I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:37 am

Argh, I know what you mean about Atheists. I find them so annoying. And I notice that they run rampant in college. Especially college professors. These people are just so damn educated and wise that they know everything and of course don't believe in God or organized religion. And they act like you are stupid and closed minded for having religious beliefs, and they can act pretty patronizing and condescending toward you if you are voice other wise.
Wow. So we don't want people bashing wiccans, but it's okay to bash athiests becuase they'd rather use logic, science, and education rather than spiritualism and god? Talk about a double standard. Who cares if they don't believe ingod or religion?

Keep in mind not all athiests are like this, just like all Christians are not overzealous nutcases who want to throw the bible at anyone who isn't like them. Every religion/denominatino/believe system has its own type of negativity. Grouping them all into one type, regardless of the group, just isn't cool.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:26 pm

Wow. So we don't want people bashing wiccans, but it's okay to bash athiests becuase they'd rather use logic, science, and education rather than spiritualism and god? Talk about a double standard. Who cares if they don't believe ingod or religion?
Keep in mind not all athiests are like this, just like all Christians are not overzealous nutcases who want to throw the bible at anyone who isn't like them. Every religion/denominatino/believe system has its own type of negativity. Grouping them all into one type, regardless of the group, just isn't cool.
I under stand that both sides has there fanatical counter-parts not just one. I was expressing my annoyance with how atheists have acted toward me, and my experience with them in the college atmosphere. Maybe I should have been a bit more clear with it being my experience with them than what I was. And in an earlier post I was expressing my annoyance with over fanatical religious types, so its not like I was being one sided and ganging up on one side or the other. And the wiccan thing was not from me. I think your confusing me with another poster. So on the wiccan thing pleace address them and not me.since I never said anything about them.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:15 pm

First day of school today, and I don't find out the price for the lunch has a rise of .25 since last year untill I had already got my lunch. I didn't have enough money either....

Dear School-
Yes, I am a aware of the dress code, but when you go around MEASURING GIRLS SKIRTS and then whisk be away to ISS because my skirt was like half or a quater of a centimeter too short, I'm going to be angry.

Dear Gym teacher-
Please, PLEASE tell me what you said was a simple fib to scare us. Because, I do not WANT to be outside, praticing lacross when snow is covering the ground. To me, if it is 30 or 40 degrees out, we should be allowed to stay inside. K, thx..?

Dear rest of teachers-
Don't you dare hold us back for no apparent reson. Seriously. 90% of my classes are in totally different hallways. I cannot afford to stay back in class a minute or two longer, concidering we only have 4 minutes inbetween class.

I'm really tired right now.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:34 pm

Passions55 wrote:
I under stand that both sides has there fanatical counter-parts not just one. I was expressing my annoyance with how atheists have acted toward me, and my experience with them in the college atmosphere. Maybe I should have been a bit more clear with it being my experience with them than what I was. And in an earlier post I was expressing my annoyance with over fanatical religious types, so its not like I was being one sided and ganging up on one side or the other. And the wiccan thing was not from me. I think your confusing me with another poster. So on the wiccan thing pleace address them and not me.since I never said anything about them.
1) That clarifies things, perhaps it's better to state that rather than use general terms such as you did. I have friends who are athiests, and NONE of them act like that. My husband is pretty much one, as well.

2) I know the Wiccan thing wasn't you. I was making a general point that earlier someone had complained about how people bash Wiccans and such, and then you jumped in about athiests. That's all.

Dear School-
Yes, I am a aware of the dress code, but when you go around MEASURING GIRLS SKIRTS and then whisk be away to ISS because my skirt was like half or a quater of a centimeter too short, I'm going to be angry.
And i'd be angry if i were the teacher having to measure them becuase a handful of girls decided to waltz into school with mini skirts. Two sides to every story.

My suggestion? Stick by the dress code, to the inch.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:46 pm

And i'd be angry if i were the teacher having to measure them becuase a handful of girls decided to waltz into school with mini skirts. Two sides to every story.

