I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:48 pm

What annoys me is having to read 36 pages of posts before I can post.
(notices puddle of sarcasm at feet) Oops sorry let me wipe that up. (wipes up puddle)

But seriously one of the most annoying things is when people flame fan fiction writers and Fan artist who writes story/draw picture with non-canon romantic pairings. I'm like it’s called "Fan" Fiction/Art for reason, because it created by a "fan" who just because they prescribe to your way of thinking doesn't mean they and anyone who enjoys there work should be treated like dirt. That being said I have no problem with constructive criticism.

To clarify no I don’t write or draw, god do I wish I had such talent, but I do enjoy fan fiction/Fan Art with alternate pairings, so it still annoys me when people feel they have the right to insult these very creative people.

Also one of my roommates is driving me up the wall. He is a complete slob who leaves food up in his room for weeks on end, and when he does bring down his plate he leaves them on the sink, until me or my other roommate becomes so annoyed we end up putting them in the dishwasher. When we moved into the apartment I told him if he wanted to borrow any of my DVD I had two rules. 1) Put them back when he was done 2) Always put them back in there case when he was done, well both of these things are obviously way to complicated for him to understand in that he never returns them, and I always find them out of there cases. I have also asked him many times to lock the front door when he comes in, he is the only who comes in that way because me and my other roommates use the garage, but 9 times out of ten the door is unlocked when I go by it. Final is the kicker in that I have had to put a lock on my bedroom door, because he has gone into my room and taken some of my stuff without asking.

Thank god when our lease comes up his a** is getting kick to the curve.
Last edited by Jamesares on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:24 am

I'm really getting tired of seeing these cleaning product adverts. They're all incredibly sexist. I saw a washing up liquid advert where a woman was doing the dishes. I saw a Baby wipe advert where all the children were being cared for by women and I saw a soap powder advert where a woman was washing the clothes whilst caring for two kids and pregnant with a third. It's like the stone ages where women are portrayed as domestic pets and vessels for producing children.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Something that annoys me is that when a disaster happens somewhere in the world we are usually one of the first to offer aid, and we give and give until it hurts. Yet when disaster happens here, other country just shake their head and assume we can take care of ourselves, which we usually do, and offer little or no aid.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Something else that annoys me is some parents who 'ground' their kids, and after a week it's like nothing ever happened. Take my cousin's mother for example she'll 'ground' them (not really having an actual ground sentence) and then after a week she'll let them go out. Or when a parent takes a kid's cell phone because of high phone bills and then gives the phone back after a month and the cycle happens all over again. Is it just me, or do some parents these days don't know how to parent?
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Something else that annoys me is some parents who 'ground' their kids, and after a week it's like nothing ever happened. Take my cousin's mother for example she'll 'ground' them (not really having an actual ground sentence) and then after a week she'll let them go out. Or when a parent takes a kid's cell phone because of high phone bills and then gives the phone back after a month and the cycle happens all over again. Is it just me, or do some parents these days don't know how to parent?
You have no idea how true that is. Many, MANY people have NO. FREAKING. IDEA. how to be parents...
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Not to call anyone out but its really easy to give thoughts on how bad someone is parenting when your not a parent yourself. Granted there are people out there that shouldnt be allowed near a child nethertheless be allowed to rear one. You see them in the news with various stories of neglect and or abuse.

But to say someones measure of disciplined is flawed before getting out there and trying it yourself is kinda arrogant. Sure their methods of grounding may bother you and it may not work but its their way and something Ive learned becoming a mother is that all the things I said id never do before I had a child went out of the window.

Ive also learned there is no perfect way of parenting a child, its truly a learning experience. And depending on your childs temperment your own level of patience and how much focus you want to give to it it can be a tough and rewarding experience. I understand it seems stupid to take away something only to give it back, but your only seeing that side of the situation while running up a cell phone is awful, not having a way for your child to contact you if he or she is in danger is just as bad imo.

And thats what parenting to me is, a different way by different people to rear a child they helped create. If there was one right way to do it im sure more people would try to. But there isnt.

And right now im currently annoyed with this weather. Hopefully this will post before my satellite gets rainned out again sigh :(
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:Not to call anyone out but its really easy to give thoughts on how bad someone is parenting when your not a parent yourself. Granted there are people out there that shouldnt be allowed near a child nethertheless be allowed to rear one. You see them in the news with various stories of neglect and or abuse.

But to say someones measure of disciplined is flawed before getting out there and trying it yourself is kinda arrogant. Sure their methods of grounding may bother you and it may not work but its their way and something Ive learned becoming a mother is that all the things I said id never do before I had a child went out of the window.

Ive also learned there is no perfect way of parenting a child, its truly a learning experience. And depending on your childs temperment your own level of patience and how much focus you want to give to it it can be a tough and rewarding experience. I understand it seems stupid to take away something only to give it back, but your only seeing that side of the situation while running up a cell phone is awful, not having a way for your child to contact you if he or she is in danger is just as bad imo.

And thats what parenting to me is, a different way by different people to rear a child they helped create. If there was one right way to do it im sure more people would try to. But there isnt.

And right now im currently annoyed with this weather. Hopefully this will post before my satellite gets rainned out again sigh :(
That's true too, some people think parents teaching their kids about contraceptives is poor parenting, so I guess it usually varies. I'm annoyed with the weather here too. Let's just say I am not a summer person, I'm more of a winter person.

EDIT: Something else that annoys me is my 12 year old cousin (read my second example on parenting, the one with the cell phone bill, that's him). Lately he's become more conceited and cocky. He's going around bragging that he has 5 girlfriends and not to sound to cliche but he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Ooooh, do I have a list today.

Clowns. Especially clowns named Boswick DIAPERBOTTOM who make potty jokes that SURPRISE the kids repeat all day long. And since when is black lipstick clown makeup? =/

My supervisor. / staff meetings. They pretty much are connected. Everything we say, every concern we have, goes right over her head. The answer to everything is to discipline the kids more, doesn't matter what point we were trying to make. Yes, discipline is important. But not to the point she's taking it. Why don't we just beat them with a fucking stick? It'd be way more effective then making them write lines. :roll:

Children who are always either crying or making other kids cry. It's a little hard to be sympathetic to a victim when you know they're a bully.

Children who appear to be either deaf or very stupid. "Stand over there" DOES NOT MEAN "throw a ball at that kid" or "poke a stick down a snake hole" or "walk in the other direction".

Actually, for today, I'll just go with children in general. It makes my list much shorter.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:41 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:EDIT: Something else that annoys me is my 12 year old cousin (read my second example on parenting, the one with the cell phone bill, that's him). Lately he's become more conceited and cocky. He's going around bragging that he has 5 girlfriends and not to sound to cliche but he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.
And, unfortunately, due to the fact that he's 12, it's only going to get worse. I have a 20-year-old brother who acts the same way. I don't mean to give you nightmares or anything, but it will be a long (very long) time before he outgrows it.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:48 am

One thing that annoys me I didn't even fully realize until typing this post is that something I can verbally say to my friends in mere minutes at a lunch table, takes considerbly longer to type out. On top of that, because of that reason, most of my posts are longer than hell. So I apologize for the length of this and the majority of my other posts. I seriously don't try to make them look like essays all the time.

What's been annoying me for some good time now and shown again last (Friday) night, is the interaction or potential of myself and girls with anything beyond friendship, be it relationships or the possibility of them. One of my co-workers arranged for me to go out with her and a few of her friends to set me up with one of said friends. I was looking forward to the opportunity as it's been more years than I care to admit that I've tried to get together with a girl with the exception of my ex. I got my childhood giddiness of the situation out of me the first day or two so I could think rationally and not set myself up to be hurt, but still had hopes for it to work out. From what my co-worker told me, her friend was looking for a fun guy who isn't a deadbeat and wouldn't just go away after a night or two. As my co-worker and I talked, it seemed like a good potential for a match. But as I've seen in the past, girls will say that's what they want but rarely ever go with what they say when a guy who has said traits.

(Please note that as I speak in this post, I generalize all girls to make typing easier, as I am well aware that there plenty of exceptions to this rule and a lot of those exceptions post here. I am not trying to claim that all girls are like what I say, but it's easier to type girls instead of girls except all but a small percentage of girls.)

So last night comes, and I'm having a good time with my co-worker and her friends. The one who I was to be set up with didn't get to the bar until a couple hours later. However when she got there, apparently there was some drama between her and another girl, so I didn't get involved as I hate drama (if I liked drama, my ex would still be my current). After this was over, she didn't come to talk to me or anything at all. I know typing it like that makes it sound like I didn't try to initiate anything, but at the same time, the other girls were trying to get things started with us and failed. She even ended up dancing and kissing with some other guy on the dance floor (who was apparently married nonetheless -_- ). Obviously I ended any interest in her at that point, and the other girls apologized to me about the situation knowing the initial reason I came up was for her. I just shrugged it off, saying that sadly I'm used to that kind of shit and that I was having a fun time regardless. And it was a great night really, a whole lot of fun.

While I didn't let the lack of a chance with this girl dampen my night at all, I am obviously annoyed with this kind of shit. I would like to get paired with a girl sometime, but I am in no rush hence why it's only annoying to me. It seems that girls would rather go for the opposite of what they supposedly want and complain about it (or in my failed relationship, get what they supposedly want and sabotage it since life is now boring -_- ). Really I just want to understand why that is, though I won't complain if anyone can lead me to where I can find the exceptions of this rule in the process. My entire life I've had to deal with a combination of this kind of shit and female friends who are unwilling to go beyond friendship. Thankfully I've befriended such friends who are smart enough to realize that I thought they would be good girlfriends after being friends with them for some time, rather than assume once I try to make the jump that I only pretended to be their friend to pursue them. Those kind of girls annoy the fuck out of me too.

Please don't think as you read this that I am looking for any sort of pity over what I've dealt with in these scenarios. I don't want it, I'm in no rush to get a girl, and am very happy with where my life is right now and where it's going (though I would be lying if I said I haven't thought that I could meet prospective girls at school). I'm just annoyed at how these interactions work as any rational thoughts I try to have to make sense of it just causes headaches. Thought I am interested in what impressions I give on first sight to create my numerous failures.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:51 am

MarioKnight wrote:It seems that girls would rather go for the opposite of what they supposedly want and complain about it (or in my failed relationship, get what they supposedly want and sabotage it since life is now boring -_- ). Really I just want to understand why that is, though I won't complain if anyone can lead me to where I can find the exceptions of this rule in the process. My entire life I've had to deal with a combination of this kind of shit and female friends who are unwilling to go beyond friendship. Thankfully I've befriended such friends who are smart enough to realize that I thought they would be good girlfriends after being friends with them for some time, rather than assume once I try to make the jump that I only pretended to be their friend to pursue them. Those kind of girls annoy the fuck out of me too.
First off, *hugs*

Secondly...this is exactly why I don't have many female friends. I find most women to be manipulative, catty, indecisive, finicky, and petty. This is based on experience. I hate how girls say one thing and mean another...and I hate how they think that because they're "sexy chicks" or "innocent gurls" that they should be able to get away with abhorrent behavior like standing up a date and making out with a married man instead. If a man were to do such a thing, they'd be labeled an asshole right away. If you ask me, she was displaying some rather slutty behavior.

So believe me, I completely agree.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:46 am

MarioKnight wrote:One thing that annoys me I didn't even fully realize until typing this post is that something I can verbally say to my friends in mere minutes at a lunch table, takes considerbly longer to type out. On top of that, because of that reason, most of my posts are longer than hell. So I apologize for the length of this and the majority of my other posts. I seriously don't try to make them look like essays all the time.

What's been annoying me for some good time now and shown again last (Friday) night, is the interaction or potential of myself and girls with anything beyond friendship, be it relationships or the possibility of them. One of my co-workers arranged for me to go out with her and a few of her friends to set me up with one of said friends. I was looking forward to the opportunity as it's been more years than I care to admit that I've tried to get together with a girl with the exception of my ex. I got my childhood giddiness of the situation out of me the first day or two so I could think rationally and not set myself up to be hurt, but still had hopes for it to work out. From what my co-worker told me, her friend was looking for a fun guy who isn't a deadbeat and wouldn't just go away after a night or two. As my co-worker and I talked, it seemed like a good potential for a match. But as I've seen in the past, girls will say that's what they want but rarely ever go with what they say when a guy who has said traits.

(Please note that as I speak in this post, I generalize all girls to make typing easier, as I am well aware that there plenty of exceptions to this rule and a lot of those exceptions post here. I am not trying to claim that all girls are like what I say, but it's easier to type girls instead of girls except all but a small percentage of girls.)

So last night comes, and I'm having a good time with my co-worker and her friends. The one who I was to be set up with didn't get to the bar until a couple hours later. However when she got there, apparently there was some drama between her and another girl, so I didn't get involved as I hate drama (if I liked drama, my ex would still be my current). After this was over, she didn't come to talk to me or anything at all. I know typing it like that makes it sound like I didn't try to initiate anything, but at the same time, the other girls were trying to get things started with us and failed. She even ended up dancing and kissing with some other guy on the dance floor (who was apparently married nonetheless -_- ). Obviously I ended any interest in her at that point, and the other girls apologized to me about the situation knowing the initial reason I came up was for her. I just shrugged it off, saying that sadly I'm used to that kind of shit and that I was having a fun time regardless. And it was a great night really, a whole lot of fun.

While I didn't let the lack of a chance with this girl dampen my night at all, I am obviously annoyed with this kind of shit. I would like to get paired with a girl sometime, but I am in no rush hence why it's only annoying to me. It seems that girls would rather go for the opposite of what they supposedly want and complain about it (or in my failed relationship, get what they supposedly want and sabotage it since life is now boring -_- ). Really I just want to understand why that is, though I won't complain if anyone can lead me to where I can find the exceptions of this rule in the process. My entire life I've had to deal with a combination of this kind of shit and female friends who are unwilling to go beyond friendship. Thankfully I've befriended such friends who are smart enough to realize that I thought they would be good girlfriends after being friends with them for some time, rather than assume once I try to make the jump that I only pretended to be their friend to pursue them. Those kind of girls annoy the fuck out of me too.

Please don't think as you read this that I am looking for any sort of pity over what I've dealt with in these scenarios. I don't want it, I'm in no rush to get a girl, and am very happy with where my life is right now and where it's going (though I would be lying if I said I haven't thought that I could meet prospective girls at school). I'm just annoyed at how these interactions work as any rational thoughts I try to have to make sense of it just causes headaches. Thought I am interested in what impressions I give on first sight to create my numerous failures.
I can fully understand how you feel about this.

This reminded me of something that a lot of my past girlfriends have done that really annoys me to no end. I dont think all women are guilty of this of course but still a lot seem to be and I want to mention it.

Why is it that so many women flat out refuse to explain to men why they are mad at them? I mean if we don't know whats wrong how are we supposed to fix it?

I remember one time when I was dating one of my exs. she got mad at me for something and refused to tell me what it was, and I just got really angry for it.

I dont remember the exact words but it was the typical situation you see on tv a lot where the guy wants to go somewhere and asks his S.O. if its ok and she really quickly says "Fine go." and he then asks whats wrong and she says "oh nothing. nothing at all. go ahead and go." well after that exchange I got angry. I had been trough this before with other girlfriends and was tired of it so I said something to the effect of "I refuse to play this little game. if your not going to tell me the problem then Im going to assume there isnt one." And I left. It pretty much was the end of the relationship too, but what was I supposed to do. Im not a mind reader.

I refuse to play that little game. Its annoying and insulting. If it costs me relationships then so be it. If I do something wrong then tell me what it is so I can fix it. Its not a lot to ask. Sitting there and giving me the silent treatment is only going to make me angry
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 am

Classic annoyance:

Years and years ago, Nickelodeon Australia ran a show called The Adventures of Shirley Holmes (sic). And, in ads for it, they'd run a clip from Rugrats, referring to how "The Mega Nappy Babies" had an enemy (who, in that particular episode, was "Angelitron"). The problem with that is, of course, that while usage of "nappy" is correct, the phrase makes no sense unless you recall that the original name was "The Mega Diaper Babies" (punning the show-within-a-show title Mega Hyper Heroes). While we don't say the word "mom" here (necessitating a change in the trailer voiceover for Rugrats in Paris), I can't see a reason for us to lose a pun just to conform to our own culture. Especially since the audience for Shirley Holmes would have had enough exposure to American culture to know that "diaper" means "nappy".
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

wink568
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by wink568 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:19 am

MarioKnight wrote:One thing that annoys me I didn't even fully realize until typing this post is that something I can verbally say to my friends in mere minutes at a lunch table, takes considerbly longer to type out. On top of that, because of that reason, most of my posts are longer than hell. So I apologize for the length of this and the majority of my other posts. I seriously don't try to make them look like essays all the time.

Gosh, I hate girls like that. They make the decent ones look bad too. I'm glad you just dropped your interest in her. I know too many guys that will continue to pursue girls like that, even when they say that they don't want a girl like that.

Dan's post just stirred a bunch of underlying annoyances I have, a lot revolving around girls, so hopefully this post doesn't get too long.

You have the "slutty" girls as mentioned above, and then there's the girls that let guys treat them like crap. I had a friend who's husband left her for a girl who was later arrested for possession of meth. He even had the nerve to take their savings and bail this girl out of jail. My friend and him had just had a baby three months before, and he left without looking back. She'd let him just go in and out of the house as he pleased, taking movies over to this other girl's house. After a couple months, he must have gotten bored or something, and she took him right back. I guess, I've never been married, nor have I had a child with anybody, so I don't really know if that changes anything, but I see plenty of strong, independent single mothers, so I don't think that should have much to do with it. I just don't understand how a girl can take that crap, I know I wouldn't.

I've also found myself being annoyed at the behavior of many of my friends that I've known since high school. They just don't seem to have grown up much. I went home to visit 4th of July weekend, and a car full of them showed up after a festival. Only one friend wasn't drunk. One of them passed out in my front yard. I can understand having a couple drinks, especially in a concert/festival situation, but getting that wasted, especially considering they spent most of the night in public. The weekend before, I actually had my friend Allison call me (she was the sober one that night) saying she wished I was in town, because she was sick of being the only responsible one. Maybe I just feel this way because I'm out on my own, done with school, and need to be responsible, but I don't really know.

Finally (yay, a finally), Kiel's friends (well, most have gotten better, just one in particular was real bad) have been annoying me too. Actually, it's a little beyond a mild annoyance. I'm living in Chicago now, and he's moving up next weekend. He told his friends a couple weeks ago. A couple got a little upset, and told him he was making a mistake, and that he'd be back. He had one friend in particular cuss him out, and tell him that he'd never come visit, and if Kiel came home, he wouldn't see him. Not to mention he's compared me to Kiel's ex girlfriend numerous times, who was mega controlling, and never let Kiel hang out with his friends. I was out of town for most of our relationship at school, so Kiel got plenty of time with his friends. We did hang out a lot of weekends, but it was his choice, and it was the only time we saw each other. This particular guy had been giving us hell since the start of our relationship, but all of his friends have been fairly unaccepting. They got better, but I don't know why they need to make him feel like crap for having a girlfriend, just because they wanna be able hang out with him constantly. Can't they have fun without him? Understand that he does not constantly ditch them for me, or anything like that, he just hangs out with them less since he's been with me, obviously, because he needs to split his time.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:42 pm

wink568 wrote:
You have the "slutty" girls as mentioned above, and then there's the girls that let guys treat them like crap. I had a friend who's husband left her for a girl who was later arrested for possession of meth. He even had the nerve to take their savings and bail this girl out of jail. My friend and him had just had a baby three months before, and he left without looking back. She'd let him just go in and out of the house as he pleased, taking movies over to this other girl's house. After a couple months, he must have gotten bored or something, and she took him right back. I guess, I've never been married, nor have I had a child with anybody, so I don't really know if that changes anything, but I see plenty of strong, independent single mothers, so I don't think that should have much to do with it. I just don't understand how a girl can take that crap, I know I wouldn't.
I have to comment here.

You can always say "I wouldn't do...", and expect it to happen that way. But that's not always how it turns out. I always swore I'd never let a man push me around or treat me like shit. I ended up in a verbally, emotionally, and sometimes physically abusive relationship with a man for 7 years. In the beginning it was nice and I was happy, and after about 2 years, it went downhill. And I couldn't see it the way others did. Women who are in abusive situations never truly see themselves and their relationships the way those around them do. They don't always realize that being pushed, having shit thrown at them, or being called stupid and a crybaby (all things that have happened to me) as being abnormal, or not part of a general relationship. They constantly focus on the small, good things, and blow them up to be bigger so it seems like the relationship is really wonderful with small bad moments, rather than the truth.

So try not to think that women in these situations WANT to be, or even realize they are. It's all psychological, and they have to realize it before they can work up the courage to leave.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:16 pm

Tiff wrote:
wink568 wrote:
I have to comment here.

You can always say "I wouldn't do...", and expect it to happen that way. But that's not always how it turns out. I always swore I'd never let a man push me around or treat me like shit. I ended up in a verbally, emotionally, and sometimes physically abusive relationship with a man for 7 years. In the beginning it was nice and I was happy, and after about 2 years, it went downhill. And I couldn't see it the way others did. Women who are in abusive situations never truly see themselves and their relationships the way those around them do. They don't always realize that being pushed, having shit thrown at them, or being called stupid and a crybaby (all things that have happened to me) as being abnormal, or not part of a general relationship. They constantly focus on the small, good things, and blow them up to be bigger so it seems like the relationship is really wonderful with small bad moments, rather than the truth.

