Movies you've seen recently

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:
I for the most part enjoyed the movie but there was another part that everyone else seemed to love that really bugged me. Basically it was how Fred and George's defiance against Umbridge was handled. I guess I better "spoiler" this.

[spoiler]In the movie, it was one act of defiance, the Weasely twins breaking into final exams and disrupting the affair, with the students all cheering their fireworks. BULLSHIT!!!!!! These are the tests they've been preparing for for five years, the tests that determine whether they can get into advanced studies, will be eligible for elite jobs like Auror, and the Weasley's just ruined it, gave the administration an excuse to flunk anyone it didn't care for. Much as I hate Umbridge, if I were a student I'd hate the Weasley twins even more at just that moment. It was just a lame, juvenile prank instead of the well-handled undermining of authority from the book. It was a powerful scene make no mistake, but the effect was messed up for me because of this. Maybe it's all those teaching classes in me that's making me see it this way but it's still what I thought. They could have fixed it easily as well. All they needed was a montage to show the twins destroying Umbridge's authority, and then finish it off with the scene from the movie. Oh and what about the swamp? That left me in tears of laughter in the book.
[/spoiler]
o__O;;

Well, honestly. In the book, the students don't seem to give a flying sack of shit about the exams when McGonagall and Hagrid are being attacked by the Ministry outside near Hagrid's hut. They all jump up, abandon their exams, and run to look, talking and gasping and such.

So I mean..that's really not THAT much different.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:53 am

yoshmaster5 wrote:Well, I just got back from seeing Pixar's new movie, Ratitioue.
*Ratatouille
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:02 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
yoshmaster5 wrote:Well, I just got back from seeing Pixar's new movie, Ratitioue.
*Ratatouille
Do you have like...this incessant need to correct everybody's spelling in old posts? =P

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:04 pm

Tiff wrote:
Actually, no, they make her out to be this saintly girl who shoudl be forgiven for being forced to drink truth serum. It's bullshit. (I hate cho too, can't you tell? =P) So yeah. No SNEAK pimples.
Damn. I hate Cho too :evil:

And I LOVED the SNEAK pimples :cry:

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Lightweight
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Lightweight » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:50 pm

[singsong]The Simpsons![/singsong]

Good movie, but doesn't pull away from the fact that it feels like little more than an extended episode with added freedom for more riské/gross content. The animation was great, but the jokes were hit-or-miss. The story was nice and coherent, but there was no big sub-plot (something I like in episodes), and there was a juxtaposition of comedy and drama, making the film seem like the proverbial jack-of-all-trades in that point. Still, watch with an open mind, a mood for fun, and low hype, and the movie will deliver.

7/10
Now listening to: Gorillaz: El Mañana

"You can teach an old dog new tricks... but you cannot teach Madonna to act."
-Yakko Warner

Officially finished watching all Sailor Moon episodes as of April 19, 2008!!!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:57 pm

I just saw the 5th Hp movie.
Lucius Malfoy is the sexiest man in the world, right next to Severus Snape. Holy shit.

What I hated-
No quiddich. WTF ><
[spoiler] The fact that the Snapes Penseive Scene is reduced to a minor flashy thing.[/spoiler]

What I loved-
Sirius's Bitch slap to Lucius.
Lucius Malfoy in general ^^;; Moving on
Umbridge
The fight scene. Omigawd how awsome. Its epic.

A question to those who have scene the movie- There is a boy in the DA with longish black hair. Erm...who is he..? ^^;; I have no clue who he is..

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:39 pm

I haven't seen anyone talk about 300 here yet and I wonder if no one here has seen it.

You people don't know what your missing. Most people bash aganst this movie for its lack of historical accuracy and mindless violence.

I turn to those people and say "THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!" *kick*

Okay maybe not kick, but you get my idea. The movie was action packed and dark right from the very begining. It took it slow for a small time, then you get to the rest of the moive. A whole hour of action. I never knew watching heads (yes, heads) limbs and blood fly in the air in slow motion was so awsome.

[spoiler]Even the action managed to have deep feeling. The King, after keeping his promise to make the "Persian king bleed" Stands there, talking about his wife as a hail storm of arrows stab him[/spoiler]

And they kept alot of historical accuracy. With the children getting killed if deformed, or sick. And the fact that women had alot more freedom in sparta.