My suggestion? Stick by the dress code, to the inch.
I was the only one to get introuble today.And it was a quarter of a centimeter. And yet the girl who walked past us didn't get measured, and HER skirt was definately shorter than mine.
And it wasn't exactly a matter of length, its just that the fact that I don't think she measured it right. I measured ot 13 1/2 (minimum length is 13") and mother did too. But NO, she has to go by HER rules. Also, a bunch of girls she chaught she didn't even yell at, because their parents are OMFG on the PTA. All she did was "Oh, jsut remeber the dress code, and your shirt is really cute"
But with me, it was as if I was a criminal. And I have never gotten introuble with the dress cose before. Also, I was wearing TIGHTS with my skirt, and my teachers said that if was alittle short it was fine if I was wearing Non-see through tights.

I know the teachers may be annoyed, but am I oonly getting yelled at because I dress sorta "gothic" (I hate using that word)? Really..? I just don;t see the point.

I thought I had explained the whole story, but I guess that was on another forum. @[email protected]
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:47 pm

Queen of Hearts:
Dear rest of teachers-
Don't you dare hold us back for no apparent reson. Seriously. 90% of my classes are in totally different hallways. I cannot afford to stay back in class a minute or two longer, concidering we only have 4 minutes inbetween class.
I know exactly how you feel. 0_o;
"Oh, there are only two wings to go through, and two floors."
... obviously you don't consider times that you need to go around the ENTIRE two wings, filled with people, stop at your locker, then walk around, back upstairs, and etc...

yeesh. *shudders*
As for the other stuff... you could probably sue the school for being forced to be outside.

As for dress code... just follow it for a bit, and they'll lax off. trust me on that... *shudders* two weeks, they don't care, spring time, two weeks, don't care. really annoying. REALLY annoying.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:56 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote:yeesh. *shudders*
As for the other stuff... you could probably sue the school for being forced to be outside.
And that right there is one of the things I don't like about America today. If I don't like it, I'm gonna sue someone! =DDDD

Honestly, if it were 30-40 degrees outside, you really wouldn't feel it if you were running around and etc, so I really don't see the big deal about it. The people who have to walk home instead of riding a bus have to go out in it, so it's not gonna kill you.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:46 pm

I asked my gym teacher today what a "light snow" ment to him.
He said 3 or 4 inches. *shivers* I'm cold already.....

The boys have to play football, and the girls lacrosse.

The boys are allowed to wear winter gloves. Girls aren't.
Why...? I don't know.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:53 pm

... -__-

That is why I am glad I don't take Gym.

As in for the sueing thing... I agree, it's moronic. I've thought so many times that this is just moronic. A thing that my parents got involved in in my neighborhood (Two 10-year-olds driving a golf cart around at high speed), and my parents tried to stop it... the parents of the 10-year-olds threatened to sue my parents for scaring their kids, etc... more crap like that. *twitches* Just... sad.
-Adam Picard-

Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:52 pm

...I seriously hope you're kidding.

Part of gym is being outside. Suck it up, you won't die.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:25 pm

Tiff wrote:
...I seriously hope you're kidding.

So do I. *shudders* Even still... I don't think my district wants ANY kind of excuse for someone... we have no money at all.
-Adam Picard-

-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:18 pm

There is no such thing as 40 degree weather here in December/winter season. That be a miracle.
The last thing I would want to be doing is some sport, outside, in below freezing weather, when its snowing out, and all I'm allowed is a light coat. I know you need to be outside somtimes in gym. But I'm a extremely sensitive to cold weather. I hate it. Even when its alittle cold outside, I feel like I'm freezing. And the girls aren't allowed to have gloves are anything like that (WHILE THE BOYS CAN!!! >__>)
I mean, if its only 40 or 35-39, I'll suck it up. But when the ground is covered in snow...?
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:23 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote: So do I. *shudders*
Um..i'm talking to YOU, since you're the one who suggested suing.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:30 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
There is no such thing as 40 degree weather here in December/winter season. That be a miracle.
The last thing I would want to be doing is some sport, outside, in below freezing weather, when its snowing out, and all I'm allowed is a light coat. I know you need to be outside somtimes in gym. But I'm a extremely sensitive to cold weather. I hate it. Even when its alittle cold outside, I feel like I'm freezing. And the girls aren't allowed to have gloves are anything like that (WHILE THE BOYS CAN!!! >__>)
I mean, if its only 40 or 35-39, I'll suck it up. But when the ground is covered in snow...?
...You're the one who said 30-40 degree weather...

And I grew up around where you live. (You gave it away when you mentioned Darien Lake) I went outside in winter for gym, and I'm still alive, and I didn't get to wear gloves and etc. You can bring sweatpants to gym class, y'know...
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:37 pm

Suck it up, dude. 30-40 degree weather ain't nothin'. Imagine having to be out in 20 degree weather...out on the bus stop... With snow and ice all around you... And the bus is late. I'm not making this up as an example, I've had it happen to me, and that was around the time when I didn't even have a heavy coat to wear. Just be happy they're not making you go out in worse than that.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:04 am

That's nothing! When I was a kid, I had to walk fifteen miles to school in the snow. And we didn't have any fancy shoes, no sir, we had burlap bags tied to our feet.

*shuffles off to her recliner*
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:25 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:That's nothing! When I was a kid, I had to walk fifteen miles to school in the snow. And we didn't have any fancy shoes, no sir, we had burlap bags tied to our feet.

*shuffles off to her recliner*
Uphill both ways?

*dies*

ADMIN MODE: XD;; okay okay, back on topic. Let's get off the snow/30 degree weather/omg gym class is evil thing.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:53 pm

I get annoyed when my friend, who is living with me at the moment because of extreme circumstances, falls asleep while we are watching a movie she wanted to see (DVD).

I get mildly more annoyed when she forgets that there's a five months old baby girl in her stroller shrieking for whichever motive.

I get more than beyond pissed when this goes on for more than ten minutes without a move from the mother. Call me cold hearted if you must, but I will NOT move a finger any further than the water baby bottle she has in the stroller, because this has happened in the past and it seems the mother is taking advantage of the fact that I'm here to have a nap. Nuh huh, sorry. Passive-agressive okay, maybe, but damn, this baby is louder than my Thomas' alarm clock and the mother won't move.

I'm guessing the mother is sort of doing this on purpose. Sort of. I sleep VERY WELL and I couldn't sleep if this noise was near me (I couldn't last night at 4 AM) . I'm pretty sad to hear this baby shriek like that, but I'm not that baby's mother.

I don't care if you didn't get any sleep last night, friend. You didn't ASK me to do any of these things and just assumed. Yes, I did stay with you this afternoon instead of going to have fun with my friend Vincent, out of pity sort of, but most of all because Thomas doesn't want you all alone here. And for that ? For you to take advantage of things again ?

Trust me, you either get better at this, or you can always be out in two weeks. I don't care that I got in an argument with your mom so big that she threatens to sue me because you escaped her (my friend is 20 years old, legal age here is 18) , but DO NOT TAKE ME AS GRANTED.

Sorry for the big rant guys.
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:55 pm

I get annoyed with people who take stuff that is supposed to be light hearted and fun and throw logic and seriousness into it. I sat and listened to my uncle and his friends pick apart a cartoon because of stuff going on in it not realizing that its just a cartoon. Come on its mostly mindless slapstick its not supposed to make sense or be logical. So a rabbit can run in midair as long as he dont look down that crap is funny to me. Why to people insist on ruining the pure entertainment value of things by throwing seriousness into it? Drives me mad.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:24 am

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:I get annoyed with people who take stuff that is supposed to be light hearted and fun and throw logic and seriousness into it. I sat and listened to my uncle and his friends pick apart a cartoon because of stuff going on in it not realizing that its just a cartoon. Come on its mostly mindless slapstick its not supposed to make sense or be logical. So a rabbit can run in midair as long as he dont look down that crap is funny to me. Why to people insist on ruining the pure entertainment value of things by throwing seriousness into it? Drives me mad.
My ex-boyfriend used to do things like that. It wasn't limited to things on TV, either. Like if we'd be in a conversation with each other or someone else, and I'd make a joke or say something sarcastic, he'd sit there and pick apart what I had said and analyze every bit of it. It made me so mad when he did that.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?