So try not to think that women in these situations WANT to be, or even realize they are. It's all psychological, and they have to realize it before they can work up the courage to leave.
I agree with Tiff. One of my friends right now is with a guy who treats her like shit. He bosses her around and hates it when she's with other guys. My friends and I are telling her that he's being an asshole to her. She doesn't buy it because he has a car and apparently popped the question to her and she said yes, we told her that she should have never said yes and that she should leave him. She still thinks that she's 'in love' with him but really she's not, she's trying to cover it up with small moments like Tiff said.

I actually watched something on TV (I can't remember if it was Oprah or 20/20.) where this girl who was in an abusive relationship left the guy and one day at school, her ex-boyfriend killed her.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:42 am

Over the past few months I've been looking for part time work. I sent my CV into a shop hoping to get a weekend job on the till. It turns out I didn't get the job but another girl who I used to go to high school with works there. The thing that annoys me is the fact that this girl used to bully me in high school. She was also lazy, never payed attention in lessons and was disruptive. My exam results were pretty good and I felt that I deserved a chance there so it pisses me off when undeserving bullies like that girl I knew, get the job over me.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Tiff wrote:
MarioKnight wrote:It seems that girls would rather go for the opposite of what they supposedly want and complain about it (or in my failed relationship, get what they supposedly want and sabotage it since life is now boring -_- ). Really I just want to understand why that is, though I won't complain if anyone can lead me to where I can find the exceptions of this rule in the process. My entire life I've had to deal with a combination of this kind of shit and female friends who are unwilling to go beyond friendship. Thankfully I've befriended such friends who are smart enough to realize that I thought they would be good girlfriends after being friends with them for some time, rather than assume once I try to make the jump that I only pretended to be their friend to pursue them. Those kind of girls annoy the fuck out of me too.
First off, *hugs*

Secondly...this is exactly why I don't have many female friends. I find most women to be manipulative, catty, indecisive, finicky, and petty. This is based on experience. I hate how girls say one thing and mean another...and I hate how they think that because they're "sexy chicks" or "innocent gurls" that they should be able to get away with abhorrent behavior like standing up a date and making out with a married man instead. If a man were to do such a thing, they'd be labeled an asshole right away. If you ask me, she was displaying some rather slutty behavior.

So believe me, I completely agree.
Yes I generally feel that way too. I find that I would much rather hang around guys than girls. In addition to being catty or playing mind games, I can't stand how some girls get annoyingly obnoxious over certain subjects, most commonly boys. I can't stand the whole "OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG!" *High pitched scream*.

There are a few girls that I do like to hang around with. Interestingly, they are either on the eccentric side or are tomboys.

Also another thing that annoys me is the suck up in the class. Serioulsy, last semester, there was this girl in my class that was 25 years old, and she was the biggest ass kisser I have ever met. With in the first week, she was all buddy with the teacher and this student would frequently make "witty" comments out loud in class.

After class, she would whine about how hard the teacher is with her tests, and how the class work wasn't fair and pretty much just bitch and moan about the class.

I mean seriously, were are in college now.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:09 pm

The thing that annoys me most about girls my age (and the women who think that they are girls my age, but thats a whole other tangent) is that they assume that if they don't hear about or know something there's no way it is real. My friend Merica refused to believe that the U.S. sent Japanese Americans into federal containment camps during WWII simply because we'd never learned about it in a social studies class before. (Which also annoys me, I mean last year we spent three weeks on the Holocaust, and we spent two days on American slavery and NO time on any other American mistakes)

Also, all of my friends talk about their relationships and I don't, so all of my friends automatically assume that I have never had a boyfriend. They also constantly try to set me up with people, which never works.

I find it humerous though that if one girl cries or sits out (I can't cry in public) at a party or something ALL of the other present females MUST go save the world by comforting her. The funny part is that usually the crying girl asks the others to leave her alone, and none of them ever do. I mean, if I quietly ask to be left alone, I actually mean... "GET OUT OF MY FREAKING FACE, AND GO HAVE FUN!!!!! I NEED TIME TO THINK!"

On to the males... 96% of the guys in my school are uncultuered pigs. (yes I actually coundted, as there are exactly fifty males in my graduating class and two of them are actually decent.) I'm sure that this is an unfortunate teenage phase and will eventually pass, though with a couple of them I don't really know, nor do I EVER wish to find out.

...Wow...that was unusually long and hostile for me.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Aishiteru wrote: My friend Merica refused to believe that the U.S. sent Japanese Americans into federal containment camps during WWII simply because we'd never learned about it in a social studies class before.
..God.

Google is her friend.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama