Shows you never thought you'd see again....

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:33 am

Kameko
I see that they are releasing the complete 1997 season of The Red Green Show. Hopefully they'll release more complete seasons.
They're WHAT! *goes and looks it up*

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!

XD Super Happy fun mode time!! That's season 7. It has some really hilarious episodes on it (The Swiss episode, the Marti Gras episode). I wonder if there'll be any special features.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:43 am

I know. Isn't great? It would be nice to have special features but I'd be prefectly happy with just the episodes and more complete seasons. This show is hilarious. A Red Green quote is now gracing my sig.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:38 am

Kameko wrote:Most of the shows I would like out on DVD/happy they are out on DVD have already been mentioned:

Duck Tales (I have the theme song in German, along with the full version.)
Rescue Rangers (I have the full version of its theme song too.)
Tale Spin
Darkwing Duck
Invader Zim (Nick sucks for canceling this show.)
The Tick
Dinosaurs
The original Ghostbusters

I see that they are releasing the complete 1997 season of The Red Green Show. Hopefully they'll release more complete seasons. I'd like to see The Angry Beavers out on DVD. Watching that show was like watching my brothers. I want Daggit's calender: 365 Ways and Days to Completely Annoy Your Brother. The Yak in the Sak episode was a classic. ADV released the third and fourth season of Reboot but not the first and second season and the third season is out of print. But most of I would LOVE to see Eek the Cat out on DVD.
Invader Zim is already out on DVD. I have the first two volumes.

It wasn't Nick's fault that Zim was cancelled. Jhonen Vasquez didn't want to do it anymore. Nickelodeon had nothing to do with it.

Oh GOD. I want the angry Beavers to come out on DVD so bad. That is my favorite of all nicktoons.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:08 am

Tempest wrote:Oh GOD. I want the angry Beavers to come out on DVD so bad. That is my favorite of all nicktoons.

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!! xD You and I should start an alliance for that, or something. True, it's been YEARS since I've actually seen an episode of TAB, but still. I remember laughing so hard while watching it.

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:10 am

Tempest wrote:Invader Zim is already out on DVD. I have the first two volumes.
I know. As I said in my post that list includes shows that I'm happy that are out on DVD. Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers. Dinosaurs and Ghostbusters have DVD releases too.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:07 pm

Kameko wrote:
Tempest wrote:Invader Zim is already out on DVD. I have the first two volumes.
I know. As I said in my post that list includes shows that I'm happy that are out on DVD. Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers. Dinosaurs and Ghostbusters have DVD releases too.
My bad. I misinterprated what you wrote.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:33 pm

Is The TIck on DVD? If not, then I would love to see it. It was one of my favorites. Another would have to be the Sam and Max cartoon. Oh man, I miss that show. I remeber the episode whre they were talking about the pancreas and stuff in the body. I wish I could find the games, they look as funny as the cartoons.
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:09 am

On the official Voltron site, www.voltron.com, there's a mysterious countdown and some indications that there may in fact be a North American DVD released shortly.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:57 am

Tempest wrote:It wasn't Nick's fault that Zim was cancelled. Jhonen Vasquez didn't want to do it anymore. Nickelodeon had nothing to do with it.
Nick had everything to do with it. Jhonen Vasquez left over "creative differences." In other words, Nick wouldn't allow him to do what he wanted to do. If granted creative freedom he might pick up Zim again. It was Steve Ressel, a key crew member, who said that he wouldn't do Zim anymore. From Zim's wiki article:
Creative differences with Nickelodeon drove Jhonen Vasquez from the show. Even if the show is ever picked up again, a key staff member, Steve Ressel, has stated that he no longer wishes to work on it. In an IGN interview, Vasquez has claimed that were he to get creative freedom on Zim, he may possibly continue it. Since the cancellation, Mr. Vasquez and the other crew have moved on to other projects.

