Shows you never thought you'd see again....

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Fri May 12, 2006 11:02 am

Pirates of Darkwater.

I mainly want this to come out on DVD, because it might just generate enough popularity for them to finish the Goddamn series!

It's the worst clifhanger since Dynasty (or so I'm told).

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sat May 13, 2006 5:18 pm

You can watch old TV shows at Youtube.com. They have an episode of Salute your Shorts, Hey Dude, a bunch of Are You afraid of the dark, and many more.

The one show that I miss but not a lot of people seem to remember is You Can't Do That On Television. They have a few of those episodes on Youtube too.

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Sat May 13, 2006 5:58 pm

Rin wrote:You can watch old TV shows at Youtube.com. They have an episode of Salute your Shorts, Hey Dude, a bunch of Are You afraid of the dark, and many more.

The one show that I miss but not a lot of people seem to remember is You Can't Do That On Television. They have a few of those episodes on Youtube too.
I remember all of those shows...man I feel old. Although I have very faint memories of You Can't do that on Television, I just remember people getting "slimed" and Barfy's diner.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat May 13, 2006 6:02 pm

I was so happy when they released Danger Mouse on DVD. Anyone here love that show? I used to watch it every night back in the early days of Nick

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:54 pm

Only another month till Darkwing Duck and Talespin Volume 1. With Pilot episodes! woo hoo!!! I couldn't be happier.

More news on She-Ra. He-Man.org has announced that they will be releasing an alternate cover for the Best of release. It's to reflect the poster art for the Secret of the Sword movie. Anyway, they will be selling them on the site. There's supposed to be different art cards in it too. So you can decide which cover you like better to collect. I'm not sure when they plan to sell though.

In Disney Gargoyles news, Season 1 and Season 2 Volume 1 are out. have been for a good long time. But we're not sure if they will release Volume 2 because volume 1 didn't sell as well. If anyone on here loves Gargoyles and didn't know it's available, now you know. I'm hoping sales improve because I want to see the second half of the second season because that's when the episodes really started to get good!!!

Ok, i'm done ranting.

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:09 pm

Shows that I love that have/will be released:

Wacky Races- I love cartoons of any kind, and some of the old school ones are better then even today's!

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines- My obsession for this show will never die, and it was worth the hell I went through to get my rug of the two main characters.

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop- I have no idea why I like this show, honestly. The Hooded Claw rules, though!

Hong Kong Phooey (to be released in August)- Number one super guy! I miss this show so much!

Darkwing Duck (also August)- the box art is beautiful, and I just hope that the episodes will remain uncut and the "lost" episodes included.

Gargoyles- So awsome, but even though "Deadly Force" was included in season 1, it was edited!

Animaniacs (to be released this month!)- Haven't seen this show in a long time, I'm excited to see it again.

Want to see:

Road Rovers- Only thirteen episodes, but so freaking awesome and funny! Two episodes were edited when they re-aired on TV, taking out the "Russian names song" in one, and another with never before seen footage of Princess Diana because she died shorty after.

Bonkers- A really entertaining show and I loved the crossovers, especially when the Mad Hatter and March Hare showed up, and I really want to see the banned episode where Miranda because Bonkers' new partner.

Mighty Max- I only remember the name and what the characters look like, nothing more. I know I really liked it as a kid, though.
STAGE OUT!!!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:57 pm

TVshowsondvd is rumoring that Dungeons and Dragons is coming to dvd. I'm actually a little excited. I'm hoping to see it.

Super Mario Bros. Super Show volume 2 is supposed to be coming this fall. My sister has watched and rewatched the first volume so much it's driving me nuts. But it's been good to see the show again. Live action segments included. I'm hoping the other mario shows get released.

Alf the animated series and Alf Tales are now out. I just bought them. Alf Tales is even funnier than I remember.

As for Gargoyles, the dvds are uncut. Deadly Force was in the first season and it was edited on tv when it was on ABC family and Toon Disney. I'm very pleased that the dvd release has kept every episode all intact and the way it was originally broadcast in the mid 90's. the extras are even quite good. It's more than worth anyone's time to view.

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:27 am

DreamEmpress wrote: As for Gargoyles, the dvds are uncut. Deadly Force was in the first season and it was edited on tv when it was on ABC family and Toon Disney. I'm very pleased that the dvd release has kept every episode all intact and the way it was originally broadcast in the mid 90's. the extras are even quite good. It's more than worth anyone's time to view.
MOSTLY uncut; in "Deadly Force", although not a huge deal, the pool of blood Elisa was lying in was lessened. I compared it to a few sites that had the episode to download, and it was definately changed.
STAGE OUT!!!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:56 pm

I saw Deadly Force when it was originally broadcast, I saw the edited version and I have the dvd version. As far as I can tell, the dvd version is uncut. Greg Wiseman went to a lot of trouble to make sure it wasn't the edited one. (after all it's his creation) If there is any kind of cut on there, it's got to be extremely minor in that scene because it was as moving as when I first saw it. And that was a lot of blood on the floor. (The edited for ABC Family always annoyed me because not showing the blood really lessened the impact of Elisa being shot.)

