Movies you've seen recently

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:51 am

Finally, a remake I like better than the original!
I also really enjoyed the remake and the new theme tune by Girls Aloud.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:41 am

yoshmaster5 wrote:Troll 2:

... piece... of... shit... run. run away. flee. NOW. RUN. 0_o;
It got you! And now it's after me! OH MY [email protected]#[email protected]#@
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:35 pm

They're eating her and then they're gonna eat me, OH MY GOOOOOD!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:25 am

Iced_Cappucino wrote:
They're eating her and then they're gonna eat me, OH MY GOOOOOD!
I thought I was confused!
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:20 am

ADMIN MODE:

Not a chat room, guys.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:02 pm

Last night I rented The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:26 am

Mirrors. What a pile of crap.

It's a generic Hollywood horror film.

First 30 minutes=Suspense suspense suspense

Last 30 minutes=ACTION ACTION ACTION

Inbetweeny bits=Meh

The bath scene was quite disturbing but the rest of the film just dragged, not to mention the protagonist has the dumbest family in horror film history.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:00 am

Okay, Joe and I took in a double feature at the drive-in tonight.

The Haunting of Molly Hartley-

Decent concept, but it seriously made no sense whatsoever. The ending was made of completely wtf-ery. Seriously, don't waste your money.

Quarantine-

OMG awesome. This movie terrified me. My only complaints are that it's filmed from a cameraman's point of view, so it gets a little bumpy here and there, but not nearly enough to make me nauseous (like the Blair Witch did to me), and the beginning is a bit slow. Great acting, awesome movie.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:15 am

Tiff wrote:Okay, Joe and I took in a double feature at the drive-in tonight.

Decent concept, but it seriously made no sense whatsoever. The ending was made of completely wtf-ery. Seriously, don't waste your money.

Quarantine-

OMG awesome. This movie terrified me. My only complaints are that it's filmed from a cameraman's point of view, so it gets a little bumpy here and there, but not nearly enough to make me nauseous (like the Blair Witch did to me), and the beginning is a bit slow. Great acting, awesome movie.
But is Quarantine scarier than this?
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:13 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Tiff wrote:Okay, Joe and I took in a double feature at the drive-in tonight.

Quarantine-

But is Quarantine scarier than this?
GAH HOLY EVIL PINK DOG GIRL ATTACK WITH DISGUISED POP STARS AND UNBEARABLE STUPIDITY!!!

Gee, thanks, AnimatedEvey12. Now I'm going to be up for weeks.

*moves back to reality*

Saw High School Musical today. No matter how terrifyingly one-note the characters are, and how silly every character who is not Troy or Gabriella is (seriously, the coach busts in on a detention?), I cannot get enough of the movie. I have all three novelizations, and the first six Stories From East High books (where my main complaint is that every single character has a tendency to go on and on and on and on and on and on about one single issue). The one weird issue here is, if we take the Stories as canonical events, then outside of basketball season, Troy plays golf. Keep in mind that these are set in between the first two movies. So they really have no reason whatsoever to stop Troy from taking part in the musical.
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 am

Alright, I just saw this recently and... really... Steve Carell is one of the best actors out there right now.

Get Smart

Basically, it takes the series from the 60s and 70s, and tries to add to it rather than copy it. Gags from the original series are kept in, like the long pathway with the 4-5 closing doors.

The entire movie was well done, and considering how difficult it is to make a movie a comedy, very impressive. Plus, they have the brilliant Steve Carell in the main role... and he is just so deadpan. The fact he is able to keep a stone face the entire time something is going on is just... insane. I'll be honest... he MAKES the movie.

favorite scenes:

[spoiler]When Maxwell Smart (Steve Carell) turns on the hose, and then hits the director of CONTROL over the head with a fire extinguisher.

Max Smart not turning on the 'cone of silence' and yelling about how he is so happy with everyone hearing.

Max smart trying to shoot off hand restraints with a mini-crossbow, keeps missing, and the darts rebound to hit him in teh face. About... 7 times. :lol:

The dance-off competition... the entire scene.

When Max Smart and Agent 99 steal a ferrari in rural Russia.
"Oh, everyone drives a ferrari."
Peasants: Holy shit a ferrari!

Conversation with the Director, agent 99, and agent 23.
"Wow, you used to go out with 23?! I am SO sexually threatened right now."

When the car that max Smart steals to escape the museum runs out of gas a minute into the road.

The entire finale. XD XD XD[/spoiler]
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:51 am

yoshmaster5 wrote:Alright, I just saw this recently and... really... Steve Carell is one of the best actors out there right now.

Get Smart

Basically, it takes the series from the 60s and 70s, and tries to add to it rather than copy it. Gags from the original series are kept in, like the long pathway with the 4-5 closing doors.

The entire movie was well done, and considering how difficult it is to make a movie a comedy, very impressive. Plus, they have the brilliant Steve Carell in the main role... and he is just so deadpan. The fact he is able to keep a stone face the entire time something is going on is just... insane. I'll be honest... he MAKES the movie.

favorite scenes:

[spoiler]When Maxwell Smart (Steve Carell) turns on the hose, and then hits the director of CONTROL over the head with a fire extinguisher.