An attempt to recreate Zim is being done by fans at the Invader ZIM Fan Animated Series. Fans have also raised an online petition for the relaunch of Invader Zim.

Vasquez has also mentioned that after Zim was finished he was approached by several animation production companies (some big names, he claimed) wishing for him to do a Zim like program. He's refused them all, not wanting to live life as a children's show producer, and wanted to go on to something else. What, exactly, is unclear at this point in time.
I can't help but wonder why Nick would pick up Invader Zim as it's darker then thier other shows, especially coming from the creator of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:02 am

Sailorasteroid wrote:On the official Voltron site, www.voltron.com, there's a mysterious countdown and some indications that there may in fact be a North American DVD released shortly.
I'm suprised no one mentioned this yet, but before the weekend, it was announced that Media Blasters picked up Voltron and will be releasing it in September.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:04 am

Since you guys seem to be big Beavers fans... I'd just like to point out that I was the proud webmistress of THE FIRST ANGRY BEAVERS WEBSITE ON THE INTERWEB when I was about 12. =D

Ever heard of "The Red Frog's Unofficial Angry Beavers Page"? Yea.... well... that was my first screen name XD

My personal fave Nicktoon will always be Real Monsters though. I was obsessed with it like nothing else for YEARS. But early TAB is definitely a close second. I stopped watching it after they switched writers >_>

If either of those come to DVD I will be one happy froggie.
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:09 pm

AAAAHHHH, -squeak- REAL monsters!

-squeaaaals-
Aww, and when Ickis finds that puppy...
And when Ickis goes super huge! xD
His name was Ickis, right? -tilts head- It's been so many years...

First website?! OOH. o.o Sylph rocks!
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

djtaylor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by djtaylor » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:06 pm

HAY... pesonaly i'm a big fan of all the 80's action cartoons, stuf like
GI Joe-Mask-Dinosaucers-Jem- I've got abig list if any body caers.
Theres also a lot of early 90's cartoons I like "EXO Squad is the best"( i'm stil waeting for that one).And I almoset peed my pant when I herd Technoman was coming to dvd.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:17 pm

Kameko wrote:
Tempest wrote: It wasn't Nick's fault that Zim was cancelled. Jhonen Vasquez didn't want to do it anymore. Nickelodeon had nothing to do with it.
Nick had everything to do with it. Jhonen Vasquez left over "creative differences." In other words, Nick wouldn't allow him to do what he wanted to do. If granted creative freedom he might pick up Zim again. It was Steve Ressel, a key crew member, who said that he wouldn't do Zim anymore. From Zim's wiki article:
Creative differences with Nickelodeon drove Jhonen Vasquez from the show. Even if the show is ever picked up again, a key staff member, Steve Ressel, has stated that he no longer wishes to work on it. In an IGN interview, Vasquez has claimed that were he to get creative freedom on Zim, he may possibly continue it. Since the cancellation, Mr. Vasquez and the other crew have moved on to other projects.

An attempt to recreate Zim is being done by fans at the Invader ZIM Fan Animated Series. Fans have also raised an online petition for the relaunch of Invader Zim.

Vasquez has also mentioned that after Zim was finished he was approached by several animation production companies (some big names, he claimed) wishing for him to do a Zim like program. He's refused them all, not wanting to live life as a children's show producer, and wanted to go on to something else. What, exactly, is unclear at this point in time.
I can't help but wonder why Nick would pick up Invader Zim as it's darker then thier other shows, especially coming from the creator of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.
::shrugs:: I've always read that Jhonen Vasquez simply didn't want to do it any more.

He knew Nick was a children's TV station. He should have known that he can only be so dark. Anything more than what was present and they wouldn't allow it to be aired. He didn't want to do it any more because he couldn't do what he wanted. When people are asked to do something they are given a set of conditions, especially for a kid's based network. He signed the contract and took the money. Then, after Zim became popular, he wanted more "creative freedom". After all is said and done he quit.
Given the level of darkness on that show, and it was the darkest show on Nick, he had pleanty of creative control. I'm actually surprised they let "Dark Harvest", as well as a few other episodes, on the air.

For all we know he used "creative differences" as a way to get out of doing the show all together. He stated himself that, "... not wanting to live life as a children's show producer". The only people who know for sure are the people involved.
djtaylor wrote:HAY... pesonaly i'm a big fan of all the 80's action cartoons, stuf like
GI Joe-Mask-Dinosaucers-Jem- I've got abig list if any body caers.
Theres also a lot of early 90's cartoons I like "EXO Squad is the best"( i'm stil waeting for that one).And I almoset peed my pant when I herd Technoman was coming to dvd.
Dinosaucers!? I havn't thought about that cartoon in AGES! o_____o Oh my god. I used to loved that show on USA's Cartoon Express. I'd love for that to come out on DVD just see it again.

One I wouldn't mind seeing: The Animated Adventures of Grimm's Fairytales, that came on Classic Nick. ;__; I loved that cartoon. That and David the Gnome. xD

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:15 pm

Musashi wrote:AAAAHHHH, -squeak- REAL monsters!

-squeaaaals-
Aww, and when Ickis finds that puppy...
And when Ickis goes super huge! xD
His name was Ickis, right? -tilts head- It's been so many years...

First website?! OOH. o.o Sylph rocks!
Yep, Ickis. =D You can't help but love him (and Charlie Adler, so talented), but Oblina will always be my favorite. She was totally my hero growing up, lol. I could even do her accent perfectly, not any more :/ Christine Cavanaugh was my absolute favorite VA too, I must have watched Babe about 30,000 times when I was younger. I nearly cried when she retired ;_;

I still catch reruns of it sometimes on the Nicktoons channel but sadly its only on at like 5 in the morning :cry:
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:35 pm

Oblina! What an awesome candy cane/snake monster thing.
What was that line? I'm so mad I could /spit./
That always cracked me up. xD

Ickiiis~! Too... cute. xD

Babe! Babe's adorable too. <3
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:01 pm

"The Adventures of Superman" Season One
"The Adventures of Superman" Season Two
Saw them on "Nick at Nite". :D Ahhhhhhhh, the memories. (I'm old, but I'm not THAT old.) :wink: The ones I wish Nick at Nite would bring back are "Star Trek" and "The Green Hornet".
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:43 pm

Woo Hoo! Ducktales Vol 2 and Rescue Rangers vol 2 are coming in November! I am so happy. *prays* please have pilot episodes...

My other amazing news....Attention all She-Ra fans! Best of She-Ra two disc dvd is coming July 18th. It has 5 episodes and The Secret of the Sword feature film. Plus other bonus features. You know how good the features on He-Man are. Finally our long wait is over. The volume sets aren't gonna be far behind.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:13 am

DreamEmpress wrote:My other amazing news....Attention all She-Ra fans! Best of She-Ra two disc dvd is coming July 18th. It has 5 episodes and The Secret of the Sword feature film. Plus other bonus features. You know how good the features on He-Man are. Finally our long wait is over. The volume sets aren't gonna be far behind.

:D! ::explodes::

OMG. I loved She-ra, but I didn't think it was as popular as He-man so I thought it would never be released to dvd. Sweet deal.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue May 09, 2006 4:15 am

DreamEmpress wrote:Woo Hoo! Ducktales Vol 2 and Rescue Rangers vol 2 are coming in November! I am so happy. *prays* please have pilot episodes...

My other amazing news....Attention all She-Ra fans! Best of She-Ra two disc dvd is coming July 18th. It has 5 episodes and The Secret of the Sword feature film. Plus other bonus features. You know how good the features on He-Man are. Finally our long wait is over. The volume sets aren't gonna be far behind.
Somewhere out there someone needs me...I don't know how or where but believe me, I'll walk the universe to find her...
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.