That is my observation. Sounds like you've done some research too, i respect that highly. I just also know what I've seen too. And so I'm just going to leave it at that.

Back on topic:

Only a little more time before the warners are let out of the water tower! Woo Hoo! I can't wait. I haven't seen Animaniacs in years.

This week another Care Bear cartoon release. I love being able to relive the Care Bear Family cartoons.

Has anyone seen the Facts of Life dvd release? I'm still itching to see it. I miss that show.

I just got word on TVshowsondvd that the Odd Couple tv series is coming this fall. I loved that show. I've worn out my parents tape that they have taped off the tv years ago. Oscar was cool, but I loved Felix. *sigh* Tony Randall we miss you...

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:14 pm

oh man, it's been a little bit since anyone posted. Sorry if I'm posting under myself again, but I've found out some super great news!

first off, For all you Gummi Bear fans out there! November 14th they are releasing the very first volume which is 3 discs and covers the first 3 seaons. Woo Hoo! I haven't seen that show in years and years. i can't wait!

Ok, this is more of follow up news, but November 14th is a fairly heavy disney dvd day. Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers Volume 2 and DuckTales Volume 2 are both coming out. And for all of you who were totally ticked off at Disney for being a bunch of jerks and not releasing the 5 episode pilots, you're justice has come! Disney heard us and are releasing them in these Volume 2 sets. I'm just happy beyond words.

For those of you who remember watching Star Trek the animated series, it's coming November 21st. It's supposed to be a good set, but it is a bit expensive. so be warned, you may have to shell out a bit.

More follow up news. Looney Tunes Gold Collection 4 is coming November 14th too. and it's including Knighty Knight Bugs.

And lastly She-Ra Princess of Power Vol. 1 is coming Nov. 7th. I'm so happy!

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:09 am

Boy, alot of those shows bring back memories. One thing about Gargoyles, boy that show was hard to keep up with even when it was on syndication.

Hey, do you all remember a show that came on during the CN Action-Adventure Block (sorry can't remember the name) called Centurions? That remember watching some of it back during my elementary years. A few years ago I caught it on Boomarang--awesome suits.

One show, I'd wish they'd put on DVD is Sabrina the Teenaged Witch. This show is still great and would sell big on DVD.

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:11 am

SPOOOOON!

Now if only Eek the Cat and Reboot would be released on DVD
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:37 am

I didnt think that the Johnnny Quest serious would come to DVD :| or VHS..but they did :D
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

Kali
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kali » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:07 pm

Sabrina the teenage wicth started airing again last year!! !I was so shocked!!!

And Captain Planet comes on TBS nwo at 8AM on saturdays.... MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY, i love captian planet!!

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:25 am

I just Hong Kong Phooey on Tues., which I haven't seen in several years. It was great to see one of my old pals again.

At Target, it was under $20 for 31 episodes if anyone's interested.
STAGE OUT!!!

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:57 pm

One other show I thought of today while waxing nostalgic: Square One Television. This was an educational show all about mathematics, with lots of song and dance, and it was funny besides. The last segment of the show was called Mathnet, which was a takeoff on Dragnet, where two detectives solved crime using maths.

Some YouTube clips, quality is pretty bad:

Percents
Number Nine
8 percent of My Love.
A Mathnet investigation.

I hope this gets picked up for DVD release.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:42 pm

In the Nonsense Off-topic Madness thread, I posted a link to an episode of Mission Genesis (aka Deepwater Black) on Youtube. Because of the looseness of the adaptation, I could only really enjoy it as a show on its own without reference to the books. To be fair though, the books moved at breakneck speed and often proved very confusing. And the series went on to put in names for Reb and Bren...but then left everyone else off the list and re-spelled "Yoona" and "Lis".
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:10 am

The old Sonic cartoon I used to watch before I went to school in second grade is coming out on DVD from Shout! Factory, the same great company that released Home Movies!

This is not the crappy Sonic with the two dumb robots, but the one with Princess Sally and the Freedom Fighters!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6436

On message boards and such, I think it'll come out shortly after the ball drops on New Years, but it can't come soon enough for me! However, it was a long time ago, so I really hope I still like it!
STAGE OUT!!!

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:38 am

Mad Hatteress Belial wrote:The old Sonic cartoon I used to watch before I went to school in second grade is coming out on DVD from Shout! Factory, the same great company that released Home Movies!

This is not the crappy Sonic with the two dumb robots, but the one with Princess Sally and the Freedom Fighters!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6436

On message boards and such, I think it'll come out shortly after the ball drops on New Years, but it can't come soon enough for me! However, it was a long time ago, so I really hope I still like it!
Ah yes, Sonic SatAm (Sonic, Saturday AM). I was just watching the introl clips on YouTube the other day. I'd love to see this show again.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 pm

I ended up surfing the internet and I found out You Tube had "Roniin Warriors.". I loved that show as a kid, buut people called me weird for watching it because I was a girl, and girls weren't supposed to like anime.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!