I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:49 pm

Today was aggrivate Tynnie day I believe. First off I dont know how many times ive told my family this but I absolutely hate when they come talking to me while im on the phone. Not only are they loud drowning out who im talking to (which is bad because if im trying to get some work down i cant hear whats being said x_x) but it just drives me mad trying to hold two conversations.

Then I hope when im 50+ I can get away with the helpless syndrome my mom and grandmother are pulling off. 1. cant work her vcr, the other cant her tv, neither can use the can opener, then my mom comes up to me "hey where are the vegetables for tonight." I tell her "top shelf of the freezer mom." while I change my son. I get done pick up a book "oh I cant find them." I go right into the kitchen where I told her pulled them out the moment I opened the freezer. UM that really really is lazy and im getting super tired of the I cant do it syndrome. I dont mind the occassion technological jam to help with but this has gotten ridiculous, there is only one person on this earth that ive got to completely cater to right now and even hes not as needed. Ugh :x
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:07 am

peachvampiress wrote:Rin
I've been getting annoyed with girls at my college. They wear very small tops, showing A LOT of cleavage, and they'll often wear short skirts, and then they complain that their male teachers are staring at them.

Um hello, if you're going to show it, they're going to stare. And if you don't want certain guys staring at you then cover yourself up.

Good god even I stare at these girls.
Better yet are the girls who wear shirts like this and throw a fit at people who are OMG sexists PIGS for staring are their chest (because they couldn't possibly be trying to read their shirt.)
I once saw a shirt that said "My face is up here [with arrow]". THat one was a good one.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:05 am

I am annoyed with my friends family ( and friend in general).

I'll be blunt- she isn't diciplined at ALL. She talked back, bitches, hits me, and her parents give her warnings! Thats it!

Her good for nothing older brother (he is 19) lives in his bedroom, and his parents always call him on his cell phone.

When he is in the basement

And they are upstairs.

His room is messier than New Orleans. There is MOLD in there! 8 week old FOOD! And ever since I can remeber (since for 4 years), his girlfriend always sleeps over! WTF???

Their whole house is a pure mess. Not just one time. Always, always, ALWAYS a mess. Her mother is laying on the couch all the time doing nothing, and there is clothes on the floor all the time. My friend has to make her own dinner. Her bother calls up from the basement giving "ORDERS TO MAKE HIS BREAKFAST!"

My friends room is filled with a bunk bed. And I have not seen the floor ONCE. Its filled with junk! She sleeps on the couch.

And here is the best part-
They are Germaphobic. I had spicy food, and my nose started to run (like it always does when I eat spicy food) and they started to fear that I was sick. Yes, sure, the mother has a heart conditon and can't get sick, but now, she is going Chiemotherapy (and she doesn't have cancer), and she was a former nurse. The brother is deathly allerigic to peanuts, which brings me to my next topic.

PEANUTS AREN'T A PARASITE THAT LIVES ON THE BODY!!! I had penut butter one time at a party (it was a brownie), and my friend purposly avoided me all week, because the penut bacteria might get on her, even though 1) she isn't allergic 2) her BROTHER is allergic, and you never SEE your brother anyway!!

(by the way, all of the above mentioned is the exact same girl)

And, then there was that one time I was sick, at the nurses office, and I was totally ignored, because one healthy young girl had to be taken to the hospital "for she thought she had peantut butter dust" on her. She could breath, laugh jump, walk just fine, I was just in GYM class with the girl.

....AYE AYE AYE!!
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:20 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:I am annoyed with my friends family ( and friend in general).

I'll be blunt- she isn't diciplined at ALL. She talked back, bitches, hits me, and her parents give her warnings! Thats it!
Why are you friends with someone who hits you? wtf? Honestly, I'm beginning to think you LIKE negative attention.

And here is the best part-
They are Germaphobic. I had spicy food, and my nose started to run (like it always does when I eat spicy food) and they started to fear that I was sick. Yes, sure, the mother has a heart conditon and can't get sick, but now, she is going Chiemotherapy (and she doesn't have cancer), and she was a former nurse. The brother is deathly allerigic to peanuts, which brings me to my next topic.
Um..Chemotherapy can be used to treat a lot of things. Not just cancer.

PEANUTS AREN'T A PARASITE THAT LIVES ON THE BODY!!! I had penut butter one time at a party (it was a brownie), and my friend purposly avoided me all week, because the penut bacteria might get on her, even though 1) she isn't allergic 2) her BROTHER is allergic, and you never SEE your brother anyway!!
Actually, if a person has a deathly allergy to peanut butter, they CAN be affected if simply exposed just by smell or contact. You don't have to eat it for it to affect you. That's why a lot of schools ban peanut butter in lunches if a child/children have a strong allergy to it. Now, avoidingy ou all week is extreme, but it is possible for a person who is severely allergic to peanut butter to get sick/die just by airborne or light physical contact.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:16 am

Tiff wrote: Actually, if a person has a deathly allergy to peanut butter, they CAN be affected if simply exposed just by smell or contact. You don't have to eat it for it to affect you. That's why a lot of schools ban peanut butter in lunches if a child/children have a strong allergy to it. Now, avoidingy ou all week is extreme, but it is possible for a person who is severely allergic to peanut butter to get sick/die just by airborne or light physical contact.
This is true. There are some people who can't eat foods if it's prepared in an area with peanuts or even warehoused in the same storage as them. If I had allergies as severe as that I'd probably be just as paranoid. As Tiff said, it sound a little extreme, but it IS understandable if the allergic reaction is severe enough.
Last edited by Tempest on Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:26 am

Tempest wrote:
This is true. There are some people who can't eat foods if it's prepared in an area with peanuts or even warehoused in the same storage as them. If I had allergies as severe as that I'd probably be just as stay paranoid. As Tiff said, it sound a little extreme, but it IS understandable if the allergic reaction is severe enough.
*nods* Some schools have gone as far as to ban home-brought lunches because they can't control the peanut butter being brought in.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:01 pm

Actually, if a person has a deathly allergy to peanut butter, they CAN be affected if simply exposed just by smell or contact. You don't have to eat it for it to affect you. That's why a lot of schools ban peanut butter in lunches if a child/children have a strong allergy to it. Now, avoidingy ou all week is extreme, but it is possible for a person who is severely allergic to peanut butter to get sick/die just by airborne or light physical contact.
But, she isn't the one with the allergy! Her brother is! She is fine, not allergic at all! If he is that allergic, that being with someone that had penut butter a week ago, for a single second will be upon her brother death, then he needs to be in some sort of bubble.

I don't know the extent of his allergy, but I have seen his friend eat Pb&J around him. But if he is that allergic, they shouldn't have it in the house (which they do), and eat it around him (which they have done), but then throw away imediatly a Penut BUtter candy set a friend of hers got her for her brithday.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote: But, she isn't the one with the allergy! Her brother is! She is fine, not allergic at all! If he is that allergic, that being with someone that had penut butter a week ago, for a single second will be upon her brother death, then he needs to be in some sort of bubble.
*shrugs* I'm just pointing out the facts. Yeah, she probably overreacted, but she may not be all that educated on the issue, either.

Saying someone should be in a bubble for a deathly allergy is a bit of a stretch, though.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:58 am

I would offer my thoughts on the whole peanut allergy thing, but hearing stories from people I know who either have peanut allergies or have family members who do -coupled with my interning at a hospital where I might see those things on a regular basis- I'll stay mum there. Though I will share a story that illustrates why these folks can't be too careful (though I agree the week-long shunning was unnecessary. That's not something I picture a friend doing.)

Years ago, I worked with a gal whose husband had a violent peanut allergy. They went to dinner one night, and the salad he had ordered came out with chopped nuts on top. He asked the waiter (nicely!) to take it back and bring him a fresh one. Waiter left, seemed to bring a fresh salad...until the husband started eating it and having a full-blown allergic reaction. They checked the salad, and apparently they merely took the old salad and picked off the nuts instead of bringing a fresh one to him, meaning it was still "contaminated" with the oil from the nuts.

Whew, I think I've gone off-topic enough in this thread for one night. Here are my annoyances:

1) Like SOV up above, my parents seem to be borderline technophobes. Them asking me for help once in a while is okay, but when I'm trying to do stuff and they keep asking me to run the DVD player, adjust the surround sound on the TV, fix thisorthat on the computer, I just want to yell at them to learn to do it themselves. (To which they answer, "that's why we have you", which makes me want to stab them repeatedly with a rusty butter knife. :x )

2) I'm a pretty private person, IRL. As a result, I tend to like to stay in my room with my door shut and do things here, like surf the net, listen to music, or read. My mother coming to the door and telling me I should leave it open tempts me to throw a pillow at her. If I wanted the door open, I would have left it open!

3) I despise useless filler classes. I just sat through a semester-long Organic Chemistry Fundamentals course because I was told that (as a pre-Nursing student) it was required for transfer to some of the schools I'm applying to. Not only was it duller than hell (though to be fair, the instructor did try to make it interesting), I also have no idea where I would ever use the information from that class. Making matters worse, I barely even remember what I was taught, and I passed the stupid class!

Oy, indeed...

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:08 am

Trust me Princess I feel your pain It gets tiring ever time they ask now cause they dont even try anymore. Every night im programing something logging onto email for someone or showing them once again that they need that funny little disk thingie we know as a cdrom to run the file they need for the various pc game that they seem to enjoy. The helpless syndrome drives me crazy :x

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:43 pm

I hate jerks who seem to think it is the funniest thing to kick your high heels and make you fall. I was wearing platforms with my GL dress, and the shoes are high, but they are comfy and I can walk fine. However two little snowflaeks seem to think it would be the funniest thing to kick my heels (ALMOST BROKE THEM!! Little shits), and make me fall. Then they precedded to tell me "ITS NOT HALLOWEEN YET, WHORE!" (Okay, the lace is cheap for a lolita dress, but it was all we could afford). Thankfully a teacher heard and they got introuble. (They are always like this)

This has to be the 5th time this has happend.

Only bad reaction I got, thank god. o___o Everyone else thought it was lovely, even the teachers. They called me a little victorian child. ^0^
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:41 am

Queen Of Hearts wrote:I hate jerks who seem to think it is the funniest thing to kick your high heels and make you fall. I was wearing platforms with my GL dress, and the shoes are high, but they are comfy and I can walk fine. However two little snowflaeks seem to think it would be the funniest thing to kick my heels (ALMOST BROKE THEM!! Little shits), and make me fall. Then they precedded to tell me "ITS NOT HALLOWEEN YET, WHORE!" (Okay, the lace is cheap for a lolita dress, but it was all we could afford). Thankfully a teacher heard and they got introuble. (They are always like this)

This has to be the 5th time this has happend.

Only bad reaction I got, thank god. o___o Everyone else thought it was lovely, even the teachers. They called me a little victorian child. ^0^
holy shit Queen of Heart's! Where exactly do you live that you encounter all these ass-holes!? If I was you I'd start carring around a baseball bat!

what really annoys me is people calling me late at night. I love my friends and I enjoy talkings to them, but after a certain time, I don't want to hear from you. I tell my friends not not call me after midnight. If I hear the phone ring any later than that i ushually think something is wrong. So if you are calling me at 1:00 AM just to say "hey, whats up!" your not going to get a very good reaction from me.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Today has been so aggrivating im still shaking from it, talking to my best friend and venting in my blog hasnt helped either and tommorrow when I go to my doctor I hope they can help. Right now im very upset with my family.

Ive put it here that currently im staying with my son at my grandmothers house. It was a measure I took to help provide my son with a stable enviornment, one he would not have gotten if I had stayed where I was at the time. I admit when I first came to this place I was struggling to get my life back together due to illness. Since then for almost 3 years ive manage to go back to school and contribute to the houses finances. I recently got awarded some money and to be nice I decided to help out my family (mind you when I needed help I did not come to them. Not saying they may not have offered thats just not the type of person I am.)

I gave to all in my immediate family especially my grandmother who put myself and my son up for little to know help before I started earning my own wage again. Gave to my mother and sisters both of whom now I will no longer deal with. First it started with the younger getting mad because I would not send her any more money. Now the middle one who ive alway had a distain for but kept it to myself and has come down here 3 times each time with no money, and a kid who has been sick decided to choose the wrong day to express unappreciation for having a roof over her head and being allowed to once again being let to live rent and carefree.

Im not a perfect person I dont try to put myself in that light, but I dont believe in free rides. It killed me to live here and not contribute and made me extremely happy once I could. My sister on the other hand behaves like she is supposed to be cared for at 29 years old! She has no responsibility her education is at best 8th grade level she hasnt even tried to get a ged. And has spent most of her life getting by off the help of others and sees no problem with this.

Well today after complaining about how bored she is here and how disgusted she is with us because we choose not to go to florida and pay bills instead I snapped. And as I sit im trying to calm down I cant understand how someone who came to us for help can spit in our faces. And to add insult to injury 3 months ago I lent her 2500 dollars to get a place for herself and her son and for that she blew it on stupid crap. I just dont understand it and my grandmother is too frail to deal with stuff so she wont put her out. And my mom is so afraid to lose the one kid who shares her bad habits that she allows her to disrespect us and this house. Im seriously considering taking james and leaving and if I do this I doubt im going to speak to anyone in this family again.

Sorry for the long post I needed to vent.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:41 pm

I cannot STAND people like that. Yeah, you aren't ENTITLED to shit. You work for what you earn in life.

Derek (my ex)'s sister believes to this day that her mother is obligated to take care of her until the day she dies. It's insane. She lives with her mother rent and bill free, and her mother barely makes enough to pay the rent.

This girl's like 25.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:32 pm

That must be going around then. My brother just turned 20, and he hasn't kept a job longer than three months since he graduated high school. He doesn't do anything to contribute around here either, and is too busy coming and going at all hours of the night and day to even try looking for a job. And once he has any money at all in his pocket, instead of paying my mom back some of the money that he owes her (and he owes her approximately a double shit-load at this point) he goes out with his friends and spends it all. To add insult to injury, his friend has been living here for almost a year now, and does the same damn thing that he does. My mom's had enough of it by now and I suspect (and really kind of hope) that they are in danger of being thrown out.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Im glad to see this isnt an isolated thing. The thing that truly bugs me is she threw a tantrum because we called off the family trip to florida, a trip she was not contributing to. I couldnt see shelling out nearly 500 dollars to rent a condo then gas and milage expenses and other expenses that come with a road trip like that when we have land tax and other bills to take care of. And right now my grandmother and I are the only ones with a steady income coming in and have to feed a now 7 person household as well. Her whole attitude still is im in the wrong for getting upset with her and Ive just avoided her the rest of the day. With how much this builded up I dont trust myself not to want to knock her ass out. Since she got here all shes done is complain about the food she gets the diapers her kid gets (funny shes not buying them). Then on top of that she bemoans all of christmas about how she wish she gotten some of the things we had brought for each other, skip the fact that she had the opportunity to get her life togther many times and now is dragging a kid threw her mess. I know one thing once I made it clear its her or me it was made clear she wont be here too much longer. I guess they truly do understand what they will lose if I move out and she stays.

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:35 pm

Here is one I get from going to anime cons.

Teenagers who are away from their parents for the first time ever. So they think that gives them the excuse to run wild and be as obnoxious as possible. And it's completely irritating for everyone else around them.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:47 pm

welp tommorrow my sister is going for good, Had to really put my foot down after last weeks incident. Ugh I dipped into my savings again and lent my mother the money to send her back to Ny. This is it for me at this point ive disowned 2 of my siblings leaving me with one half sister I havent seen since she was an infant. And im just threw with it dont care if we dont talk for years. Its aggrivating to see someone coast threw life on hand outs and if she comes back I let it be known James and I would move out. Since I contribute to about half the bills now I dont see that happening.

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:01 am

I've thought of two more annoyances today:

1) This only seems to happen to me online. Say I've had a really bad day. Maybe I had something happen, maybe it's just the culmination of a bad week...whatever. So I put up a rant/venting thread in a forum I frequent to blow off some steam. What starts to get me are the people who either offer unsolicited advice or they tell me I'm "overreacting" or "hypersensitive". Um, I know when you put something out on the 'net you risk that sort of thing, but would you REALLY do that to someone you barely know if the two of you were talking face-to-face?

2) This doesn't happen often, but when it does, it irritates me. I'm still in college at 25 (long story), but I have a career goal in mind and am working hard toward it. I HATEHATEHATEHATE people who ask about how school is going, and when they learn how old I am, they say, "Wow, you're 25 years old?! I would have thought you'd be done with school by now!" I don't really think that needs any further explanation...

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:56 am

Rin wrote:Here is one I get from going to anime cons.

Teenagers who are away from their parents for the first time ever. So they think that gives them the excuse to run wild and be as obnoxious as possible. And it's completely irritating for everyone else around them.
I get that at Wal-Mart almost on a daily basis. Thing is, they can only maintain that mentality until we have the police either hold them until their parents come and get them or until they escort them from the store.
2) This doesn't happen often, but when it does, it irritates me. I'm still in college at 25 (long story), but I have a career goal in mind and am working hard toward it. I HATEHATEHATEHATE people who ask about how school is going, and when they learn how old I am, they say, "Wow, you're 25 years old?! I would have thought you'd be done with school by now!" I don't really think that needs any further explanation...
That makes me wonder how they would react if you happened to be a grad student. I always hated getting the "How is school going?" question from people. I believe the answer to that should be obvious if you're still there. Now that I've graduated, they all ask me what I'm going to do with myself now. My only response to that one is that if I had the answer to that, I'd have either given it, or the question would have been totally unnecessary.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?