Movies you've seen recently

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:42 pm

I watched Frontier(s). It's basically the French version of Hostel.
I also saw a film called Dog eat Dog about a Thai hitman who falls in love with an abused girl, it's sort of strange in an [spoiler]everyone dies [/spoiler]way.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Call me a baby, but I haven't cried the way I did in a looooong time over WALL-E. I found it so touching, right down to the music and the execution of the plot. And EVE has to be my new favorite character.
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:18 pm

I saw Hancock today... It was pretty good, but somewhat predictable. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but I liked the plot, and I think Will Smith is a pretty good actor.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:35 am

I just was WALL-E two days ago.

*_*

Pixar... I love you so much.
WALL-E was simply brilliant. I'd recommend it to anybody. This deserves to win awards, but we know it won't. ;_;
So... I NOMINATE WALL-E FOR THE STEVEN COLBERT AWARD.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:20 pm

>_> I still can't imagine Wall-E being good..

Anyway, Joe and I saw Kung Fu Panda yesterday, and I thought it was great. Jack Black = win.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 pm

I went to see The Dark Knight today...it...was....AWESOME! Oh and the best part for me was [spoiler]Five words: BRUCE WAYNE IN SWIMMING TRUNKS. I <3 Christian Bale.[/spoiler]
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

michikodesu
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

The Dark Knight

Post by michikodesu » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:34 am

I just saw Batman yesterday and can I say how throughly impressed I was with the Joker!! The late great Heath Ledger was totally awesome! But on the bad side.......it seems like there will never be a Batman movie without the annoying chick in it...this time it was Bruce Wayne's childhood friend (again) Rachel Dawes. Was it me or did Maggie Gyllenhaal look kinda old in the movie? I dunno, they could have picked a better actress in my opinion....but that would not have made the character any more tolerable in my mind.

I give the movie two thumbs up, anyway!! Go see it if you really love Batman!!
GAZ: I m only thirteen levels away from finishing this game. So I either finish my game or make you wish I was never born!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:29 pm

I saw the Dark knight today. It was outstanding and Heath Ledger was amazing as the joker. I have to say I was actually quite attracted to the joker, hehe.

The scene where the joker is approaching Rachel and he is pushing his hair back in order to look smooth was hilarious. Heath should win an award for his performance, I really hope he does, it's just a shame he died too young.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:33 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:I saw the Dark knight today. It was outstanding and Heath Ledger was amazing as the joker. I have to say I was actually quite attracted to the joker, hehe.

The scene where the joker is approaching Rachel and he is pushing his hair back in order to look smooth was hilarious. Heath should win an award for his performance, I really hope he does, it's just a shame he died too young.
I absolutely loved that movie, and the Joker was amazing. I was disappointed with how little screen time both Scarecrow and Two Face got overall, being that they're two of my favorite batman villains ;_;

I loved the pencil trick =D =D

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:07 pm

I finally went to see Dark Knight today as well, and it was quite amazing. I can't really add onto what's already been said, however I too, loved the pencil trick. XD
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am

I saw Juno yesterday, I liked it. I dunno why some people hate it, I personally think it's more optimistic than other teen pregnancy movies (especially Lifetime movies). I don't agree that it glorifies teenage pregnancy like some people have been saying. I agree that the slang was a bit much, but at least Juno didn't say something like 'BEING PREGNANT IS PHAT!'. Honestly, if Lisa Lumby Richards rewrote the whole script, I think it would have been much worse.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

heartlessarchangel
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by heartlessarchangel » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:27 am

Just yesterday, I saw the movie Mirrors. went by myself. (Thank God I decided to go early in the afternoon) I thought it was a really good horror film. the ending left me a bit weirded out, but it was good. certaintly made you think.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Just recently, I decided to take it upon myself to watch one of the worst movies ever made. And by that, I mean I actually sat down and watched the unriffed version of Battlefield Earth.

If you have managed to avoid all the buzz about the story, here's the deal: In the year 2000, this evil, purple-air breathing race called the Psychlos took over our planet (which now is covered in green air) and have been mining it for gold. But somehow, they missed Fort Knox Which has survived a thousand years of being exposed to the elements, with all its bars intact and clean. Our hero, a guy named Jonnie Goodboy Tyler, is captured from an implausibly well-preserved mall (after hilariously crashing through several panes of ridiculously well-preserved stunt glass) and forced to work in their mines. Now, the head Psychlo, Terl (John Travolta playing a gay British Mafioso) is a selfish git who schemes to have a ridiculous amount of gold for himself, so he hires Jonnie, trains him in everything, and then leaves the guy to his own devices just like any moron would do. Of course, Jonnie's smarter than any dipshit Psychlo, and so he goes to Ft Knox, gets the gold, and then spends the rest of his time learning how to fly jets that not only haven't been used for a millennium, but also didn't succeed the first time (and it's a miracle that they even exist at all). And then Jonnie recalls that Psychlo atmosphere/"breath gas" is explosive . Yeah, I don't understand it either. Which means that our armies were useless, because we fell to a bunch of utter morons who could quite easily have been felled by just one nuclear bomb. But humanity finally twigs to that fact, and manages to find, along with all the Harrier jets, stunt glass and concrete walls, that we have a fully functional nuclear warhead. And that the Psychlos have a working teleporter. Since you're all smarter than any one of the people involved in this movie, I'll leave you to figure out how that gets used. The movie ends with the Psychlo stronghold also destroyed (never mind how much destruction that would actually entail, given what we know about their atmosphere) and Terl imprisoned inside Ft Knox.

Yes, I know I just spoiled the entire movie without warning or spoiler tags. Most of you are probably smart enough to know not to spend money on this movie. I certainly didn't. Most you'll spend is probably about...a dollar.

