Shows you never thought you'd see again....

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:44 am

Sailor V wrote:I ended up surfing the internet and I found out You Tube had "Roniin Warriors.". I loved that show as a kid, buut people called me weird for watching it because I was a girl, and girls weren't supposed to like anime.
*Twitch*

That reminds of a situation in Sun Coast (no longer open) at the Mall of America where two boys called me a lesbian for liking anime, and the DVD I was holding "accidentally" hit one of them square in the face.
STAGE OUT!!!

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:02 pm

I think my leg found "accidentally" found his way up to his balls if you know what I mean. :wink:
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:41 am

The Girl From Tomorrow. I thought the only DVD would be the one of the movie version--something that's been done so many times it's not funny. The story concerns Alana, an unwilling time traveller from the year 3000 who finds herself trapped in 1990.

Although the show itself is enjoyable, the logic required to move the plot forward is astounding--the timeline holds itself in place after not one, but two trips through time (both of which end up with natives of earlier times being brought back), Alana is able to shoot a blue beam from her Transducer while being pursued by Silverthorn, Alana's able to heal herself with her Transducer (which is otherwise shown to only be able to manipulate objects in front of it) and Alana's computerised bracelet, PJ, is shown to be able to adapt--quite quickly--to a 1990 school computer. Maybe I can put that last one down to computers of the year 3000 having insane processing capabilities, although the limited shots we do get of the year 3000 also show that they are no more advanced than CRTs and Vector graphics...
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:59 pm

I'd probably be called wierd if more people knew I liked BSSM. I don't tell many people that... :?

One thing that would be awesome is if Adult Swim took Arrested Development. that would kick ass.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:33 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote:I'd probably be called wierd if more people knew I liked BSSM. I don't tell many people that... :?

One thing that would be awesome is if Adult Swim took Arrested Development. that would kick ass.
...But it's CARTOON network... O__o;

PeeWee and Saved By The Bell were one thing..they were just random little nostalgia trips, meant for us of the 80's generation to go "omg I remember that! What a horrid show!"

But to take Arrested Development would make...no sense.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:46 pm

When it was cancelled, they had a thing on there about it winning emmys, and fox cancelling it. memory's hazy but...

"Maybe we should pick it up. after all, it wouldn't be the first thing we've saved from Fox's trash bin."
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:34 pm

G4 TV has been showing Arrested Development at night. In Michigan, it's channel 50 or 52 on Charter Cable. If you don't have that, it's on DirectTV and Dish Network.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:12 am

I remember The Girl from Tomorrow. I saw the movie when it aired on the disney channel back in 1991..or was it 1992? I loved that film. kind of bummed when I found out there was a series and I couldn't watch it.

Okay, attention Captain N fans! Febuary is the official month of release. I'm so excited. I haven't seen this in years. yay!

And for those Beauty and the Beast fans out there, Feb is our month too! Season 1 is coming. I never got to see the series when it first aired and I only recently got to see a couple episodes. I'm officially hooked. Gotta get me more Vincent now.

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:19 pm

Mad Hatteress Belial wrote:Shows that I love that have/will be released:

Wacky Races- I love cartoons of any kind, and some of the old school ones are better then even today's!

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines- My obsession for this show will never die, and it was worth the hell I went through to get my rug of the two main characters.

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop- I have no idea why I like this show, honestly. The Hooded Claw rules, though!

Hong Kong Phooey (to be released in August)- Number one super guy! I miss this show so much!

Darkwing Duck (also August)- the box art is beautiful, and I just hope that the episodes will remain uncut and the "lost" episodes included.

Gargoyles- So awsome, but even though "Deadly Force" was included in season 1, it was edited!

Animaniacs (to be released this month!)- Haven't seen this show in a long time, I'm excited to see it again.

Want to see:

Road Rovers- Only thirteen episodes, but so freaking awesome and funny! Two episodes were edited when they re-aired on TV, taking out the "Russian names song" in one, and another with never before seen footage of Princess Diana because she died shorty after.

Bonkers- A really entertaining show and I loved the crossovers, especially when the Mad Hatter and March Hare showed up, and I really want to see the banned episode where Miranda because Bonkers' new partner.

Mighty Max- I only remember the name and what the characters look like, nothing more. I know I really liked it as a kid, though.
Already have The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Dastardly & Muttley, and Wacky Races. You're right, they ARE worth the hell we both went through to get them. :D :D :D
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"