LOST

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat May 27, 2006 9:21 pm

Sylphiel
OMG, that Charlie figure is AWESOME. <333

*IS GETTING THAT WHEN IT COMES OUT*

Actually, if they aren't too expensive (which from the quality of that one, it looks like they probably will be x_x)... I'd get them all =D

Speaking of LOST, I've seen all of Season 2 now. The season finale which was on Wednesday was amazing!
McFarlane toys, set of six figures, 6 inches tall...... *does math on chalk board*, you're probably looking at around $12 each (up here in Canada I pay about $15 for their figures). McFarlane toys is known for their detailed work, though some times at the cost of articulation and strength. There toys are very very very very fragile, so if you buy them check the box to make sure nothing's broken, remove it carefully and try not to touch them to much

(>_> <_< I have a small collection of toys/figures so I try to keep on the up and up).
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Sat May 27, 2006 11:44 pm

Are the 6 being sold together or separately? From the pic of the Charlie figure I saw, it seemed big enough that it was being sold on its own ^^;

I can't believe that is only 6" tall. It's AMAZINGLY detailed for being that small. I'm definitely getting the Charlie one because he's my favorite. <3
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun May 28, 2006 9:32 am

Syphiel
Are the 6 being sold together or separately? From the pic of the Charlie figure I saw, it seemed big enough that it was being sold on its own ^^;
Each sold seperately, but CornerStoreComics.com is preselling them with the opportunity to buy them all together for cheap

Though I'd wait until photos for all the characters come out :P

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

~Suicide Kings

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Sun May 28, 2006 11:57 am

peachvampiress wrote:Though I'd wait until photos for all the characters come out :P
Definitely, and from those prices, I can't afford them all anyway. ^^;;; I'll probably end up getting the the two or three I like best after seeing them.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.

To those whod ground me

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Mon May 29, 2006 12:58 am

Sorry for the double-post, but I come bearing news!

"UBISOFT ANNOUNCES VIDEO GAME BASED ON LOST". Freakin' sweet! All I have to say is, I really, really hope it doesn't suck. =D I can see it now...

"Locke attacks with KUNG-FU CRIPPLE SMASH!"
"Jack has healed you for 3,000 points of damage with a band-aid."
"Kate gives ReallyPoutyFace. Opponent is stunned."
"Mr. Eko beats down Smoke Monster with Jesus Stick! CRITICAL HIT!"

XD
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.

To those whod ground me

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon May 29, 2006 10:24 am

Sylphiel wrote:Sorry for the double-post, but I come bearing news!

"UBISOFT ANNOUNCES VIDEO GAME BASED ON LOST". Freakin' sweet! All I have to say is, I really, really hope it doesn't suck. =D I can see it now...

"Locke attacks with KUNG-FU CRIPPLE SMASH!"
"Jack has healed you for 3,000 points of damage with a band-aid."
"Kate gives ReallyPoutyFace. Opponent is stunned."
"Mr. Eko beats down Smoke Monster with Jesus Stick! CRITICAL HIT!"

XD
*finishes hysterical laughter*

I wonder if this would have something to do with the real-time game or whatever it's called going on now. (The one where you have to keep going to www.thehansofoundation.org to play.)

And I would like to see a fight between Mr. Eko and the Smoke Monster. I wonder who would win.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:16 am

Gimme some love Syphiel, Peach and her amazing sources found pictures of the LOST figures from Comic-Con

figgies!

Looking at those, either McFarlane is so good they managed to hide the articulation (Ha ha ha ha!) or those are pretty much small statues because I'm not seeing any lines that indicate articulation. You're probably better off if they're statues because they may not break as much (of course this is McFarlane, where looking at their products causes them to spontaniously combust).

~Suicide Kings

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:41 am

peachvampiress wrote:Gimme some love Syphiel, Peach and her amazing sources found pictures of the LOST figures from Comic-Con

figgies!

Looking at those, either McFarlane is so good they managed to hide the articulation (Ha ha ha ha!) or those are pretty much small statues because I'm not seeing any lines that indicate articulation. You're probably better off if they're statues because they may not break as much (of course this is McFarlane, where looking at their products causes them to spontaniously combust).
Yep, I've seen them already from a LJ community. =)

I think the male characters all look really good (especially Locke and Charlie, those are the ones I wanna get), but Kate and Shannon look pretty lame. Overall I'm really impressed though.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.

To those whod ground me

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:09 pm

Sylphiel
Yep, I've seen them already from a LJ community. =)
Psshh. Fine then. My sources and I will go where we're wanted then :P

~Suicide Kings

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:01 pm

Peach the toy nerd has something for all you Lost fans living in/near New York:

Lost figures to be released at the Time Square Toys R' Us, with the chance to get an autograph from a Lost cast member and Todd Macfarlane

Sounds interesting. There's also a contest at the bottom to win all the figures.

But, if anyone's going, do me a favour. Walk up to Todd, kick him in the shin, and say "NECA owns your ass". I will love you long time :P

~Suicide Kings

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:05 pm

If I went to that, I'd go just for the autograph. Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere around New York City and don't have the means or resources to go.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:58 am

Well, what does everyone think about Lost Season 3 so far? :)

In general, I'm a tad dissapointed... but I'm trying to keep telling myself, it's still easily one of the best shows on TV. It's declined since the first two seasons, but it's kinda impossible not to with how amazing they were.

As far as new stuff, I've really grown to like (and fangirl *cough*) Juliet and Ben(ry). I can't friggin wait until we find out more about them. =D

The other new characters so far are pretty useless and retarded.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.

To those whod ground me

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:03 am

I guess that you'll be glad to know as a Juliet fangirl that she's getting a flashback episode after the hiatus. I believe it's going to be the first one.

So far, I haven't been disappointed. It's answered more questions for me, and I thought [spoiler]that part in the first episode of the season where the Others were watching the plane fall out of the sky was very well done. Though I do have to say that episode the other night that showed the smoke monster beating Eko to death seemed a bit predictable. I mean, I knew that if they killed someone else off the show, he might be it, but I wasn't expecting them to have the smoke monster doing it. At least it answered the question of how it managed to kill the pilot.[/spoiler]
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:27 am

jupiter23 wrote:I guess that you'll be glad to know as a Juliet fangirl that she's getting a flashback episode after the hiatus. I believe it's going to be the first one.
...OMFG yes. That is made of awesome. I was more hoping for a Benry one, but I'm sure he'll definitely be involved in her's, so hopefully either way I get to find out what's up with them both. Curious, where did you find this info?

And agreed on the the last ep. I found it to be on the whole the most boring episode of the season so far, minus Juliet's [spoiler]card video thing which was great and very much surprised me. XD[/spoiler] But [spoiler]Eko's death was lame, and I had kind of guessed it'd be him next to die because it seemed like they ran out of story for him...[/spoiler]
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.

To those whod ground me

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:30 am

www.tvguide.com. Just type the show in on their search bar and you'll get all kinds of spoiler information and such. I love it, personally.
Come join the party.

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:32 pm

Oh man, I have recently developed a HUGE-ass crush on both Benry and his (amazingly talented) actor (Michael Emerson). Like no tomorrow. XD

I've also been listening to the Official Podcasts lately, LOL, I love them! Damon and Carlton are so hysterical. This was my favorite part of one of the more recent ones, maybe it was the most recent, I forget:

"Is Ben mean and evil because the bears stole his toy truck when he was a kid?" -A fan
"Um, wow. Interesting theory. That I'm not gonna answer. Except to say...... no." -Damon

HAHA. XD;;;;

And I retract my earlier comment regarding S3, I've been rewatching it, and I think the show is still brilliant.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.

To those whod ground me

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:08 pm

Well, last night's episode officially has me impatient. (The rest of this post will be brought to you by spoiler tags, as I intend to reveal stuff.)

[spoiler]So while I was a bit sad to see Eko go, I have to agree that there wasn't much left to tell on his story. I can only hope that Locke takes up on that clue on Eko's staff. And I'm wondering that if he does in fact go after Jack, Kate, and Sawyer, who's the most likely candidates to go with him?

This also left me actually feeling a bit sorry for Ben, mostly because he was genuinely scared that Jack would let him die. But I also have to sympathize with Jack at the same time--the Others haven't given Jack any reason to trust them at all. So I personally don't blame him for not wanting to do anything in the way of helping Ben. I also have to applaud Jack for not wanting anything to do with Juliet, either. To me, it seems more like she's just obsessed with him, and not in a good way. What I was cheering about by the end of the episode was how Jack ended up with the upper hand in the situation and threatened to let Ben bleed to death if they didn't release Kate and Sawyer.

One last point: I agree with Ben when he placed his bet on Jack and Kate ending up together, because I was hoping she would end up with him and not Sawyer. That's really my personal preference, though.

As for what's coming up in the rest of season 3 (and I'll find the link to the TVGuide article after I finish writing this. The creators spoil the hell out of it in that) they are supposed to have a Juliet flashback episode, which may reveal some of the origins of the Dharma Initiative (at least I think so; more questions might end up getting answered regardless) and they are also supposed to reveal what exactly happened when the hatch exploded or imploded or whatever it did. This might also go into detail about Desmond's sudden psychic abilities. They are supposed to have another Hurley flashback episode, and when the second half picks up, whether Ben survives this surgery and Jack gets to go home might be revealed. There's a lot more that I can't remember off the top of my head right now, but I'll be editing this post with the article I mentioned later when I find it. [/spoiler]

EDIT: Here's the link. You'll have to scroll down the page a little to get to the actual interview.
Come join the party.

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:14 pm

Yeah, the ep was pretty amazing, though not as much as S2's finale. It had me on the edge of my seat though, especially the last 10 minutes. O__O I'll just copy and paste some of my reaction to it from my journal to here:

[spoiler]Okay, guess I'll start with dude, this Kate-flashback made me not like her even more. She was growing on me after rewatching Season 1 a few times, but WTF, you damn bitch, why the hell are going to marry a guy who's a cop knowing that you're never going to be able to settle down and he's GOING to find out about you being a fugitive. Then you drug him and abandon him, great. That's what I hate about her, she just uses everybody. I understand why she did what she did (as her crime) but deal with the damn consequences, don't marry a guy under a total fucking lie.

I actually felt bad for Jack in this episode ....Yes, you read that right. :P Even after being a douchebag for all of last season, the whole thing with Kate and Sawyer... I mean, she fucking cock-teased him for two seasons then suddenly decides OMG I love Sawyer, and then he has to watch them make out on camera. And wow, talk about sudden ball-growth (even though he still had a few emo moments and temper tantrums, WOULDN'T BE WEDNESDAY WITHOUT THEM. XD;;) ... that line he said to Ben was like, total pwnage. ("At least you won't be disappointed for long." OH SNAPS BIATCH!) Dang. And the scene with him and Kate was like, the only good acting I've ever seen Matthew and Evangeline actually do on the show. -_- It was good.

Alex's overacting made me LMAO.

The best part of the whole Skate sex thing was so the fact that Ben was totally watching them on camera. So kinkay. I sense 21,842 fanfics coming in the Ben fan community I'm in. >P

THEY TOTALLY FOOLED ME INTO THINKING THEY WERE GOING TO KILL SAWYER in the last 10 minutes. >:((((( They had the sad music going, and all that, and my friend who watched it with me was amused by me sitting on the couch screaming "nooo" and squirming and pulling my hair out. So much freakin' tension. And then Jack messed with Ben's kidney. OMGGGWTTTTTTFFFFF. So much anger. But he did save Sawyer. So I can't decide whether or not I love or hate Jack for this episode. >___< But yeah, if they killed Eko and Sawyer back to back, they'd have soooooo many angry fangirls on their hands, lol.

At the end I just screamed REALLY loudly. 13 weeks of not knowing whether Ben is going to die or not?!??!!? *SLAMS HEAD INTO WALL* ;__________;[/spoiler]

Personally as far as the KateJackSawyer triangle I couldn't really give a shit. That was old as soon as it first began. =P
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.

To those whod ground me

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Charlie is my favourite character too! (In reply to those who love Charlie)

My fav episode so far has been 'Greatest hits' :
[spoiler]I couldn't help crying thorughout it, especially when Charlie says his greatest hit was meeting Claire[/spoiler]

and in 'Through the looking glass' [spoiler]where Charlie dies, I shall never ever forgive the writers for doing that, EVER! I still cry now.[/spoiler]

And also in S4 where [spoiler]Hurley tells Claire about Charlie's death and says he's going with Locke because he trusts Charlie[/spoiler]
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!