In order to entice you further, I give you this quote from Terl:
While you were still learning to SPELL YOUR NAME, I was being trained to conquer galaxies!

(for maximum enjoyment, the line should be uttered in a ridiculous British accent)

A word of warning, though: All scenes are shot with coloured filters (Blue/Purple for Psychlo areas, green for the rest of Earth) and at ridiculous angles. Not for those prone to splitting headaches.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:Just recently, I decided to take it upon myself to watch one of the worst movies ever made. And by that, I mean I actually sat down and watched the unriffed version of Battlefield Earth.
Are you kidding me? Battlefield Earth is a cinematic tour de force. You're just cranky because haven't had your rat today.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:33 am

NameGoesHere wrote:
Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:Just recently, I decided to take it upon myself to watch one of the worst movies ever made. And by that, I mean I actually sat down and watched the unriffed version of Battlefield Earth.
Are you kidding me? Battlefield Earth is a cinematic tour de force. You're just cranky because haven't had your rat today.
While you were still learning to SPELL YOUR NAME, I was being trained to appreciate great movies!
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Betsy Bubblegum's Journey Through Yummi-Land

Imagine the Bratz. Now, imagine the Bratz on a sugar high. And you get Betsy Bubblegum's Journey Through Yummi-Land.

The premise is this: Betsy Bubblegum is your average flavour-themed girl, who is going through Yummi-Land on the day of the biggest celebration ever. While there, she meets with her uncle, Mayor Sticky Marshmallow. And his aide, a bipedal bulldog in a business suit (repeat after me: it's a cartoon). And then, after being rebuffed in her attempts at helping him prepare for this ridiculously extravagant celebration, she goes off to an amphitheatre to meet up with the Candy Pop Girls, a local girl band. With a candy theme to the names. I don't actually remember any of the names, and none of the other characters stick around long enough for us to care. The Candy Pop girls are in a crisis: they've been selected to perform for the celebration, but can't seem to think of anything spectacular enough for the performance. Betsy suggests they use scented bubbles. She gets points for originality. Which can't quite compensate for her case of the hiccups. So they get her out into the fresh air, and she chases an orange sherbet puppy into a flower shop, meating the Flower Pop Girls and their ridiculously competent dogs. The only Flower Pop Girl whose name I remember is Lindsay Lue Lilac, and that I recall because she bears an uncanny resemblance to Miley Cyrus. Anyway, it turns out that the puppy is without an owner, and they suggest Betsy adopt it. In order to pay for the adoption, they give her a cash-in-hand job attempting to do stuff, before they discover that her sense of smell is second-to-none. So they set her the task of putting potpourri in the party favours, which gives her the sneezes. She adopts the dog, which runs off into a hair salon. Where the guest of honour at the ceremony has been de-scented by the Ice Cream Pop Girls. Betsy sets to work, succeeds, suffers no ill side effects and becomes the first ever "scentician" And finally, she is thanked by all three groups at the ceremony. Which is shown to be the most anticlimactic ceremony ever--it's a doggie wedding for the Bulldog's daughter. The only thing this has going for it is that it's not nearly as painful--or as frightening--as the animated Bratz canon. And the fact that it is on a sugar high (which isn't contagious, unfortunately).
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:07 am

I don't know if this counts as a movie but I gotta post it anyway

I saw the Star Wars Holiday Special for the first time 2 weeks ago

Yep I sat through the entire 2 hours of this masterpiece without a break.

It changes you is all I gotta say. It's an experience that the whole family will enjoy

(Run!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!! :shock: )
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:17 pm

^ Fighting the frizzies, at 11.

(GO SOUTH PARK)

Anyway, on topic... I've seen a few movies recently.

Troll 2:

... piece... of... shit... run. run away. flee. NOW. RUN. 0_o;

Armageddon:

Um... it was alright. I get South Park's accusations about Micheal Bay now. XD Plus, there were so many scientific inaccuracies in there bugged me qhite a bit. Plus, Liz Taylor had no point in that movie wahtsoever. Seriously, she had no role. At all. -__-;
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:11 pm

Um... it was alright. I get South Park's accusations about Micheal Bay now. XD Plus, there were so many scientific inaccuracies in there bugged me qhite a bit. Plus, Liz Taylor had no point in that movie wahtsoever. Seriously, she had no role. At all. -__-;
I know EXACTLY what you mean. She was only really needed for that final dramatic 'Drag hand down screen' scene.

I saw a bit of Pan's labyrinth, the scene with the Pale man and it scared the shit out of me. If I was in Ofelia's position I would probably of deposited into my pants right there and then.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:34 am

St Trinians

"Remember, girls, we have a reputation to uphold here!"

Finally, a remake I like better than the original!

If you're not familiar with the titular school, it's basically a school full of the most ill-behaved, anarchic schoolgirls one has ever had the misfortune to encounter. The teaching staff have all given up actually teaching them anything except the things we really want to know (like how to swear to an alibi in French). And the science lab is now a distillery, from which they send spirits down to local spiv Flash Harry.

The movie begins with headmistress Miss Fritton's (Rupert Everett) niece Annabelle arriving at the school. While initially horrified at the sheer lack of discipline expressed by the students, she gradually adapts to their horrifying (yet rather G-rated) ways.

But this anarchy is doomed. The bank is threatening the school with closure, Miss Fritton's right shit of a brother wants and Education Minister Geoffrey Thwaites (Colin Firth) wants to make an example out of the girls. So the girls plan a heist (complete with that immortal Italian Job quote, the Power Walk and some split-screen action) that revolves around a game show in the National Gallery.

All in all, a good load of fun. Even if you don't like the idea of [spoiler]Colin Firth killing off Mr Darcy.[/spoiler]
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot