South Park: Season 10

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

South Park: Season 10

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:49 pm

Well, it's the 10th season... and I'm sad to say it starts wiht a VERY sad note...

I'll sum it up by saying this:

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are pissed off to HELL at Scientologists. Issac Hayes is one, and the scientology episode they did kinda... it may have been blackmail, I dunno, but he quit the show because of that meaning, no more Chef, who is, quite frankly, the best character on the show. ;_; This, and possible lawsuits, I'd guess, have forced them to take it off the air, much like the Bloody Mary Episode last year too. this one well...

[spoiler]Chef fucking DIES. LITERALLY. and is brought back like Darth Vader.

He... joins this club, and turns inot a homosexual pedo, and is being rescued by the boys. and, the group- they liken to Scientologists in EVERY DAMN WAY. as it goes through, Chef 'comes to his senses' and is tried to be resuced. as they do, the mentality of the club is explained, which is about as fucked up as Scientology anyway. What happens is, Chef decides to go back for some reason, and dies in the most BRUTAL way they have had EVER on the show... and... there is NO FUCKING WAY Issac Hayes would want to work with them EVER again, from what i can see after this. I'm guessing it's another episode that will probably not be shown again...[/spoiler]

... I don't think the future for them will be... very bright...
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:59 pm

I remember hearing a few years ago that Trey and Matt were going to stop South Park after it's tenth season. I wonder if they're still planning on doing that.

T_T I'm going to miss chef, he was one of my favorites to. Chef Aid is still one of my favorite episodes (and it just aired up here in Canada a week ago).
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:27 pm

may be, but I've heard rumors they've signed deals with Comedy Central for up to... 13 seasons, I think...
-Adam Picard-

Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:31 pm

I have to agree, not one of South Park's finest moments. I thought it was pretty much fucked up until [spoiler]they brought Chef back as Darth Chef. [/spoiler]

And if this is their way of killing the show, considering this is an outlook to what is going to happen, then they are doing one hell of a job.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:51 pm

...Am I the only one who thinks it's hypocritical of Isaac Hayes to get uppity when his own religion is made fun of, but he didn't seem to give a damn whent hey made fun of Jews and Catholics?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:10 pm

Tiff wrote:...Am I the only one who thinks it's hypocritical of Isaac Hayes to get uppity when his own religion is made fun of, but he didn't seem to give a damn whent hey made fun of Jews and Catholics?
I would also like to add this little comment from The Soup:

"...We would just like to point out, that in Januray 2006, Hayes told the New York Daily News that he loved the humor in South Park, quote,
"They're equal-opportunity offenders. Don't be offended by it. If you take it too seriously, you have problems."
So I guess it makes it official; Isaac Hayes has problems."

I dunno, it probably is official. =/

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:50 pm

Tiff wrote:...Am I the only one who thinks it's hypocritical of Isaac Hayes to get uppity when his own religion is made fun of, but he didn't seem to give a damn whent hey made fun of Jews and Catholics?
Nope, my brother and I had a discussion about it and thought it was hypocritical. I guess it's ok to make fun of everythung under the sun, but poking fun at scientology is crossing the line. ::rolles eyes::.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:02 pm

Tempest wrote:
Nope, my brother and I had a discussion about it and thought it was hypocritical. I guess it's ok to make fun of everythung under the sun, but poking fun at scientology is crossing the line. ::rolles eyes::.
Same here. A bunch of us were talking about it at work the other day, and we all find it ridiclous. You would've thought that he would've taken offense to other things a hell of a lot eariler than when the scientology episode was made. It's very hypocritical indeed that when it get's to something he believe in to make a big deal out of it.

Onto season 10, I didn't realize it started last night. Sounds like I didn't miss much though. I'll have to tape one of the repeats when it airs to see and remember to set the VCR for the rest of the season.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:16 pm

Heh, good. I was beginning to think nobody else thought like I did.

Seriously, though..come on. You're going to make a statement about not getting offended, and then turn around and quit becuase of it? If you can't handle the heat, get out of the fucking fire, dude.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:17 pm

Just a thought, but do you think Issac Hayes could sue them for misusing his voice, or something like that?

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

~Suicide Kings

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:28 pm

Quite frankly, I don't think it's Issac Hayes that decided that. it was Scientologists, who probably, I htink, blackmailed him into quitting... and yeah, they've ALWAYS been able to be sued, I think that this is nothing different...

I think it's blackmail, that's how I'll stand.
-Adam Picard-

-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:13 pm

I thought that was hypocritical of him too, but I probably should have said something in my last post about it. There was no reason for him to fly off the handle about it and quit, but I also think that there was no reason for Stone and Parker to treat his leaving like that. It has just gotten childish in my opinion.

As for blackmail, I'll wait for more evidence to come in on that before I decide whether to believe it.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:51 pm

Neon Heart
I would also like to add this little comment from The Soup:

"...We would just like to point out, that in Januray 2006, Hayes told the New York Daily News that he loved the humor in South Park, quote,
"They're equal-opportunity offenders. Don't be offended by it. If you take it too seriously, you have problems."
So I guess it makes it official; Isaac Hayes has problems."

I dunno, it probably is official. =/
I remember reading that after the Tom Cruise episode aired. Everyone was waiting to see what Issac thought of the episode, and he came out with that quote and everyone thought he was fine with the episode. Seems odd that he's done a complete 180 now.

~Suicide Kings

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:53 pm

[spoiler]personally, i see no reason to have killed the character just because of issues with the actor. hell, couldn't he have just left and not made another appearance? it seems like a huge "FUCK YOU!" to all the fans, especially after that commercial: "south park's favorite resident returns!" ...and then is brutally murdered. wow, hilarious.[/spoiler]

on top of that, i really didn't find the episode itself at all funny. i didn't even laugh once. it was a serious disappointment, especially considering it was the season premier. if this is any indication of the direction season 10 will be heading, then i might just have to stick to repeats from now on...
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:17 pm

Am I the only one who didn't know the details about the Isaac Hayes thing before watching the episode? I thought the guy had just quit over money or something...

Following traditional South Park humor, I saw the episode as more of an attack against the "fruity organization" than Hayes himself. Of course, I do not know much about the issue, and I honestly don't care to worry over it. If Hayes wants to leave, that is his right. If Parker and Stone want to kill off Chef, that is their character, so that is their right. This issue isn't going to stop me from enjoying the new season. *shrugs*

I would think that working with a show like that for so long would have steeled a person against any kind of criticism possible. Thinking has never been my strong suit, though.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:17 pm

NameGoesHere wrote: Following traditional South Park humor, I saw the episode as more of an attack against the "fruity organization" than Hayes himself.
::nods:: After re-watching the episode, they weren't saying anything negative about Chef. They were blaming the "Super Adventure Club (Scientologists)" for everything, including taking Chef away. They never blamed Chef for anything. Yes, what they did to chef was ... brutal, but I don't think they are really mad at Issac Hayes.

I don't know how much of this is true, but My brother told me Isaac Hayes didn't actually quit himself. Someone quit for him over the scientology episode. So it's likely that The higher ups in the Scientology pressured him off of the show. I don't think I'd want to be a part of an organizion/church/whatever that had that much control over me and what I did.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:03 pm

NameGoesHere
Following traditional South Park humor, I saw the episode as more of an attack against the "fruity organization" than Hayes himself. Of course, I do not know much about the issue, and I honestly don't care to worry over it. If Hayes wants to leave, that is his right. If Parker and Stone want to kill off Chef, that is their character, so that is their right. This issue isn't going to stop me from enjoying the new season. *shrugs*
Haven't seen the episode yet (Canada won't get them for another six months) but yahoo news had a video about the story and showed a clip from the episode where Kyle was saying at Chef's funeral that the people shouldn't blame him, but should blame the organization he belonged to.

Still though, I think that just because Trey and Matt own the character doesn't mean they can just "abuse" him (for lack of a better term). Chef is a very popular and well liked character, and it isn't fair to kill him so brutally (or so I've heard) just because the actor who voiced him is being difficult.

~Suicide Kings

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by yoshmaster5 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:03 pm

that's what I thought, that the Scientologists were the ones that forced Issac Hayes off. X_x;
-Adam Picard-

-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:31 pm

Smug Alert:

Well, this one is better than the previous, I think. everyone starts buying Hybrid cars, and Smug forms from them, being completely stuck up. Kyles family buys one, and they become complete assholes, and move to San Fransisco, being complete jerkwads, and smelling thier own farts. it goes more and more insane, to the point where George Clooney's acceptance speech froms with Smug clouds, and destroys tons of the Midwest, San Fransisco disappearing up it's own asshole. ... and Cartman saves Kyle. VERY random, I think, and VERY comical. better thant he previous one, IMO...
-Adam Picard-

-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:47 pm

I thought this one was a total 180 also. I thought it was funny when [spoiler]the other San Fransisco kids said they did drugs and alcohol to get away from their parents being pricks, and Ike said he wanted three. [/spoiler]
Come join the party.