I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 pm

I don't know, it just seems a little unfair. I would have thought by now music producers would have realised that with websites like youtube around their music is going to be plastered all over the place, you know, sort of free advertising, although I know that doesn't make everything OK.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:I don't know, it just seems a little unfair. I would have thought by now music producers would have realised that with websites like youtube around their music is going to be plastered all over the place, you know, sort of free advertising, although I know that doesn't make everything OK.
Unfair for whom, exactly?

These people are out to make money. This is their business. Do you think they consider their music being used by fangirls/boys to be considered "free advertising"? That's what the radio's for. And even THEY have to pay royalties. And just becuase they realize it's going to happen doesn't mean they should bend over and take it up the ass. This is how they make MONEY, by selling their music.

Seriously, you have no idea how ridiculous your argument sounds. It baffles me that you think these people ought to just forget that somebody is using their material illegally and without paying for it, and just stick it up their ass. Yeah, I make AMVs and such, but if I got contacted by somebody and was told to remove their property? I would. Because it's not mine, and I didn't pay for it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:41 pm

It's not really an argument just a vent besides I never said I woudn't remove it just that the whole thing annoyed me. I understand it's their business but I can still be annoyed about it. Anyway this whole thing is turning into a real argument so I'm just going stop before it gets out of hand.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 pm

-_- It's called a discussion. Nobody's fighting.

And nobody said you couldn't vent or be annoyed. *shrug* You just came off as very whiney and silly by saying you were being victimized and singled out.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Oh, I do have a bad habit of complaining alot '-_- I didn't mean to come across as a whiner it's just what I do I guess

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Something that really annoys me is how some girls on facebook or myspace post pictures of themselves pouting in EVERY SINGLE BLEEPING PICTURE! That or they post pictures of themselves making out with their boyfriends/girlfriends. Honestly, do I really care if you're making out with your boyfriend/girlfriend?!?!
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:22 pm

What's even more annoying is when people post pictures of themself drunk because they think it makes themself look badass.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:09 am

when I save a file online and it doesn't give me an option of where to put the file on my hard drive so I spend the next 10 minutes trying to find where the computer put the file.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:29 pm

I am seriously sick and tired of 'FML' statuses on facebook. Especially pointless ones like:

"OMG IT'S RAINING TODAY, FML!"
"I HAVE NO MORE CHEERLEADING PRACTICE FML!"

Is it really necessary to go on and on about how your life sucks online?!?! Uggghhh.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:27 pm

...people take Youtube WAAAYYYY too seriously.

In fact, rather than bitch about this, here, I'll let Hitler be an example of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ola-NuEv ... annel_page