Max Smart not turning on the 'cone of silence' and yelling about how he is so happy with everyone hearing.

Max smart trying to shoot off hand restraints with a mini-crossbow, keeps missing, and the darts rebound to hit him in teh face. About... 7 times. :lol:

The dance-off competition... the entire scene.

When Max Smart and Agent 99 steal a ferrari in rural Russia.
"Oh, everyone drives a ferrari."
Peasants: Holy shit a ferrari!

Conversation with the Director, agent 99, and agent 23.
"Wow, you used to go out with 23?! I am SO sexually threatened right now."

When the car that max Smart steals to escape the museum runs out of gas a minute into the road.

The entire finale. XD XD XD[/spoiler]
I've been meaning to see this movie anyway, but please tell me they kept the shoe-phone. That was probably the awesomest thing ever in any TV show.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:28 am

They did. It comes in a bit late in the movie, but it is still used. XD
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:04 pm

I saw Madagascar 2 yesterday, and it was pretty good. The Alex part of the story was kinda Lion King-y but still nice. As always, it was a little predictable, but it was kinda funny and I loved the actors in it. The couple jokes no one else in my group of friends got though were
[spoiler]There's a part when the villian keeps calling this deer Shirley, and his name is Bobby...yeah, Airplane!
and Alex does the dance that is in the Prolouge scene of West Side Story. Of course I screamed "West Side Story!!!" as soon as it came on, but, being the oddball I usually am, it was pretty quickly forgotten. Naturally there were plenty of references to New York, New York. I weep for the knowledge of culture most of my school-friends seem to have.[/spoiler]
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:04 pm

On Friday I saw Changeling , and the thing that disturbed me most [spoiler] was how the sick psycho Northcott, along with his cousin kidnapped kids and brought them into this ranch where they were all put in a chicken coop. The kids (9-12) are tortured and by Northcott simultaneously hitting them with an axe. The worst part were the poor kids screaming and crying while this asshole was killing them. Not only that, but he had his cousin assist him with the tortures and poor kid is traumatized. I would have been too in that situation. [/spoiler] Overall another great movie directed by Clint Eastwood.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Saw Twilight at midnight.

It was... so bad. This movie broke my heart, and not in a good way. [spoiler]It started off ok, but my god, would it have killed Kristin Stewart to show a little emotion in her performance? Maybe a SMILE here or there? There was no chemistry between Edward and Bella, no dvelopment of their relationship (it was like "Nice to meet you. Oh hey, I think we're soulmates or something.") no adoarable witty banter bewteen the two, no personality development to ANY of the characters. Bella in the book is a completly different character than movie-Bella. A stupid, monotone shell of nothing. The best actor in the movie was probably Charlie. Or Alice, who would have been great if they gave her lines or her backstory. There were some good moments, don't get me wrong, but moments don't make a story. This was not the right story.
Oh, and meadow scene was destroyed. Unforgivavble. It was nothing like the book. Hell, it wasn;t even a good MOVIE. Just bad all around.[/spoiler]

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:00 am

the*blue*girl wrote:Saw Twilight at midnight.

It was... so bad. This movie broke my heart, and not in a good way. [spoiler]It started off ok, but my god, would it have killed Kristin Stewart to show a little emotion in her performance? Maybe a SMILE here or there? There was no chemistry between Edward and Bella, no dvelopment of their relationship (it was like "Nice to meet you. Oh hey, I think we're soulmates or something.") no adoarable witty banter bewteen the two, no personality development to ANY of the characters. Bella in the book is a completly different character than movie-Bella. A stupid, monotone shell of nothing. The best actor in the movie was probably Charlie. Or Alice, who would have been great if they gave her lines or her backstory. There were some good moments, don't get me wrong, but moments don't make a story. This was not the right story.
Oh, and meadow scene was destroyed. Unforgivavble. It was nothing like the book. Hell, it wasn;t even a good MOVIE. Just bad all around.[/spoiler]
I'm not surprised int he slightest. Hell, I didn't even like Bella much in the books, and the movie, from what I saw in the previews, just made her worse.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:17 am

Tiff wrote:
the*blue*girl wrote:Saw Twilight at midnight.

I'm not surprised int he slightest. Hell, I didn't even like Bella much in the books, and the movie, from what I saw in the previews, just made her worse.
Agreed even though I just started reading Twilight (I like it so far), I just looked at the previews for this movie and I was like wow this looks like crap compared to what I have been hearing from all my friends that have read the books. Anyways back on topic last week I saw Quantum of Solace It was okay but I'm probably going to start watching the Bond films from the beginning.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Tiff wrote: Quarantine-

Nice to know I wasn't the only one terrified to death of this movie. My one chicken heart friend wasn't even scared. I was the only one screaming in the audience. D:
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:53 pm

So the past movies I've seen:
Valkyrie-It was okay but being nit-picky I would have preferred German accents.
Gran Torino-Awesome movie, I hope this isn't Clint's last acting role he said the same thing for Million Dollar Baby. I bet he will do one more.
Yes Man-Hilarious movie, although the scene [spoiler]where the elderly neighbor gives him a blowjob freaked me out a bit.[/spoiler]
Madagascar 2-This was better than the first one. Plot and characters are more developed compared to the first movie.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!