was dusty, so I thought it was just a clean line. I rubbed the line and saw no difference. One of my pictures was covering it so I lifted it up and noticed it was from the chip. I stared at it for a few seconds, then figured it out. As I moved back it cracked straight across the middle and the top part came down like a guillotine on my finger. It had cut my left ring finger open and I started screaming. My finger was fine, but now I've got a cresent shaped scar on it.

Weirdest thing is, my memory of the actual cutting of my finger is fuzzy.
A. I could have sworn that my hands were both down at my side when it fell.
B. At the angel the cut was made, my left hand would have had to have been like I was shieding my face, but I don't remember doing that.
C. I can't possibly see how I was close enough for my hand to get cut, left alone just one finger.

It's very weird indeed. @[email protected]
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:20 am

Hm. The only weird thing I can think of is when I closed a van door on my fingers. They were all purple and bendy in all the wrong directions, but I didn't feel any pain. By the time we got to the emergency room, the discoloration was gone, and my fingers were straight again. X-rays showed no damage, and I went along like nothing ever happened.

My mother was flipping out the whole time, but I could have sat there and whistled a little tune for all it bothered me.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:38 am

I once had a dream that I fell down a hill and rammed my right shoulder into a rock on the way down. When, I woke up, there was a bruise there.

I probably was just sleeping heavily and rolled over and bumped it really hard on my night stand, but it was still kind of scary/weird.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:26 am

My dad closed the car window on my fingers once and refused to pull them back down for a while, when I removed my fingers, they were numb and later started hurting, but anyway, REALLY DEEP CUTS. But they didn't bleed. You look in and there's like... this dent in my fingers and you can see the blood inside but none of it came out.
Very... strange.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:20 pm

My foot once ended up under one of our car's wheels one time 9-10 years ago. Didn't get permenantly hurt, but... ... still wierd.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:02 pm

this is extremely easy for me to answer

I dont remember how old I was when it happened but one time right after we had a cookout I stepped barefoot of the disposed ashes from the fire. I got a 2nd degree burn on the bottom of my foot. It was the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

TonyOctober 2.0
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by TonyOctober 2.0 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:07 pm

One time before we (The students and I) went on a field trip, our teacher told us to put up the chairs. The bottom of the chair has this really pointy thing and I cut my finger on it.

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:08 pm

Ok, i'm not sure if this stuff qualifies as weird, but here goes...

When I was just starting 5th grade, I had gotten a huge spider bite on the back of my leg, like really high on the thigh. It was really BIG! I got it like two days before school started and I had to rush home every day after school so my dad could change the bandage. It was a puss filled mess. Ewww... I was so glad when it finally healed.

Ok, another one happened when I was in 11th grade. I was in the school musical and we had just gotten our parasols. I closed mine and felt a slight pinch on my thumb, but didn't think much of it. I looked down when I got back to my seat after putting the parasol away and my thumb was really bleeding bad.

third, this is more of a could-have-been accident. I was in 8th grade science class and helping out with a bridge project when i moved down the table to go look at something. a couple seconds later a ceiling tile fell right where i was previously standing. That could have been a really bad headache if I hadn't moved.

I wasn't so fast when i was 16. I was at a church camp meeting when my friend went up to give the opening prayer. I heard a creeking sound above me. Then another and then the metal lighting fixture fell on my head. Luckily, i just came away with a bad headache and the fixture was really light. Although my friend was leery to give the prayer in public again for a while.

Pseudonym
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Pseudonym » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:45 pm

I lost the nail on one of my hands in a church door once.

also i don't know if this counts but when i went skiing once i leant back ect fell over to stop myself did an impressive roll and wided myself. However i thought that the ski poll had punctured my lung and that i was dieing. lukily i had just winded myself.

I also nearly got crushed by a ski rack as well when it fell on me .
( i heard it and caught it above my head, in the end two men came and helped put it up against the wall)

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:50 pm

Mines probalby when I cut my Hip on the hallway closet, and I could see inside of myself, it was really scarey, and I thought I would die
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

Chibisteven
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Chibisteven » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:50 pm

Too many to list. One time I picked up the remote just to press one button and bam! My wrist started to hurt like hell. It hurted so bad, I couldn't even stand moving my fingers or hand at all.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:57 pm

I had plenty of football-related injuries when I was a kid, but that really isn't "weird." I was actually pretty lucky - I only got one concussion.

My funniest/most painful injury happened at soccer camp. I was kicked in my guy-parts, and peed blood.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:28 pm

I almost knocked myself out in a marching band practice. Figure that one out. =P
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:07 pm

MarioKnight
I almost knocked myself out in a marching band practice. Figure that one out. =P
Marching band's the thing with the baton right? :idea: I think I figured it out! Yay!

When I was little, I fed my cat a bunch of cat nip, and then started teasing him. He'd swipe at my face and I'd duck. Well I was a bit slow and his claw got caught right underneath my left eyeball and half my face and clothes were covered in a steady river of blood. I remember my mom holding me up infront of the mirror and screaming "Look, that's all your blood!" or something like that.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:08 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Marching band's the thing with the baton right? :idea: I think I figured it out! Yay!
He walked into a goalpost if remember correctly. =P

And no, Marching Band's where you play instruments and march along with it. No batons involved, lol.
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:18 pm

peachvampiress wrote:
When I was little, I fed my cat a bunch of cat nip, and then started teasing him. He'd swipe at my face and I'd duck. Well I was a bit slow and his claw got caught right underneath my left eyeball and half my face and clothes were covered in a steady river of blood. I remember my mom holding me up infront of the mirror and screaming "Look, that's all your blood!" or something like that.
I did this to my cat once... it did a flip and kicked me in the face. :lol: