I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:50 pm

My sister is currently going through a phase of eating one meal a day because she is obsessd with her weight. My dad makes things worse by calling women who are overwight or even slightly plump "Fat" which annoys me because he knows his daughter hates the way she looks.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:My sister is currently going through a phase of eating one meal a day because she is obsessd with her weight. My dad makes things worse by calling women who are overwight or even slightly plump "Fat" which annoys me because he knows his daughter hates the way she looks.
Does your mother do nothing to stop this?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:13 am

To do what? Stop my dad saying these things or make my sister eat?

She shouts at my dad for always commenting on womens bodies and she forces my sister to eat what she's given even if she doesn't want the food. Sometimes she offers to cook something my sister will eat.

She's threatened to make appointments for the doctors if my sister doesn't start eating her meals.

I blame the media really for constantly throwing skinny models in our faces.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:42 am

Iced_Cappucino wrote:To do what? Stop my dad saying these things or make my sister eat?

She shouts at my dad for always commenting on womens bodies and she forces my sister to eat what she's given even if she doesn't want the food. Sometimes she offers to cook something my sister will eat.

She's threatened to make appointments for the doctors if my sister doesn't start eating her meals.

I blame the media really for constantly throwing skinny models in our faces.
Both.

It's time for your mother to stop threatening, and make the appointments. If your sister isr efusing to eat, she's on the road to a serious eating disorder.

Sure, the media sucks for throwing skinny models in our faces, but really...your father is responsible for his own behavior. If he goes around calling every woman who is over a size 4 "fat", then he is a big part of the problem, if not THE cause of the problem.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 pm

Iced_Cappucino
My sister is currently going through a phase of eating one meal a day because she is obsessd with her weight.
Is your sister aware that straving yourself is a good way to gain weight? Your body doesn't say "Oh gee, her stomache's growling, she must be on a diet. Time to stop storing fat." It thinks lack of food=OH SHIT FAMINE! and goes into survival mode, sucking up fat like a leech on a blood clot.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:00 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Iced_Cappucino
My sister is currently going through a phase of eating one meal a day because she is obsessd with her weight.
Is your sister aware that straving yourself is a good way to gain weight? Your body doesn't say "Oh gee, her stomache's growling, she must be on a diet. Time to stop storing fat." It thinks lack of food=OH SHIT FAMINE! and goes into survival mode, sucking up fat like a leech on a blood clot.
Yea I'm going to agree with peachvampiress on this one. I know one of my friend's friend (who I don't know) who started starving herself and basically starting eating only M&Ms everyday. My friend's mom saw her friend one day and noticed that she was gaining weight instead of losing weight. Your mother should make those appointments if not, as Tiff said, she'll be suffering from a serious eating disorder.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:11 am

the fact the economy is going to shit and has been for a very long time now. :x
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys. I told my mum that she should stop making threats and call the doctors so on Monday (when they open again) she's going to call them. Hopefully a professional can talk some sense into my sister.
the fact the economy is going to shit and has been for a very long time now.
Yeah, it's a shame these world super powers are too busy killing each other over oil to give a damn about their people.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Something that's annoying me right now is how both of my friends are fighting. Each one of them says 'she's being a bitch!' to the other. About a week ago they were fighting and at the end of their fight they just had to give each other the finger. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle and I hate it.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:34 am

Something that's annoying me right now is how both of my friends are fighting. Each one of them says 'she's being a bitch!' to the other. About a week ago they were fighting and at the end of their fight they just had to give each other the finger. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle and I hate it.
I've been there and I'm sure many others have to. I feel it's best not to get involved otherwise you my be dragged into the fight and pressured into taking sides.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Shit like this happens. Seriously, with all the dumb shit we live in today as a society that has become accepted, two lines from Quaran that pop up in background music in the PS3 hit Little Big Planet due for release this Tuesday. What the fuck? Yeah, it will be only a week longer to wait for it, but that's not the point. I just don't see any logical reason for this recall (as the game arrived in stores earlier this week, which makes this more of a pain in the ass since I have to ship it back out). I'm trying to make sense of it to come up with a logical argument, but since in my mind there's no logical reason, or at least no one has thus far been able to word the reasoning for this decision. I hate censorship, and seeing this kind of shit really frustrates me to no end, because it seems like there will never be an end. With all the stuff that flies nowadays, two lines in another language that will not have been noticed, much less offended, essentially all of the user base, has caused the recall and delay of a 2.5-D platformer where you play as a puppet. Fun shit indeed.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:52 pm

My brother told me about this and I still think it's incredibly stupid. If we do this then why don't they recall all the music that quotes bible verses because it may offend non-christian listeners? If you're going to censor you might as well do it equally. I mean, come ON. If you're going to be that offended by something like this then perhaps you shouldn't be playing games. There is a lot worse content out there in most games than two lines in a background song that most people wouldn't be paying attention to anyway.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:11 pm

Tempest wrote:My brother told me about this and I still think it's incredibly stupid. If we do this then why don't they recall all the music that quotes bible verses because it may offend non-christian listeners?
Don't you know? Christianity is the only religion that matters! =D

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 pm

Tiff wrote:
Tempest wrote:My brother told me about this and I still think it's incredibly stupid. If we do this then why don't they recall all the music that quotes bible verses because it may offend non-christian listeners?
Don't you know? Christianity is the only religion that matters! =D
OMG! You're right! :D Thank you for showing me the truth!
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:02 pm

One's school decides to put on a certain show about a year before, and all the other schools and local companies know about it. Then another local school decides to put on the same show one week after the origianl does. After that, the neighboring town's community theatre decides to do the exact same show about a month before the original school...I'm so mad, I could just spit.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:56 pm

I have a Saturday off for the first time in probably a month or so, no school, no work, nothing, and my best friend ditches me to go see another friend out of town who she saw last weekend also.

It's fucking rude.

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:24 pm

you need a to look for a new friend. Maybe you can exploit this by turing it into reality tv show where you search for the perfect friend...oh wait. :roll:
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:01 pm

I hate it when websites only offer files in a PDF format. I don't have the correct encoder -_-

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:I hate it when websites only offer files in a PDF format. I don't have the correct encoder -_-
You can download a copy of adobe acrobat reader for free.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:34 pm

You can download a copy of adobe acrobat for free.
Oh Cool thanks.