So, if you like action, and not-so-mindless violence, then watch this movie!!
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:32 pm

I saw 300 while it was in theaters. I thought I mentioned it on here though. I hadn't heard about it until a friend asked if I wanted to see it with her. I thought it was good. I liked how the colours in the movie matched the comic. We were laughing during it though, especially when (none of these are really spoilers, but just to be safe) [spoiler]when the King is talking to Xerxis while eating the apple. He was so calm and informal. It looked so weird.[/spoiler] and when [spoiler]Xerxis is right behind the King leaning on him saying "It is not the whip they fear". The innuendo![/spoiler]

And of course the Spartans calling the Athinians "boy lovers".
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:49 am

peachvampiress wrote:I saw 300 while it was in theaters. I thought I mentioned it on here though. I hadn't heard about it until a friend asked if I wanted to see it with her. I thought it was good. I liked how the colours in the movie matched the comic. We were laughing during it though, especially when (none of these are really spoilers, but just to be safe) [spoiler]when the King is talking to Xerxis while eating the apple. He was so calm and informal. It looked so weird.[/spoiler]And of course the Spartans calling the Athinians "boy lovers".

I thought that part was kickass. XD King Xerxis=TEH WIN!

After I saw the movie, I had the strong urge to kick someone into a pit shouting "THIS IS SPARTAA" at the top of my lungs.

Sadly there are no pits around here.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:35 am

Tiff wrote:
Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
*Ratatouille
Do you have like...this incessant need to correct everybody's spelling in old posts? =P
Yup. :P :P
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:05 am

my friend just showed me the original version of Gone in 60 seconds.

Great movie if you just like pointless chase scenes, and want to see one of the inspirations for the grand theft auto video game series
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:26 pm

I just got back from seeing the new Halloween movie in the theatres... Good LORD, was that movie scary. It's definetly the goriest Halloween movie I've ever seen.

One of the high points was Micheal Myers' backstory. Finally, he has a reason to be a sadistic murderer. He came from a disfunctional family, where he was always picked on by his older sister and his dad, the family was always cussing at each other, the older sister was basically a whore... Not to mention, little Micheal was picked on a lot in school. Then as you know, he snaps, and... I won't spoil anything beyond this.

I recommend this movie highly. Very VERY gory, but it just wouldn't be a Rob Zombie movie if it were all flowers and sunshine. 10/10, a definet must see if you want to be scared!

Another upside: Boobies. Plenty o' boobies. And one beaver shot. Hehehehe.[/shallow]
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:57 am

See, for me, gory /= scary. At all. I refuse to see this remake, given how much I love the original.

Also..o.O "oh noes, my sister is a whore and my mom cusses, so I are to be killing someone"? wow. Fail. Most least dysfunctional family EVER.

Joe and I saw Stardust Saturday, and it was AWESOME. It was funny, sweet, and a little thrillingall at the same time. Also, Robert DeNiro as an effiminate pirate is HILARIOUS. XD

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:01 pm

I saww Bee Movie. I thought I'd hate it. WRONG. It was so cute, and adorable. Lots of humor and a "Bee Larry King".

Plus we got free posters which equals teh win.

I saw a preview for a Veggie Tales movie in THEATERS <3 Love Veggie Tales.

Ark. Me wants to see Fred Clause and Enchanted so bad D=
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:17 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
I saw a preview for a Veggie Tales movie in THEATERS <3 Love Veggie Tales.

Ark. Me wants to see Fred Clause and Enchanted so bad D=
A veggie tales movie? God, kill it.

I want to see Enchanted, too.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:24 pm

Girl Play: A two person show re-worked to include a few extra cast members. Robin Greenspan and Lacie Harmon (who also wrote the original play) recount the tale of how their experience together on a play led to them hooking up. Also features Dom DeLuise as the play's flamboyantly gay director, and Mink Stole as Robin's mum. Stole gets the best line.
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:02 pm

I just went with my parents to see Beowulf...

Do yourself a favor, and DON'T see it at ALL COSTS. Unless you want to see a nude Angelina Jolie with a tail screw Beowulf, and the entire story torn apart by Hollywood, dont' see it. I wish I hadn't. ;_; Good lord, it was horrible... *cries*
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:15 pm

yoshmaster5
I just went with my parents to see Beowulf...

Do yourself a favor, and DON'T see it at ALL COSTS. Unless you want to see a nude Angelina Jolie with a tail screw Beowulf, and the entire story torn apart by Hollywood, dont' see it. I wish I hadn't. ;_; Good lord, it was horrible... *cries*
Really? I heard the movie was getting a bunch of positive reviews.

How did Grendel sound? Crispin Glover does his voice, and while I'm a fan, I honestly can't picture his voice (speaking old English no less) coming out of Grendel.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:58 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote:I just went with my parents to see Beowulf...

Well..Angelina Jolie IS pretty hot...XD

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:58 am

yoshmaster5 wrote:I just went with my parents to see Beowulf...

Of course the movie was going to be shreaded by Hollywood. Its Hollywood after all. "Based on" doesn't mean "Exact copy" anyway.

Besides, I haven't been to the movies in so long....I miss the wondetrful taste of their nachos.....
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-